NEOSD AES Support thread !

mjs0686

n00b
The backram is a different part from the memory card. It's used by mvs games to store highscoes so they are kept when powering the board off. The memory card is used by games to save progress and allow continuing from there in the next gameplay.

OK so we just need an actual memory card in the system then?

Simple enough, thanks.

atman

n00b
Noticed that the AES version is out of stock!
I ordered today.. I hope I ordered the last one?

atman

n00b
Doesnt contact at neosdstore.com email work?

Contacted in august and a few days ago and never got a respond..

Snodrik

n00b
I have also ordered a Neosd AES some days ago. Could someone at Neosdstore confirm if these will ship anytime soon or if it was allready out of stock when we ordered? :) Is there a way to get in touch with the store besides the contact (at) neosdstore-email?

neosd

Neosd Developer
I have also ordered a Neosd AES some days ago. Could someone at Neosdstore confirm if these will ship anytime soon or if it was allready out of stock when we ordered? :) Is there a way to get in touch with the store besides the contact (at) neosdstore-email?

I asume you got your deliver email cause we have sent all pending neosd orders last friday ...

Doesnt contact at neosdstore.com email work?

Contacted in august and a few days ago and never got a respond..

it does,

can we help you here ?

Snodrik

n00b
Hi! Thanks for the reply, yes i got the deliver email on Friday :) I was kind of cheap when choosing shipping method and selected Correos. Is there no tracking number for the Correos shipping?

atman

n00b
Hi! Thanks for the reply, yes i got the deliver email on Friday :) I was kind of cheap when choosing shipping method and selected Correos. Is there no tracking number for the Correos shipping?

There is a provided link in a mail you got?
I choosed that shipping aswell, and I got a tracking#.

Snodrik

n00b
Thanks for the reply atman! The mail says that the order is shipped, and includes my order reference code and links to my "order history" and "my account". But when I log in to check my order there is only a empty field where the tracking number should be (next to the Carrier/weight/shipping cost info). I´ll try to send a mail to Neosdstore and ask for the tracking number :)

RushedDown

n00b
I was playing Garou tonight and when i went to switch to Kof98 the system got stuck on the flashing screen and went about 20%. I left the system on for around 2 hours hoping it would still flash but it did not. I restarted the neo geo and now nothing will flash past 20% i have tried multiple sd cards and still nothing. I have also tried the reset.cfg and that did not help. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have only had the cart since mid January. Firmware is 1.06 r10.

I sent an email to contact@neosdstore with my serial number describing the problem as well as using the support area of the neosd website.

Last edited:

atman

n00b
A question.
While paused in Metal Slug X, the character sprite get some snow artifacts, just a few and I can never see it while playing.

Is MSX this way, console related or a known thing?

Super minor, but still..

phoenixdownita

Cheng's Errand Boy
Is the new NeoSD firmware coming out anytime soon?
Aside a few glitch fixes any feature worth mentioning? .... say a little boost in flash time maybe? .. or cheat codes (like NeoSD Pro)? ....

neofreak696

King's Dry Cleaner
So I received my NeoSD a few days ago. I can confirm what others have said about the flickering pixels from time to time. It seems random with boot ups but definitely more frequent with certain games. Also after I installed my UniBios the option to change the bios has been greyed out. Now I read the previous post about this where you state its less accurate so its been greyed out to offer the best experience. But could you just maybe set it to default to the uni-bios with the option to change it if we desire to do so. I like just setting it once and not having to worry about it. Since the uni-bios cant save settings you have to change everything every time you play. I only have the Uni-Bios installed for NG-Dev Team games.

Thanks

dnava84

n00b
I am having a problem with the neosd not starting up. All i get is a black screen. All my other carts work just fine, just not the neosd. I sent the first one i received back to stone age gamer thinking it was damaged through shipping but they told me it was fine and sent me a new one. They think it maye be a power issue. I have the correct power supply, looks to be original that came with the system. Pro-pow-ul model no. Neo-0. My serial number is 17844. I would love to figure this out so i can get to playing. Hopefully someone here knows what the issue may be

Thor06

n00b
I am new to the forum
I am looking to you to find out if you have ever had a problem with your neosd?
because I have just received mine and it is already down: - /
when I insert the sd in the cartridge the NeoGeo displays a black screen ...
at the programming of the games I had artifacts on the screen since the first launch this is worse then total breakdown :-(
my Neo works perfectly with my original cartridges ;-))
it's an aes europe with an original bios.
sorry to start with a question on the forum but I am very worried ...
thank you allimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I am new to the forum
I am looking to you to find out if you have ever had a problem with your neosd?
because I have just received mine and it is already down: - /
when I insert the sd in the cartridge the NeoGeo displays a black screen ...
at the programming of the games I had artifacts on the screen since the first launch this is worse then total breakdown :-(
my Neo works perfectly with my original cartridges ;-))
it's an aes europe with an original bios.
sorry to start with a question on the forum but I am very worried ...
thank you allView attachment 50649View attachment 50649

Don't worry...

The Terraonion team are pretty good on Tech support...

My suggestion is post this thread on their official Terraonion support website:

https://forums.terraonion.com/

xROTx

Thor06

n00b
Hello Rot
Thank you for your response I already posted the problem on the official website
it's to know if someone had a similar problem with neosd
because I'm worried for the future ...
have a good day

Thor06

n00b
Hi
Yes of course many times ...
you can not imagine all the tests I did to make it work she wants to know anything: - /
impossible to enter the boot menu to write a game: always the wonderful black screen!
the worst thing in the story is that the last flash game works without problems apparently when I boot the console without the sd in the cartridge if I put in the sd -> black screen at startup ...
I'm waiting now what the team neosd will decide I hope they will give me another because the cartridge 465€ is hot anyway

The pictures :

https://ibb.co/hE9k4y
https://ibb.co/bRXGBd
https://ibb.co/j9G9Wd
https://ibb.co/e3wXjy

Jason X

n00b
Hi everyone, just got my Neo SD AES last week and it's been mostly great. There seem to be a few issues, though. For one, it seems like games will randomly reset at times. They also don't have any music during the attract screen or explanation of controls when set to anything other than "BIOS"->"BIOS". For example, I was hoping to play most games with "MVS" and "English" settings. Finally, Kizuna Encounter doesn't seem to work at all. It has to be set to BIOS->BIOS to even get to the controls section, whereupon it crashes entirely.

Am I forgetting some crucial step? Is there a Neo Geo BIOS that needs to be added to the SD card or something? Any suggestions would be a huge, huge help. I've wanted a Neo Geo since I was like 10 years old, and while it's nice to have the system and this cart, it would be an absolute dream come true if these issues could be resolved. Thanks!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Hi
Yes of course many times ...
you can not imagine all the tests I did to make it work she wants to know anything: - /
impossible to enter the boot menu to write a game: always the wonderful black screen!
the worst thing in the story is that the last flash game works without problems apparently when I boot the console without the sd in the cartridge if I put in the sd -> black screen at startup ...
I'm waiting now what the team neosd will decide I hope they will give me another because the cartridge 465€ is hot anyway

The pictures :

https://ibb.co/hE9k4y
https://ibb.co/bRXGBd
https://ibb.co/j9G9Wd
https://ibb.co/e3wXjy

Did you try reformatting your SD card? Also, did you try using a different SD card? What kind of SD card are you using?

Did it ever work fine or did this problem just start happening?