Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: NEOSD AES Support thread !

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

Quote Originally Posted by FBX View Post
    I mentioned this before in this thread, but a friend of mine with more experience on various Neo Geo hardware says this is a known issue and is the fault of the console itself, not the NeoSD. He said the fix is to power-cycle after booting the game if you see the pixel glitches, which of course you already know does fix the issue.
    I'm not sure about that. Maybe the AES showing the issue have problems but if its only happening with the neoSD and not other original games then I think what your friend told you is very unlikely. I have never seen such a thing myself.
    Last edited by Razoola; 11-04-2017 at 03:00 PM.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Neo Bubble Buster

Quote Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
    I'm not sure about that. Maybe the AES showing the issue have problems but if its only happening with the neoSD and not other original games when I think what your friend told you is very unlikely. I have never seen such a thing myself.
    Yeah I was thinking you might be right about that. I'll email him and ask him if he as more detailed info on this.

New Challenger

Yeah, I only have 1 original cart beside the NeoSD and I have never seen that happened with my original cart....

Quote Originally Posted by Ricard350 View Post
    Yeah, I only have 1 original cart beside the NeoSD and I have never seen that happened with my original cart....
    Please, send us an email to contact@neosdstore dot com with your serial number and also the versions that appear in the Version option.
    NEOSD - The ONLY Neo Geo MVS & AES Flash Cart - TEAM Member

Neo Bubble Buster

I heard back from my friend about the pixels issue and why he thought it was hardware console end issues: He had tested the NeoSD on three different AES consoles, and only one of them exhibited the random pixel flicker issue. Repeated tests showed it only happened on that one console and not ever the other two.

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

That would be expected given only a minority have the problem. It probably would be helpful if your friend checked the AES HW revision of the affected console as it might be something only affecting certain models.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Neo Bubble Buster

I'll ask him (hopefully he remembers). On my end, the issue was coming up in my AES3-3. I didn't really notice the issue any more after updating the NeoSD firmware to the latest, but I need to go back and double-check to make sure it is completely gone. I remember SVC Chaos was notoriously bad with this issue. The opening intro would be rife with flickering pixels.

Thread Information