Double Dragon Cab Video Issue

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Tonight this problem started. The machine starts up, then the video gets choppy, then it cuts out.

Here's a YouTube video link.

https://youtu.be/30ZCkTTFEf4

Someone please advise. I'm in Lawrenceville NJ and I'll pay someone to come out and fix the issue.

I tried a spare board that I've tested in the past and it's definitely not an issue with the board.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Looks like it could possibly be going into HV shutdown. Could be related to caps, could be something to do with the HV protection circuit. What chassis is it?

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
It should be on the chassis (sometimes there is a white information card on the back of the neck board, at least on Hantarex monitors that I've had) somewhere of if you take some photos of it someone should recognise it.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I'm local. If I free up in the next few weeks, I may be able to come out and take a look.

Things to look for:

Is the tube "lit" up (from behind) after it cuts out?
Do you hear any clicking or sounds before/after?
Have you checked voltage/amperage on the monitor and leads?
What happens after you leave the monitor on for an hour? Does it come back on?
Do you smell anything while it's on?
Have you discharged the tube/flyback? When you turn it on, what does it do?

Tacitus

Staff member
Have you tried this with a different board?

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
I'm local. If I free up in the next few weeks, I may be able to come out and take a look.

Things to look for:

Is the tube "lit" up (from behind) after it cuts out?
Do you hear any clicking or sounds before/after?
Have you checked voltage/amperage on the monitor and leads?
What happens after you leave the monitor on for an hour? Does it come back on?
Do you smell anything while it's on?
Have you discharged the tube/flyback? When you turn it on, what does it do?

Have you tried this with a different board?

There's no smell, and I haven't checked anything with the monitor, I'm super ignorant with that shit and I'm pretty sure I'd electrocute myself. I did try another board, that I've tested in the recent past, same issue.

Here's a video of the inside.
Feel free to PM me and we can try to set something up for you to check it out. I'm hoping to get it running by my birthday on the 18th as Im having people over. Lemme know what works for you.

Last edited:

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
That chassis is a Tovis/Vision Pro chassis. On the sticker on the metal shielding on the side of the tube does it have a specific model no? I think I can see it but it's too blurry to make out. I'm assuming it's a MTG-1901 seeing as it's a 19" tube.

Personally, I would start with the caps in the power section and work from there. Without a schematic, though, it'll be harder to diagnose the problem unless you know the chassis. If you need it fixed by a particular date it might be worth trying to find someone who repairs chassis that you can send it to.

Tacitus

Staff member
Pm me. I have an extra 19'' monitor in storage that is doing absolutely dick. It's in an old trivia game. You can have it.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Turns out it was a loose connection in the cab. All is well. Just had to jiggle a few plugs.

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
I have the same cab, enjoy it. Many childhood hours all up in there...