Thread: Scart upscale with everdrive or retro freak questions?

Camel Slug

Scart upscale with everdrive or retro freak questions?

So I'm not sure if I should purchase scart csync cables for my systems and one of those cheap scart to hdmi converters or if I should just get a retro freak. I mean I can do the hdmi NES down the line and do the rgb mod on my turbo graffix? I'm just really not sure the reviews seem good on the retro freak.

I have a ufo Sd cart for my snes and a mega everdrive ver1 for my Genesis. Having a hard time choosing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesagwa View Post
    If a middle aged woman shitting on a glass coffee table shocks you, let me welcome you to the internet as you must be new here.

Zero's Tailor

Retro Freak sucks - poor build quality and reliability, plus emulation sucks in general compared to real hardware. Go the original hardware RGB fed into an OSSC/Framemeister route.

Camel Slug

Quote Originally Posted by ShootTheCore View Post
    Retro Freak sucks - poor build quality and reliability, plus emulation sucks in general compared to real hardware. Go the original hardware RGB fed into an OSSC/Framemeister route.
    I saw this article a bit ago and decided this would be the route I go.
    https://nobitleftbehind.wordpress.co...erters-part-1/

I wanted to do my Genesis and SNES first. I wont spend the money on an xrgb or framemeister. I will be putting the signal to a led or lcd monitor or TV as I have a few choices. The retro freak only has an advantage to the amount of stuff it can do I guess. Its essentially an all in one solution that eliminates having to have fifteen consoles hooked up. I wouldn't even consider the scart route if I had not acquired so many systems over the years. I am also really interested in playing some of the old gbc and gba rpg's. Gameboy player sucks on my game cube so I sold my component cables for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesagwa View Post
    If a middle aged woman shitting on a glass coffee table shocks you, let me welcome you to the internet as you must be new here.

New Challenger

Take a look at the GBS 8300 converter, catches are it requires addons to achieve the same functionality as the XRGB mini and might cost the same all up as a XRGB mini.
    Last edited by 3havoc; 02-28-2017 at 06:31 AM.

Get a Framemeister. Don't get the consoles converted to HDMI. If you start adding HDMI to every console you end up modding everything and nothing is stock anymore.
    Last edited by Neo Alec; 03-09-2017 at 10:59 PM.

Thread Information