Scart upscale with everdrive or retro freak questions?

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
So I'm not sure if I should purchase scart csync cables for my systems and one of those cheap scart to hdmi converters or if I should just get a retro freak. I mean I can do the hdmi NES down the line and do the rgb mod on my turbo graffix? I'm just really not sure the reviews seem good on the retro freak.

I have a ufo Sd cart for my snes and a mega everdrive ver1 for my Genesis. Having a hard time choosing.

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
Retro Freak sucks - poor build quality and reliability, plus emulation sucks in general compared to real hardware. Go the original hardware RGB fed into an OSSC/Framemeister route.

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
Retro Freak sucks - poor build quality and reliability, plus emulation sucks in general compared to real hardware. Go the original hardware RGB fed into an OSSC/Framemeister route.

I saw this article a bit ago and decided this would be the route I go.
https://nobitleftbehind.wordpress.com/2013/09/18/battle-of-the-scart-to-hdmi-converters-part-1/

I wanted to do my Genesis and SNES first. I wont spend the money on an xrgb or framemeister. I will be putting the signal to a led or lcd monitor or TV as I have a few choices. The retro freak only has an advantage to the amount of stuff it can do I guess. Its essentially an all in one solution that eliminates having to have fifteen consoles hooked up. I wouldn't even consider the scart route if I had not acquired so many systems over the years. I am also really interested in playing some of the old gbc and gba rpg's. Gameboy player sucks on my game cube so I sold my component cables for it.

3havoc

n00b
Take a look at the GBS 8300 converter, catches are it requires addons to achieve the same functionality as the XRGB mini and might cost the same all up as a XRGB mini.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Get a Framemeister. Don't get the consoles converted to HDMI. If you start adding HDMI to every console you end up modding everything and nothing is stock anymore.

Last edited: