Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Here we go again with system 32.

  1. #1
    KING of teh SCOOPS!
    radiantsvgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Paulding, GA

    Posts
    1,041

    Here we go again with system 32.

    Alright, this golden axe I have, something is wrong with the A board. The colors are overly yellow, but sometimes revert back to normal colors. Any ideas? Everything else on the board is fine. Controls and sound all good, just color looking piss yellow.

  2. #2
    SouthTown StreetSweeper
    pulstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Southampton, England

    Posts
    568
    I take it this is Revenge of Death Adder and not the original Golden Axe? With being overly saturated in yellow I would assume there is something wrong with both the red and green being overdriven on the board. Checking the palette ram is working correctly with a scope or logic probe would be the first starting point for me.

    Is the whole screen going yellow? Or just certain parts of it. A picture might help.
    My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

  3. #3
    KING of teh SCOOPS!
    radiantsvgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Paulding, GA

    Posts
    1,041
    Quote Originally Posted by pulstar View Post
    I take it this is Revenge of Death Adder and not the original Golden Axe? With being overly saturated in yellow I would assume there is something wrong with both the red and green being overdriven on the board. Checking the palette ram is working correctly with a scope or logic probe would be the first starting point for me.

    Is the whole screen going yellow? Or just certain parts of it. A picture might help.
    I'll get a pic soon, I have it semi working now. It looks like it could be possible bad traces near the jamma harness. There's a lot of solder on some of the pins.

    Edit:

    Last edited by radiantsvgun; 02-25-2017 at 01:12 PM.

  4. #4
    CPS2 Person.
    mainman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Torrance, California, USA

    Posts
    3,481
    Quote Originally Posted by radiantsvgun View Post
    I'll get a pic soon, I have it semi working now. It looks like it could be possible bad traces near the jamma harness. There's a lot of solder on some of the pins.

    Edit:



    Get a multimeter out and patch it, Death Adder is to good and rare for it to remain faulty.


    Throne of Games


    Quote Originally Posted by darksoft View Post
    Don't hide it, you are angry beacuse if a multiboot is made, you will not be the only one that can Play Progear

  5. #5
    SouthTown StreetSweeper
    pulstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Southampton, England

    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by mainman View Post
    Get a multimeter out and patch it, Death Adder is to good and rare for it to remain faulty.
    Definitely. Check all the pins there and the green on the other side as well.
    My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

  6. #6
    KING of teh SCOOPS!
    radiantsvgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Paulding, GA

    Posts
    1,041
    Quote Originally Posted by mainman View Post
    Get a multimeter out and patch it, Death Adder is to good and rare for it to remain faulty.
    You're not kidding, I'd poach my board from spiderman in a heartbeat and just have a faulty spiderman if it came to that.

    I couldn't get my multimeter to work properly, probably due to the grime that was on the board. I scrubbed some serious black dirt off the entire board, but I do have a consistently working board now. I'm sure I haven't seen the end of the problems, but I've tested it on both cabs now and it seems good to go.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •