Time To Get Our Tekken Tag 2 Tournament On!!!!!! (PSN)

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
With Tekken 7 due to release in afew months figured id get back in the Tekken groove. Havent touched this game for atleast a year due to losing my online pass. But i got a new one and am ready to play any TekkenHeads we might have in this forum.

Im down to play tonight if anyone is game.

PSN- MountainDewFKR

Ill be available after 8pm central

Last edited:

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
hows the netcode on this one compared to Tekken 6? 6 was almost unplayable unless you had full signal bars.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Tekken Tag 2 was such a disappointment. You can tell it was rushed AF and the combo system was nowhere near as good as the original TTT. Plus those terrible accessories. On a side note Tekken 7 is looking badass.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Tekken Tag 1 is the game i spent the most time at the arcades and home console going to tournaments local and out of state. I played it since day 1 release in the arcades. Its a really fun game, infact at the last meet I had Tekken Tag 1 and Tag 2 setup right next to eachother. Was fun seeing/playing them side by side. Nothing like special mid windgodfist from tag 1. That being said the best tekkens imo as far a competitive wise were tekken 3, Tag 1, 5 DR and Tag 2. I got bored of tag 2 and stopped playing. But now that T7 is coming out and looks pretty sick, im getting the back into Tekken. All the local tekken players have been trying to get me back into the scene. Been too busy with 2d fighters lol

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Plus those terrible accessories.

Before my ps3 ylod on my ass i had all my characters looking super bright, pink and fruity!!!! Nothing like owning somebody online with some retarded ass looking characters. The one thing I miss about playing tekken online was the hate pm's. Scrubs that play tekken seem to be some of the saltiest players around hahaha. I guess some ppl dont like to be Phoenix smashed 5 times in a round lol

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I dont spam. But for the ppl that do, it is most def punishable. For some characters, Ganryu, Feng,Aking, steve, etc its easier than others. I think the most annoying aspect of tag 2 is the Capos. They are so strong and hard to hit.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Honestly I thought the Capos were a little nerfed compared to earlier titles. Especially with the option of parrying the low attacks seems easier in this game. You have to be a little sneaky to make them work IMO.

Personally I've seen more hate for Hworang. The high low mix ups on shitty lag is hard to do anything with. My anger is with the dumbass tag combos. If you do them right it's easily worse then Tekken 6 in damage delt.

I mostly play on 360 since they made it backwards compatible, but do have it for PS3.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
nah, if this was a earlier tekken title where a low parry would guarantee a free hop kick/launcher then yes. But since the low parry just puts them in bind state, it doesnt hurt as bad. Play acouple of really good Eddy and Christy teams and you will see what im saying. Not saying they are not beatable but its frustrating. Hworang can just be side stepped if you know to go left or right on mix ups. Hes not that much of a problem in Tag 2. In T7 though, he looks to be a monster

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
ggs Mr. Baka, even though we had a weird connection that kept lagging. After you got off i played a whole bunch of 4's and 5's without any issues. I dont think i connected on combo on you that did more than 75 points of damage. Lag kept making me drop my BnB's

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I'm not terribly good, but I'm always up for vs play.

btw AJ check your pm storage limit yo

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
yea I broke down and found a ps3 copy for $10 locally

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
With the online pass attached and still active? LMK if you wanna grab some matches tonight. Ill be available around 630 central. Just pm me or add me on PSN. Ill log on and leave it on for awhile

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
ggs Mr. Baka, even though we had a weird connection that kept lagging. After you got off i played a whole bunch of 4's and 5's without any issues. I dont think i connected on combo on you that did more than 75 points of damage. Lag kept making me drop my BnB's

GGs Yeah my end it either dropped moves completely or my timing was a wreck because the the lag was all over the place. I was looking forward to playing you so much it made me super salty when the connection got so crazy. Usually that frustration was saved for KOF XIII matches. Can always try again another day.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
I couldnt land a simple combo like Pauls Qcf+1, 1, b+1,2 for shit lol. If your down we can try today again around the same time as yesterday.