Pocket Rumble - a new NGPC style fighter

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
So, did this get canceled or something?

Think this game was announced back when the Switch announcement was made, or just after.
I was really interested in this game back when it was announced, and was following its release.
Now I'm not so sure I would be willing to spend more that 19.99 on it as a physical release.

Maybe these guys can't code a fighting game.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
We will see, come the end of July. But I’m sceptical.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
indie game dev will be years late if they have the funds. I wouldn't get worked up over such things.

[OCEAN]

Sakura's Bank Manager
I still have some hopes on this one. Not fan of kickstarters, since the projects usually derail, but the updated video looks nice and the Early Access route doesn't sound too bad.
It sucks if you're one of the backers, but at least they threw in a free Switch code for those.
We'll see when it comes out, but it'd be really cool if it turns out to be a decent NGPC style fighter. After all, there are not many devs that take inspiration on this great handheld...

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Finally! Looking forward to playing this tonight!

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Is it worth buying?
Fuckers took forever, and now I'm not sure if I should buy it.

Yeah for $10 it’s pretty fun. It’s got a good simplified move set and the art is close to the NGPC fighters. Perhaps not as high in animation quality but pretty decent.
The online ranked matches have been pretty solid too. I’ve had good connections overall. No dropouts or lagging during matches, but some dropouts during matchmaking. Which is ideal tbh.

jdoll

Kuroko's Training Dummy
this looks awesome glad it got released to gonna grab it this week for my birthday to play at work! i want it for ngpc too though is that still happening?