Are they trying to kill the EPA? What's going on?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I just can not imagine - aside from bribes - why politicians think killing the EPA is a good idea. Do they want America to head the way China is already in, where some days the smog is so bad school's closed? Just madness. Someone explain please.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I just can not imagine - aside from bribes - why politicians think killing the EPA is a good idea. Do they want America to head the way China is already in, where some days the smog is so bad school's closed? Just madness. Someone explain please.

The short answer is no, the EPA isn't going away anytime soon.

They're just not going to fine you $30k per day because you filled in a puddle on your property...which they refer to as "wetlands".

Jon

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm sorry but a policy of "Approve a regulation for every two dismissed" is the dumbest shit I've ever heard of. It's like something that an 8th grader would come up with.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'm sorry but a policy of "Approve a regulation for every two dismissed" is the dumbest shit I've ever heard of. It's like something that an 8th grader would come up with.

Please explain what that is and what's going on

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I don't get climate change deniers

if you don't want to believe that climate change is a product of mankind and their wasteful habits, that's one thing, but what's the worse thing to come out of seeking green energy/more efficient recycling programs?

more breathable air and less trash in the dumps/oceans?

THE HORROR

as for the EPA?

it's all about money like always

Trump and his buddies make money off of land, fuel, chemicals, etc...

plenty of ways for them to make more money if the laws become more lax

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
but what's the worse thing to come out of seeking green energy/more efficient recycling programs?

You mean to tell me you aren't getting fined 30k per day for filling in a puddle on your property?

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
I don't get climate change deniers

if you don't want to believe that climate change is a product of mankind and their wasteful habits, that's one thing, but what's the worse thing to come out of seeking green energy/more efficient recycling programs?

more breathable air and less trash in the dumps/oceans?

THE HORROR

as for the EPA?

it's all about money like always

This

if regulating pollutants and cutting down on waste is a bad thing tell me how? And if your answer is jobs. Get a fucking clue. If you're kicked out of a menial manufacturing or factory job because of regulations that's scapegoating. What was your individual performance like as a worker? Your education level? Your ambition to move up in the company? Let's face it: the bottom barrel workers get cut because they are expendable. Not because "regulations" take a night course on excel, learn to type, figure out word, learn to make a spreadsheet. Complacency kills jobs, a lack of ambition to move up kills jobs. Not regulations.

So again how does working towards a cleaner burning energy source, emissions free living, and sustainable fuel turn into a bad thing. Global warming was going to happen anyway, the dinosaurs existed during a period of global warming. It is a naturally occurring phenomenon. It has been exacerbated by human hands. It's time we fought for more regulations, if coal companies go bust: good. Maybe subsidize college for the miners so when the inevitable happens they can find their way into other, good, jobs. Don't just step back on regulations like a grumpy child.

The waters off the coast of Newfoundland were over fished, to the point that they had to close down and re locate several small fishing villages along the coast. Many of these former fishermen saw this as an opportunity to learn something new and found their way into new fields of work. The same will happen to these miners. Don't assume that because your father did it, and his did too, that you have to follow in suit. Life is what we make of it. So far what has been made by trump are knee jerk reactions to solvable situations.

Jobs are there, laborers are available, do not blame regulations or immigrants for your lack of a job. Blame yourself.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

And plenty on the left make money off of green, alternative, renewable, etc...

plenty of ways for them to make more money if the laws become more stringent

Continuing to propagate a belief that only one party holds a monopoly on self-interested politics is such a joke and just shows that you've bought the whole Dems are for mother Earth routine that they managed to sell to hippie boomers and new age yuppies and global justice millennials (no one cares about Gen X). Meanwhile plenty of republicans have bought into the party line that democrats are going to 'took yer jorb' via excessive regulation.

Get your head out of your ass.

Personally, it has nothing to do with whether or not climate change is real and anthropogenic and everything to do with how futile most attempts to stop it will be. Between extreme measures that cost trillions and more modest changes that might be realized, I'd prefer the latter. If, and prepare for some bullshit statistics here, say 90% of our gains came at 10% of the cost, the remaining 10% will come at 90% of the cost. And in the end, China and India will continue to spew shit into the air and water regardless of what we do. So why not just do the first 90% and then work on getting the rest of the world to adopt those similar policies?

Further, the EPA is simply another example where states have vacated their authority to the federal government which then institutes 50 state solutions where they are not always applicable. This leads to West Virginians hurting while Californians don't feel a thing. This leads to the contempt you see for them big city types from the revolting peasants. This leads to Trump getting elected.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member

Yes, they are trying to gut the EPA. This is because the EPA stands in the way of one of the biggest industries in the world: oil. It's as simple as that. Billionaires have a hard-on for oil. EPA makes it difficult. EPA must be nerfed.

I'll keep fighting for animals' rights, and by extension, the environment, but part of me feels like you just can't beat these assholes and the sooner we destroy the earth and kill off humanity, or at least drastically reduce it, due to rising tides, extreme weather, etc., the better it will be in the long run for wildlife.

Greetings from Boston, where I've been wearing a t-shirt for most of the winter. Drill baby, drill.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Yes, they are trying to gut the EPA. This is because the EPA stands in the way of one of the biggest industries in the world: oil. It's as simple as that. Billionaires have a hard-on for oil. EPA makes it difficult. EPA must be nerfed.

I'll keep fighting for animals' rights, and by extension, the environment, but part of me feels like you just can't beat these assholes and the sooner we destroy the earth and kill off humanity, or at least drastically reduce it, due to rising tides, extreme weather, etc., the better it will be in the long run for wildlife.

Greetings from Boston, where I've been wearing a t-shirt for most of the winter. Drill baby, drill.

Just another example of human exceptionalism.

We're all animals dude. Unfortunately for many other, much more specialized animal species, minor changes in the environment will lead to species extinction. Humans are the ultimate generalist however and are much more adaptable to a range of climates. We will be here for a while. At least until the next mass extinction event. In which case, maybe fish can run the world for a while, I won't care, I'll be dead.

99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999% of all species that have ever existed have gone extinct. And considering that at worst, we are talking about a couple hundred years of human impact on the climate, then I'd venture to say that this is true, this planet is just a harsh bitch, regardless of what we do in our short time here.

P.S. Did you know polar bears can swim? That sad little polar bear in the commercial floating away on an ice floe? He could just jump off and swim back to wherever it was he came from. That doesn't really illustrate the point they're going for though.

P.P.S. Your little wearing shorts in Boston winter anecdote is just as braindead as the "Global warming lol" comments when it snows in October.

You faget.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Just another example of human exceptionalism.

We're all animals dude. Unfortunately for many other, much more specialized animal species, minor changes in the environment will lead to species extinction. Humans are the ultimate generalist however and are much more adaptable to a range of climates. We will be here for a while. At least until the next mass extinction event. In which case, maybe fish can run the world for a while, I won't care, I'll be dead.

99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999% of all species that have ever existed have gone extinct. And considering that at worst, we are talking about a couple hundred years of human impact on the climate, then I'd venture to say that this is true, this planet is just a harsh bitch, regardless of what we do in our short time here.

P.S. Did you know polar bears can swim? That sad little polar bear in the commercial floating away on an ice floe? He could just jump off and swim back to wherever it was he came from. That doesn't really illustrate the point they're going for though.

P.P.S. Your little wearing shorts in Boston winter anecdote is just as braindead as the "Global warming lol" comments when it snows in October.

You faget.

I'm obviously half-joking and being hyperbolic. But to be real for a moment, I do think that, if the stars align, humanity could really fuck itself up, especially the ultra modern areas of the world. If environmental collapse affects infrastructure to a certain breaking point, humans are going to have issues.

Second, my joke about wearing a t-shirt... 2016 was the warmest winter ever. Last week Antarctica had its warmest day ever. I don't think this is all a coincidence. And no, it's not the flipside of Republicans pointing out that it snows in October now. "Global warming" is a misnomer. "Climate change" is a bit more accurate, as scientists predict not simply warmer weather, but more extreme fluctuations in weather. But I'm sure you know that and are just being an ass.

P.S. Polar bears kill seals. Seals are cuter. Let the polar bears die.

P.P.S. Humans can swim too.

P.P.P.S. The planet is not harsh. We've found life in the most remote and most extreme environments that we've explored. Extremophiles bitch.

I do love the cock, especially the elephant cock, which has prehensile qualities.

Marek

Banned
No fines for pipelines spilling chemicals into the water supplies for native Americans either.

THEY SHOULD TRY BEING WHITE SOME TIME, HIPPY FAGGOT!!

But I love the silence from ki_faggotsushi and LWKKK in this thread. The silence that speaks volumes.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Oh yeah, because you've always given me a fair shake right? Such a dick.

Marek

Banned
Oh yeah, because you've always given me a fair shake right? Such a dick.

You don't deserve one. You slurped down conspiracy theories and puked them back onto the forums for months and months then said "I'm done with Trump".

You're a fucking moron. I'd rather be an asshole than stupid.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I love how he admits to being and asshole. Free money.

The jokes not on me, it's on you. You're investing your time and energy into pure hatred non stop. You seriously need help for your anger issues.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Who's the one who can't forget about me? Your ass. You're creepy.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I had the video up prior to that edit to. I can't tell if that's his bare nuts in some leather device or not, NSFW.. I wish I had a giant metal rod for my Dick. I'd probably pick up those channels my tv fucking hates.