UK

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I live in hope of a UK man meet, like i said before in this thread, i'd be up for it.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I still think the best bet is a meet at Arcade Club - If someone posts a date we all just need to turn up!

I'm there 14th October in case anyone else is - Will be there again in December too.

Maybe we're best off posting here when we're going and then see who can attend?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
My advice lads... is have ONE member deal with all admin of keeping tabs on people... who want to turn up...

Pm's... keeping a list and so forth..

I'd also consider starting a Fresh Thread where you can edit the date and stuffs...

xROTx

PS. I'd also suggest asking someone who is well known and have a lot of time on his hands to check the thread and keep tabs..

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Don't know if I can travel anywhere, but I can easily get to Arcade Club (or anywhere in the North, so I can get back easily)?

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Just missed it for this year but Revival is a great event.

Play expo in blackpool looks awesome to but I have never been there.

THEMAN

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
I’ll be in London in 2 weeks for 5 days. Anyone down for a meet up. I’ll be in town July 9-14.
Any museums worth visiting/plays worth watching?

Last edited:

Erhgiez

n00b
I'm based in London, would be happy to meet up with anyone nearby, or maybe a larger meet if further away

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I’m going to see how much my local arcade costs for exclusive hire

Last edited:

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
UK, Europe and anyone else that can be arsed, my local arcade is class: http://www.konbo.co.uk/

Would anyone be interested in a UK meet in Edinburgh in 2019? They have a decent selection of Neo games, you can hire out the back room that has 3 machines, or the whole place which is 6 machines. Depending on numbers, it might cost £15 to £30 each for exclusive hire (approximately). They only have 2 MVS motherboards, but we can rotate on the night.

They are happy with BYOB (bring your own alcohol) for exclusive evening events. I could easily arrange a whiskey tasting course the day before or after followed by curry for anyone interested.

USA folk, flights New York to Edinburgh via Norwegian air are the cheapest they have ever been. Europe folk - Edinburgh is pretty well connected with flights these days.

Let us know. Open invite even to folks that don’t like me. I’m less an arse irl.

Peace, Jockman.

tomlee80

Kabuki Klasher
I'm near Reading, Berkshire. Up for playing some Neo Turf Masters, Baseball Superstars. Oh and I'd pay someone local with the skills to install a UNIBIOS into my Neo Geo AES because I really don't want to ship it to Leeds or Blackpool!

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Jock I could be down for a wee scotish break.

Tomlee, Have a word with Niel at 8bitplus.

He installed a Unibios in my NGCD and has excellent service and after support.
Cant recommend him enough :)

I'm near Reading, Berkshire. Up for playing some Neo Turf Masters, Baseball Superstars. Oh and I'd pay someone local with the skills to install a UNIBIOS into my Neo Geo AES because I really don't want to ship it to Leeds or Blackpool!

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Jock I could be down for a wee scotish break

Good man.

I’m thinking with 3 machines means we need at least 6 people to make it viable. Ill keep an eye on this thread, and if there’s enough interest, I’ll put something together and arrange suitable times over PM or in chat with interested folk.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Anyone up for an Arcade Club meet 28th December? I'm heading up there then anyway, would be good to see you there.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Doubt I would be able to get there around then.

Xmas time is always busy for me.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
No worries guys, might be worth just randomly posting when folks are heading there or other arcades and see If we can have a mini meet - I try and get to arcade club every other month at least.

tomlee80

Kabuki Klasher
Jock I could be down for a wee scotish break.

Tomlee, Have a word with Niel at 8bitplus.

He installed a Unibios in my NGCD and has excellent service and after support.
Cant recommend him enough :)

Done. He's got my AES with him this week. Thanks for the recommendation!

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
Spoiler:
THIS...

That is the ONLY reason people come to UK meets...

xROTx

PS. I have held more than a few... no one wants to play games... just chat shit and drink...

EDIT. Works for me...
what?1
not get sloshed, shittalk each other, fail at the games then fall over in a pissed up stupor? :D
i find that hard to believe. :p

UK, Europe and anyone else that can be arsed, my local arcade is class: http://www.konbo.co.uk/

Would anyone be interested in a UK meet in Edinburgh in 2019? They have a decent selection of Neo games, you can hire out the back room that has 3 machines, or the whole place which is 6 machines. Depending on numbers, it might cost £15 to £30 each for exclusive hire (approximately). They only have 2 MVS motherboards, but we can rotate on the night.

Hi JockMan,

I'm a new UK member, having just got my CMVS up and running a couple of days ago.
(well, consolized is a bit of an exaggeration - its just a mess of wires on the floor at the moment - but it works, and I love it already!).

I might be interested in an Edinburgh meetup, since I'm not far away.

Konbo looks interesting - I'd visited the games cafe in Glasgow a year or two ago, before it closed down, and its nice to see there's a new one a bit closer to home. Might try and pop in this weekend when in town for some xmas shopping.

Rob

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
So umm... Konbo sadly didn't last long - shame it didn't make money like it deserved to. Then covid happened, so no UK meet ups happened for 2 years.

So... rock on 2022 maybe? I'm up for travelling the UK. Arcade club works for me.

Last edited: