Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: NEOSD AES Support thread !

KING of BLING
    [place bling here]

Quote Originally Posted by neodev View Post
    Is the cart properly seated? having a screen with just text looks like some pin is not making proper contact in the cart connector. If that happens, you can try moving the cart a bit and see if the graphics appear.
    I'll give it a go and see - thx

edit: nope, cleaned cart and slot has been cleaned recently - slightly wiggled cart during intro to no avail.

More weirdness: Breakers revenge resets the system in the middle of intro. If i attempt to skip to game, garbled pixels and no players sprites.

Edit: making sure all modes are set to AES and "BIOS" seems to be helping the Kizuna issue. Breakers still has no player sprites though...so confused

All games I played the hell out of just fine before updating FW

So, question: Is there any reason changing the region should cause this much problems? I've set region, etc. all to BIOS and now things seem to work as normal. But I distintly remember setting my Jpn system to US region just fine and playing a ton with no probs. Now if I deviate from anything other than "BIOS" in the settings I am getting all kinds of weirdness and errors. Still seeing some glitches but way less.
    Last edited by pixeljunkie; 09-28-2017 at 01:06 PM.

Timid Neo Newbie

I noticed on mine playing some Samurai Shodown Special that when the camera zooms out the character sprites get funky looking - like not every part is zooming out properly on them, vertically. I tried it with the unfixed AES rom and the MVS rom, tried a few different regions on the unibios, still happens. Any insight into the problem? Same issue is coming up on Samurai 3 when I tested it, but since I have that cart for real and it doesn't do it, gotta be a Neo SD issue somewhere.

AES serial is 211165, it's using unibios 2.3.
    Last edited by ubersaurus; 09-28-2017 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus View Post
    I noticed on mine playing some Samurai Shodown Special that when the camera zooms out the character sprites get funky looking - like not every part is zooming out properly on them, vertically. I tried it with the unfixed AES rom and the MVS rom, tried a few different regions on the unibios, still happens. Any insight into the problem? Same issue is coming up on Samurai 3 when I tested it, but since I have that cart for real and it doesn't do it, gotta be a Neo SD issue somewhere.

AES serial is 211165, it's using unibios 2.3.
    Do you have a video showing it the right and wrong ways? Maybe there is some unknown quirk in the sprite decoder that makes it generate wrong data in some cases. Does it happen in both players or only if they are facing a specific direction?
    NEOSD - The ONLY Neo Geo MVS & AES Flash Cart - TEAM Member

Quote Originally Posted by pixeljunkie View Post
    I'll give it a go and see - thx

edit: nope, cleaned cart and slot has been cleaned recently - slightly wiggled cart during intro to no avail.

More weirdness: Breakers revenge resets the system in the middle of intro. If i attempt to skip to game, garbled pixels and no players sprites.

Edit: making sure all modes are set to AES and "BIOS" seems to be helping the Kizuna issue. Breakers still has no player sprites though...so confused

All games I played the hell out of just fine before updating FW

So, question: Is there any reason changing the region should cause this much problems? I've set region, etc. all to BIOS and now things seem to work as normal. But I distintly remember setting my Jpn system to US region just fine and playing a ton with no probs. Now if I deviate from anything other than "BIOS" in the settings I am getting all kinds of weirdness and errors. Still seeing some glitches but way less.
    Try disabling the backup ram feature in the options menu, also try setting to cartridge mode and taking the SD out to disable all neosd features and run as a plain original cart.

Timid Neo Newbie

Do you have a video showing it the right and wrong ways? Maybe there is some unknown quirk in the sprite decoder that makes it generate wrong data in some cases. Does it happen in both players or only if they are facing a specific direction?
    I'll grab some direct capture after work today. It seemed to be happening to both characters as the camera zooms out, regardless of which way they were facing. Now that I'm thinking about it, none of the other games I played on there (Mr. Do, MOTW, KOF 2001) had the camera zooming in and out and they all looked fine - wonder if it's connected to that.

I'll grab some direct capture after work today. It seemed to be happening to both characters as the camera zooms out, regardless of which way they were facing. Now that I'm thinking about it, none of the other games I played on there (Mr. Do, MOTW, KOF 2001) had the camera zooming in and out and they all looked fine - wonder if it's connected to that.
    I recall having read that some MVS/AES converters have zooming issues, so we had some people that have used them an noticed the issues test the cart till there were no issues, but maybe there is any still left. There were some unknown behaviour in the sprite decoder, like what happens if the control signals change in the middle of a block, of if the data is not reloaded after shifting out all the data.

I recall having read that some MVS/AES converters have zooming issues, so we had some people that have used them an noticed the issues test the cart till there were no issues, but maybe there is any still left. There were some unknown behaviour in the sprite decoder, like what happens if the control signals change in the middle of a block, of if the data is not reloaded after shifting out all the data.
    Hi, I think I have this issue with Super Sidekicks 2,3,4 and Neo Geo Cup '98 only. The players has vertical lines and the rest of the game screen is fine. I tested Ultimate 11 with a Phantom 1 and the players are ok. I linked a SS3 screen in the Neosd support page two days ago and described this problem.
    Its a really great product.
    Thanks!

Timid Neo Newbie

Here's the video for Samurai Shodown III: https://youtu.be/dKroDrYjCVo
    And Samurai Shodown Special, which seems more prominent: https://youtu.be/tn1kg0kIzoA

It's not like the original is super pretty or anything zoomed out, but it looks noticeably worse on the SD cart version. I really noticed on the Samurai Special one just because I was playing the PS4 release of it a week ago.

And here is the pic of the SS3:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8T...ew?usp=sharing
    When the players moves it worse.
    Im using a Unibios 3.3 and the AES serial is 211073, board 3-5.

It also happen in Samurai Shodown Special at the beggining of the battle when the zooming take place.
    Last edited by pinkstone; 09-30-2017 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkstone View Post
    And here is the pic of the SS3:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8T...ew?usp=sharing
    When the players moves it worse.
    Im using a Unibios 3.3 and the AES serial is 211073, board 3-5.

It also happen in Samurai Shodown Special at the beggining of the battle when the zooming take place.
    Ok, I see the pictures and video.

I've seen that while developing the neosd AES cart. I'll investigate and fix it. It might take a while as we need to test it with all other boards

Bashful Neophyte
    For the graphic glitches, it seems to be a power supply issue. What are the models used (original or third party)?

Timid Neo Newbie

Ok, I see the pictures and video.

I've seen that while developing the neosd AES cart. I'll investigate and fix it. It might take a while as we need to test it with all other boards
    Thanks, I appreciate it! Great cart, I'm really happy with it.

As for my power supply, I'm using the original one that came with the system.

I have an original power supply.

Timid Neo Newbie

By the way, I've been trying to register my NeoSD unit on the website but it isn't accepting my serial number. Got it from SAG at the end of September.

Bashful Neophyte

By the way, I've been trying to register my NeoSD unit on the website but it isn't accepting my serial number. Got it from SAG at the end of September.
    Have you tried emailing the NeoSD team at contact at neosdstore.com? (The address is listed on their FAQ page.) I had the same problem, and they sorted me out within a few hours. While I bought my cart from them directly, I shouldn't think buying from SAG should be a problem since you have a valid serial number.

KING of BLING
    [place bling here]

Has anyone compiled the music list files for the jukebox?

Nevermind:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...=1#post4193390
    Last edited by pixeljunkie; 10-10-2017 at 01:42 PM.

Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by pixeljunkie View Post
    Has anyone compiled the music list files for the jukebox?

Nevermind:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...=1#post4193390
    it's also compiled properly in post 44... just sayin'...

xROTx

I dont know if it was already asked,
    For the developer, I want to know if we can still create a profile on neosdstore.com to download software/firmware updates when purchasing our NeoSD from Stoneage gamer....
    Thanks

full disclosure: I am a noob, I am extremely dumb. I am also lazy to read through 34 pages of this thread, though i have read through probably half of that.
    picked up one of these things a little while back. works pretty dang awesome, but i still feel like i'm missing a bit. after a google search, found some "thingies" for it from that bird site. 188 of those thingies were converted to a .neo format, but some of those are bootlegs (like 3 versions of that crouching tiger game). i know people have mentioned 259 thingies, but does that include bootlegs? wondering just how many thingies i am missing out on. can't seem to access the chat room here. downloaded some flashchat thing, but didn't seem to make any difference.

on a side note, the neo builder tool seemed to have a fixed window size. for me it cropped a fair amount of the window off. i was however able to tab through the buttons and hit enter to work around that problem.

Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by madLEGOman View Post
    full disclosure: I am a noob, I am extremely dumb. I am also lazy to read through 34 pages of this thread, though i have read through probably half of that.
    picked up one of these things a little while back. works pretty dang awesome, but i still feel like i'm missing a bit. after a google search, found some "thingies" for it from that bird site. 188 of those thingies were converted to a .neo format, but some of those are bootlegs (like 3 versions of that crouching tiger game). i know people have mentioned 259 thingies, but does that include bootlegs? wondering just how many thingies i am missing out on. can't seem to access the chat room here. downloaded some flashchat thing, but didn't seem to make any difference.

on a side note, the neo builder tool seemed to have a fixed window size. for me it cropped a fair amount of the window off. i was however able to tab through the buttons and hit enter to work around that problem.
    Post 44...

That is ALL you need to know n00b...

This unworthy noob appreciates it, thanks

Thread Information