Fire Pro Wrestling World

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I posted in a thread the other week I'd like nothing more than an updated Fire Pro, looks like I got my wish:

From the video looks like we are getting a bunch of needed updates and adjustments. This is the most excited I've been for a new game in probably a decade. I'll be buying a PS4 just for this.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
This is the best gaming news I've heard in a long time!

I haven't watched wrestling since the 90s, but I love the fire pro games. I've been playing quite a bit of X premium and D these last few weeks.

It's cool to see them stay 2d and it'll also be on steam!

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
6 Man Scramble was my very first import! So many fucking hours just creating wreslters in jap text. Im hyped!

Wrestlefest update would be even more awesome though!

Last edited:
Not sure how this is different from FirePro Wrestling Returns on PS2 besides online play. Would be nice if they added ladder or table matches, customizable entrance music, or even a casket match. Maybe they'll at least let you upload pictures for the ring logos instead of having to draw them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I'm not a huge wrestling fan but the fire pro series has some of the best wrestling games I have ever played. Looking forward to this.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Oh fux yes.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
It's so much fun! Mr Pogo vs Zangeif? I think so.

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
<NG Forum style bitter, hates everything new snap judgement response>

Looks like a cellphone/flash game. Pass. Maybe if it goes on sale for 5 cents.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I'm loving it so far. Gameplay is great as ever and the new strike exchanges are awesome. The edit mode updates and welcome, and the Steam workshop is really cool. Plus there is a tutorial mode for newbies. Spike has already updated the beta once to address issues too. I highly recommend it

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
<NG Forum style bitter, hates everything new snap judgement response>

Looks like a cellphone/flash game. Pass. Maybe if it goes on sale for 5 cents.

So far the reviews are good. I'm going to wait till the price comes down a bit since I'm not in a huge rush to play this but will purchase.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
No PS4 version yet, and no release date announced. Like GutsDozer said, it all depends if steam edits work on PS4, fingers crossed Spike will figure it out.

Also, game is $20 right now where it is an open beta, when that ends the price will go up to $40.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
So I keep meaning to try this series out, but for one reason or another never got around to it. Does it play like the old Taito arcade engine (Wrestlefest, WWF Superstars, Champion Wrestler, Mat Mania) or does it play totally differently? Most of my wrestling game experience is that, early crappy console games, or the N64 engine.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
So I keep meaning to try this series out, but for one reason or another never got around to it. Does it play like the old Taito arcade engine (Wrestlefest, WWF Superstars, Champion Wrestler, Mat Mania) or does it play totally differently? Most of my wrestling game experience is that, early crappy console games, or the N64 engine.

If it's your first time, it's pretty different. It's grappling system isn't for button mashing, but rather who can hit the direction and one of a few attack buttons the fastest. You start off with weak attack grapples, then work your way up to strong and strongest attack grapples, like a sim. It might take awhile to get used to, but it's a fun series that's worth the investment.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member

Nothing like those. It's its own thing, you pretty much have to try it to have any idea. It's pretty much 100% timing-based. Looks and feels really weird when you're learning it but then it'll click and it's a real good time.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I love wrestling games and have always wanted to get into FP but have never really found the one that did it for me, until I tried the Saturn version. Still feeling it out but the graphics and controls are good.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I heard picking up the PS2 version is a good starting point since it's so cheap to get. Is that true or is there a better one that also is easier to get (unless this is out for the PS4 by now)?

Last edited:

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Returns on the PS2 is definitely the one to get. If you have a PS3 I recommend the digital version due to virtual memory cards, that way you do not have to buy anything to transfer saves, which if you are wrestling fan you will want to do.

xRealNinjuzx

Astra Superstar
6 Man Scramble was my very first import! So many fucking hours just creating wreslters in jap text. Im hyped!

Wrestlefest update would be even more awesome though!

I had a gigantic printout from somewhere with the whole thing translated. I probably spent 100 hours just making wrestlers and never even playing. FPW6MS was dabes.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Returns on the PS2 is definitely the one to get. If you have a PS3 I recommend the digital version due to virtual memory cards, that way you do not have to buy anything to transfer saves, which if you are wrestling fan you will want to do.

Thanks I'll check it out on my off days. Can you get someone's save with the extra characters online then if you get the PS3 version?

Wrestlefest remake was ready to come out on Xbox live and THQ went under. It may have come out for iOS, I'm sure it's gone now.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/thq/wwe-wrestlefest-thq-game-iphone-ipad

Here's a video someone managed to show off their copy of the 360 game.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
All you need is a USB stick to do the transfer. Just copy the file to your game save on the PS3 and you'll be ready to go. You can also do this on a PS2 with an Action Replay Max if you have one. It is more of a pain, but the community did it for years before the PS3 version came out. There are tons of great saves out there, but I recommend starting with DJKM's work as he has made pretty much everyone from everywhere: https://www.youtube.com/user/djkm77/videos