Creative storage solution for HNG64 carts?

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Sup everyone. I know that the HNG64 is the least popular neo system, so I'll say thanks in advance since it may be a while before I see a response in here :lolz:

I'd like to know if anyone has come up with some creative storage solutions for hyper 64 carts aside from cardboard kit boxes. Shelving? Cases? Stackable solutions? Please share. It doesn't have to be pretty for display at all. Just looking for a solid storage solution apart from cardboard.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
for storage feel free to send your carts and systems to me. :D

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Well how can that be a problem when you have the kits...lol jk. Well when I get a hold of the boxes I can do some measuring, get them from u-line or some online retailer and you're all set. Print some repro labels and you'll be looking legit.

Edit: there's also some random plastic containers at places like Walmart and state lots, Christmas tree shop, I dunno all that stuff, some containers are actually half decent. I think I saw someone make some for his Naomi carts.

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
for storage feel free to send your carts and systems to me. :D

You got it ;) Get me a plane ticket to germany so I can deliver it personally and we can chill, have some beers, and play the hell outta some Buriki One :buttrock:

Well how can that be a problem when you have the kits...lol jk. Well when I get a hold of the boxes I can do some measuring, get them from u-line or some online retailer and you're all set. Print some repro labels and you'll be looking legit.

Edit: there's also some random plastic containers at places like Walmart and state lots, Christmas tree shop, I dunno all that stuff, some containers are actually half decent. I think I saw someone make some for his Naomi carts.

Yeah I'm looking for a solution that is more longterm and waterproof than the cardboard boxes. The plastic containers idea sounds perfect though! I'll have to do some hunting at craft stores or walmart like you said.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Waterproof? ...running errands for Murai still...I see.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Ok after hunting around I found the following cases which do a decent job of holding the carts plus inserts and promo stuff.

hng64 case back.JPG

hng64 case.jpg

Thanks again for the advice, EG! :buttrock:

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Nice, I'm glad it worked out for you, looking good my ninja!

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Looks like a proper burial casket. :keke:

*salutes* We will remember thee. You who died before your time, before you could bless us with a standout 2d title like your brethren. Our time with thee was far too short...

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
Do you have a name or a link on where to buy those. They look tasty.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I got them from my local Michael's craft store for $4.19 each. The product is called a "slim project case" and are meant to hold 8 1/2 x 11 inch paper (product pjc-3000 from a company called "IRIS"). The hng64 cart fits snug with art and inserts. The double snapcase design is quite nice, but I worry that they may pop open and wish there was a tad more clearance; so I am actually going to sample a similar product that they offer as well.

Here is what I have now:
https://www.amazon.com/IRIS-Project...8&qid=1488240151&sr=1-2&keywords=project+case

This is the new case that I want to try out that is slightly taller and features a different lock:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00008XPQF/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The new cases will arrive tomorrow so I will compare them and report back.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I hope you guys bleach those things or use Anti-static spray to null it. HNG64 should be fine though, not as sensitive as SH3 and CPS3 crap.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Ok, the other cases finally arrived and I had the chance to try them out. The first case (depicted in the photos) use a double latch that works fine, but feels a little flimsy imho. The second cases are a tight fit, but I prefer the single latch mechanism that they have. Either way, both are a decent water resistant alternative to the cardboard box.