NEOSD AES Support thread !

sTo0z

n00b
Hello,

http://www.neosdstore.com/news/index.php/2017/02/20/we-are-shipping-neosd-aes-and-mvs-with-shells/

We can´t give a shipping date to anyone.

Do we have units in stock for everyone ? YES we do.
Why can´t we give estimated shipping so ? Cause somedays we process more orders in a day and other days less.
We got the order list and we are shipping by purchase order. We want to get everything shipped as soon as possible, but it takes time.

So, please, be patient

Understood, appreciate the confirmation.

TotalMoop

New Challenger
Well I've FINALLY managed to get a few hours use out of my AES NeoSD. It works so good... You guys :buttrock:

Now I am not sure if this is an issue with the NeoSD or UniBios so I'll ask here as I know Raz will likely see it too.

First.. My set up:-
JP AES with UniBios 3.3
Set as USA / Arcade

When I flash KOF 2003 (MVS Version) I am unable to access UniBios at boot/reset.
I can access the ingame menu but I cannot access the Bios to change Soft Dip etc.
Is there a reason for this? Is it a problem or just how it is?

I've had no issues so far on anything I've tried.. I can access both no problems.

Thanks

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Well I've FINALLY managed to get a few hours use out of my AES NeoSD. It works so good... You guys :buttrock:

Now I am not sure if this is an issue with the NeoSD or UniBios so I'll ask here as I know Raz will likely see it too.

First.. My set up:-
JP AES with UniBios 3.3
Set as USA / Arcade

When I flash KOF 2003 (MVS Version) I am unable to access UniBios at boot/reset.
I can access the ingame menu but I cannot access the Bios to change Soft Dip etc.
Is there a reason for this? Is it a problem or just how it is?

I've had no issues so far on anything I've tried.. I can access both no problems.

Thanks

I have no idea, But I guess you are accessing it but because the MVS version of kof2003 does not have the needed font the AES requires, the screen is probably blank. you should use the AES version of kof2003 on the AES period.

TotalMoop

New Challenger
I have no idea, But I guess you are accessing it but because the MVS version of kof2003 does not have the needed font the AES requires, the screen is probably blank. you should use the AES version of kof2003 on the AES period.

Good point Raz. I will give that a go next time I try and see if that sorts it out.

I totally forgot about the font thing so it does make sense.

Cheers Raz

neosd

Neosd Developer
Terabyte,

You got a firmware update for your crc issues (by email), please let us know the results.

To the others with open issues : we are working on everyones issues, please, be patient.

Thanks

Last edited:

loganm187

n00b
Just curious whenever the new firmware upgrade is released (to add blood to US systems etc.) What thread will that announcement be made in? I don't get to check the forums that much due to my job and would like to know where to look. I know you guys are working your asses off. Keep up the good work!

neosd

Neosd Developer
Just curious whenever the new firmware upgrade is released (to add blood to US systems etc.) What thread will that announcement be made in? I don't get to check the forums that much due to my job and would like to know where to look. I know you guys are working your asses off. Keep up the good work!

We will send an email to everyone as last time, but it will not be released until we have every single issue shorted. First issues, then new functions

Thanks

loganm187

n00b
We will send an email to everyone as last time, but it will not be released until we have every single issue shorted. First issues, then new functions

Thanks

I never received an email if there was a prior update...Do I need to update something on the site to receive these? You emailed me an update when I was having issues because of my low serial number AES which did fix it :)

neosd

Neosd Developer
I never received an email if there was a prior update...Do I need to update something on the site to receive these? You emailed me an update when I was having issues because of my low serial number AES which did fix it :)

After MVS release we had some issues, we fixed those (it took some time). Once those issues were fixed we prepared a new firmware update, we sent an email to all MVS customers telling about this new firmware.

There is no new update for the seccond MVS batch cause those carts already come with the last update from factory (same aplies for AES).

So we will do the same for AES, we will fix the pending issues some are having (i think its 4 customers as today, if i am not wrong), then we will keep working on the new update. Once its ready, we will send an email to everyone to tell there is a new firmware ready.

Thanks

Last edited:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Got my NeoSD AES the other day and everything has been working great.

I do have one question though, is Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon not working? I thought I had seen a post where Raz confirmed it worked, but I cant get any of the 3 versions in MAME to work for me. After it flashes the system just constantly resets until I turn it off and back on again to get into the menu.

I've tried the roms in .183 rom set, and the ones provided by Rot.

I'm on v1.05 of the firmware, and I used the v1.03 neobuilder.

Last edited:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Im cant remember if I confirmed this game working or not but one needs to remember I tested on MVS and not AES and in the case of bootlegs this could make a difference.

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
I do have one question though, is Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon not working? I thought I had seen a post where Raz confirmed it worked, but I cant get any of the 3 versions in MAME to work for me. After it flashes the system just constantly resets until I turn it off and back on again to get into the menu.

I've tried the roms in .183 rom set, and the ones provided by Rot.

I'm on v1.05 of the firmware, and I used the v1.03 neobuilder.

I confirm the three versions of CTHD work on MVS board under UniBIOS 3.2 both in AES & MVS mode. However, some users at Spanish EOL forum have reported similar problems to yours... Could it be that CTHD (a KOF 2001 hack released on arcades and maybe programmed with these on mind) doesn't work on AES with stock BIOS?

Last edited:

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
I confirm the three versions of CTHD work on MVS board under UniBIOS 3.2 both in AES & MVS mode. However, some users at Spanish EOL forum have reported similar problems to yours... Could it be that CHTD (a KOF 2001 hack released on arcades and maybe programmed with these on mind) doesn't work on AES with stock BIOS?

Just tested , i can confirm CTHD doesn't work on AES , even with unibios installed (3.3 in my case ).

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
CTHD doesn't work properly on AES because it utilizes the MVS BACKUP RAM block that the AES doesn't have ($D00000 - $D0FFFF).

Maybe this is something NeoSD can address in the future?

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
CTHD doesn't work properly on AES because it utilizes the MVS BACKUP RAM block that the AES doesn't have ($D00000 - $D0FFFF).

Maybe this is something NeoSD can address in the future?

I'll ask them later Jeff...

Not a major concern but i know sometimes neodev likes to do this sorta stuff when he's bored...

xROTx

Happosai

n00b
hello,
I bought an aes card the 02/27, the payment has been validated the 02/28 and I'm still waiting for the shipping. I tried to let a message in the support section of the website but no answer.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
hello,
I bought an aes card the 02/27, the payment has been validated the 02/28 and I'm still waiting for the shipping. I tried to let a message in the support section of the website but no answer.

TECH support :very_ang:

neosd

Neosd Developer
hello,

Hello,

Still not shipped, we are still not up to date with shipments.
It will be shipped before next week ends for sure.

Thanks

Happosai

n00b
ok, thank you :tickled:

edit : just received today 03/19 Few roms can't convert with neobuild GUI, I've to search deeper. However, tested kof2003, it works well :) good job :)

Last edited:

Terabyte

n00b
Terabyte,

You got a firmware update for your crc issues (by email), please let us know the results.

To the others with open issues : we are working on everyones issues, please, be patient.

Thanks

Heya,

I replied about a few days ago just mentioning that the firmware update didn't fix the CRC errors. Not sure if you got my e-mail, never got a reply back after a bit. I also replied back with the request for the onscreen firmware image/pic that was requested.

Thanks.

neodev

Neosd Tech
Heya,

I replied about a few days ago just mentioning that the firmware update didn't fix the CRC errors. Not sure if you got my e-mail, never got a reply back after a bit. I also replied back with the request for the onscreen firmware image/pic that was requested.

Thanks.

Sorry for not answering the email. We keep investigating the issue, it's quite strange. Can you properly play the games without resets or unibios exception screen?

ckchan

Shlong King,
20 Year Member
Just received it and did a quick test yesterday.

1) Durin erasing and flashing, I heard the noise as mentioned by other members in the earlier posts.
2) When I played Fatal Fury 1, there is random reset issue. (1st stage, 4th stage, bouns game, etc)

I am using the 1st revision of AES with daughter board and a 3rd party 5V - 3A adapter.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Just received it and did a quick test yesterday.

1) Durin erasing and flashing, I heard the noise as mentioned by other members in the earlier posts.
2) When I played Fatal Fury 1, there is random reset issue. (1st stage, 4th stage, bouns game, etc)

I am using the 1st revision of AES with daughter board and a 3rd party 5V - 3A adapter.

Hello,

This may sound stupid, but it happened to me, it took me some time to realize why i was getting resets with a non official psu.

I was using one of those that have multiple connectors of different sizes, i just choosen one of those connectors and the aes was having random resets, some time later i got the original psu that came with another AES and realized the connector had no looseness once attached on the AES, as the one i was using.

Check that the PSU you are using has the right diameter on the connector. There is an easy test, just move the connector and see if you get resets while moving it.

I am talking about interior diameter and exterior diameter aswel.

k3rM8.jpg

Thanks

ckchan

Shlong King,
20 Year Member
Hello,

This may sound stupid, but it happened to me, it took me some time to realize why i was getting resets with a non official psu.

I was using one of those that have multiple connectors of different sizes, i just choosen one of those connectors and the aes was having random resets, some time later i got the original psu that came with another AES and realized the connector had no looseness once attached on the AES, as the one i was using.

Check that the PSU you are using has the right diameter on the connector. There is an easy test, just move the connector and see if you get resets while moving it.

I am talking about interior diameter and exterior diameter aswel.

View attachment 43449

Thanks

HI,

Thanks for your reply. I will check tonight.

However, I also played Double Dragon for 15 mins and it seems to me that there is no reset issue for Double Dragon.

ckchan

Shlong King,
20 Year Member
HI,

Thanks for your reply. I will check tonight.

However, I also played Double Dragon for 15 mins and it seems to me that there is no reset issue for Double Dragon.

Just checked the diameter of the connector, the interior diameter is 2mm and the exterior diameter is 5mm.