Where to buy pre-modded lit NGPC?

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
I doubt anyone does it. Even Jamma Nation X no longer offers the service due to the difficulty in getting it done perfectly. See if you can get a wormlight instead. The pocket color has a reflective screen.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Keep an eye out on ebay. Sometimes they show up.
I didn't think it was too bad when i modded one, but maybe i got lucky. I was not able to put on a dimmer or on/off switch.

There are some detailed instructions on the forum if you want to attempt it yourself.

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
From my understand there is no doing it perfectly. The NGPC light mod requires losing a few row of pixels, if it's done badly it can make some texts hard to read when they hang close to the edge, on top of that my understanding is that even when done right it isn't all that impressive, some people actually reported going back to regular unmodded units as they felt that using good lighting conditions actually gave the screen a nicer look.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah, I've got two (badly) modded units and I mostly use a stock system with a lamp.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
So the so called upgrade is a downgrade with washed out visibility/colors and a loss of visual area needed in some games. Total win on that for sure. I was interested, now I am not.