5 Neo Geo games on Switch at launch

vinnieboy1

New Challenger
Yeah MS3 is also the MVS version btw. I noticed that no one mentioned that. I can't speak for any of the other games but I found that to be interesting

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Yeah MS3 is also the MVS version btw. I noticed that no one mentioned that. I can't speak for any of the other games but I found that to be interesting

how's that different than the AES version?

unofficialitguy

Hardened Shock Trooper
After clearing out the 120 shrines in Zelda: BotW and playing the final battle 5 times, I decided to check out Waku Waku 7 on the Switch. Disappointed in lack of online multiplayer but it is what it is. It's nice to have this game portable however, playing on the MVS is 100% better than playing handheld. Glad that SNK is represented on the Switch. Need them to port over TSS pls :)

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13

Curious about what you mean by this as well. Number of credits maybe? MVS, you can just continue forever of course. Is that what you meant? Limited amount of credits?

vinnieboy1

New Challenger
Well for one it's in mvs mode not aes mode e.g. Insert coin(not press start) and level shown also you have access to the mvs soft dips( game settings) which are very similar to the original MS3 mvs soft dip settings

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Looking forward to Neo Turf Masters. Could be fun... if it's a lag-free experience, I'm all in.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It is also in PSN and XBL just in case anyone is curious. No online games but online score board...such a wasted opportunity, NTM could be so much more if added a few simple features, just basically more records over anything else, like a more complete analysis of your game, like a career stats or something. It could be done without altering the game whatsoever.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
...NTM could be so much more if added a few simple features, just basically more records over anything else, like a more complete analysis of your game, like a career stats or something. It could be done without altering the game whatsoever.

Personally, accuracy is more important to me, but you're absolutely right in regards of PR. It would be great, if more people would be encouraged to discover this gem through such easy-to-insert features. An in-depth tutorial would work wonders as well.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Breaking down NTM you'll discover there's so much room for things that could add to the experience. For the sake of being naïve let's dream a little, a sequel could utilize that foundation and grow exponentially. Even in terms out of gameplay, crowd cheers could take a whole another level, sorta cameos as a prize for different feats. I'd have SNK characters and the classic guys. Definitely add the NGPC features as Map scrolling, yard appendage and so on. Physics wise, leave the game alone, same goes for commands (hell, even keep the alluring but obscure spin features), it's perfect.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
You're absolutely right. I bought NTM on XBL (and will probably get it on switch, too) and was pretty let down by the trophies. Even some better challenges implemented as trophies would've gone a long way. For example, there's no trophy for winning longest drive, closest to the pin, or getting a hole in one. All of those should be trophies. Getting certain high scores on each course should be a trophy. 1 cc should be a trophy. Lots of little things that would require no alteration to the game that could make these versions of NTM better.

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Pulstar is on the Wii Virtual Console in Japan.

Oh GOD. I need that SO FUCKING BADLY now.

Why the hell hasn't it been released in America yet? I don't get it. Anyone has any clue?

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Hamster is putting these out at a pretty good clip. Looks like Metal Slug 1 is coming out this week for Switch and KoF 95 is coming out for xbox.

|PIE|

n00b
According to the latest Nintendo Direct, the next batch of games will be:

Fatal Fury
Over Top
Blazing Star
Garou MOTW
Samurai Showdown IV
KOF '99
Galaxy Fight
Shock Troopers 2nd Squad

Not bad. Quite looking forward to Blazing Star.

Link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDedvre19es (skip to about 20:00).

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
4 credits, dip settings, yadda yadda yadda.

I'm pretty sure that for the Wii VC titles they started running them in MVS mode for flagship titles that have major censorship in AES mode, like Samurai Shodown.

Last edited: