Thread: StalkS's MVS Collection

Soccer Brawl

icon26.gif StalkS's MVS Collection

Hey everyone, I thought now that I have hit 50 or more carts I would start my collection page.

So here it goes

rcantor77's excellent Neo Rental flag
    20170301_173429 (Medium).jpg

Below are my MVS titles, I'm hoping to get them in some NeoMini boxes (or if I can afford it - Shockboxes) and on a shelf in the very near future (but not too far away from my cab).

MVS
    MVSGamesMarch17a.jpg

And also a few MVS kits that I've managed to get my hands on

MVS KITS
    KITSMarch17a.jpg

I just wanted to say a big thank you to those members out there that have sold to me (You know who you are) I know it is generally frowned upon for newbs with low post counts to clog up the sales threads but you guys (& a whole heap of eBay sellers.."cough!".."bandits!!"..."cough!" ) have really helped me get to this point and made an old man happy so cheers to you!

I'm planning to get some pics of my cab up soon and once I have a bigger place to move in to, all my stuff that is hidden away in storage will posted at some point.

Cheers

StalkS
    Last edited by StalkS; 04-06-2017 at 05:58 AM.
    Need your own USA parcel forwarding address - Bulk ship Worldwide - Customs fees included Try BundleBox Cannot recommend them enough!

Electrocoin Owners Club

Pupil of Bonus-Kun

Nice, collection. I'm in exact boat, but you've got much better titles than I have.

Camel Slug

Timid Neo Newbie

Loving the cab-top shock box storage. Bet they are kept toasty warm at all times

Soccer Brawl

Yeah I desperately need some shelving - but this is a rented place so I don't really want to start drilling holes in the wall. I'll hopefully be able to buy something later in the year - in fact I'm looking in your neck of the woods!
    Need your own USA parcel forwarding address - Bulk ship Worldwide - Customs fees included Try BundleBox Cannot recommend them enough!

Electrocoin Owners Club

Galford's Armourer

Nice selection of MVS titles there! And nice Electrocoin cab to play them all on (I used to have one similar, the 6 slot with the 6 marques at the top)

Soccer Brawl

Thanks - I would love to get my hands on the taller 6 mini marquee electrocoin cab but this one came up last year and well I just couldn't stop myself (apparently it used to be Mick Hucknall's from Simply Red - I know!!.. But I still love it regardless!) It is actually a 6 Slot as well but with only 5 marquee slots?! The major difference between this one (Electrocoin Single) and the six marquee version (Electrocoin Arcade) Apart from a 25" Monitor, is that the marquees are not illuminated. I have managed to track down an ELA circuit and harness from the States I just need the ELB boards to try a retrofitting project but even then I am not sure I'll be able to illuminate all 5 marquee positions. Anyway geek mode over. Cheers
    Last edited by StalkS; 03-09-2017 at 03:47 AM.

Electrocoin Owners Club

Galford's Armourer

I was going to bid on that one on eBay in fact, seemed to go for an okay price (more than I sold my old cab for though). I could have sworn my old cab only had a 20" screen in there though.

You can buy the EL panels here the cabinet in the picture was my old one. The guy who bought it worked with this company get a UK solution.

I've ordered some for my US Big Red, seem easy to install as long as your ELA Driver PCB is good.
    Last edited by K1ngArth3r; 03-09-2017 at 03:57 AM.

Soccer Brawl

You sold it to Richard (RetroRich on twitter)! It's your fault I bought this one then! Unbelievable...I saw one of his tweets of your old cab and it made me want get back into playing NeoGeo!...Brilliant - My missus has got some choice words for you by the way !!

Quote Originally Posted by K1ngArth3r View Post
    I was going to bid on that one on eBay in fact, seemed to go for an okay price (more than I sold my old cab for though). I could have sworn my old cab only had a 20" screen in there though.

You can buy the EL panels here the cabinet in the picture was my old one. The guy who bought it worked with this company get a UK solution.

I've ordered some for my US Big Red, seem easy to install as long as your ELA Driver PCB is good.
    I thought you need to have the ELB (green board) part to illuminate the replacement panels - If I don't that would be fantastic!?
    Last edited by StalkS; 03-09-2017 at 04:23 AM. Reason: typo

Electrocoin Owners Club

Galford's Armourer

Quote Originally Posted by StalkS View Post
    You sold it to Richard (RetroRich on twitter)! It's your fault I bought this one then! Unbelievable...I saw one of his tweets of your old cab and it made me want get back into playing NeoGeo!...Brilliant - My missus has got some choice words for you by the way !!
    Yeah, I sold him my spare US Big Red too

Soccer Brawl

Small World....Well if you ever get another spare Big Red......? I don't suppose you remember the model of the monitor in your old cab? I am trying to work out if I can squeeze a 25" into my cab. Cheers
    Last edited by StalkS; 03-09-2017 at 04:27 AM.

Electrocoin Owners Club

Mickey's Coach

That's a great selection of games, congrats

Galford's Armourer

Quote Originally Posted by StalkS View Post
    Small World....Well if you ever get another spare Big Red......? I don't suppose you remember the model of the monitor in your old cab? I am trying to work out if I can squeeze a 25" into my cab. Cheers
    I only have one left and that's staying in my arcade - The model that was shipped with all Electrocoins originally was the Hantarex MTC 9000.

The monitor cage for anything other than a 20" would probably be too big.

Soccer Brawl

Quote Originally Posted by K1ngArth3r View Post
    I only have one left and that's staying in my arcade - The model that was shipped with all Electrocoins originally was the Hantarex MTC 9000.

The monitor cage for anything other than a 20" would probably be too big.
    Yes that's what I've got but I can't seem to find reference to Hantarex making a MTC9000 larger than 20"? - Anyway not that really matters at the moment - I'd be interested in knowing how your EL panel replacement goes when it gets done! Cheers

Electrocoin Owners Club

Galford's Armourer

The 25" model is MTC 9110

Soccer Brawl

FedEX just turned up!!

Just got my latest dropshipment from the US!

USbundleApril.jpg

• Finally got hold of some ELA panels (and a huge chunk of wood!! No wonder the shipping was more expensive this month) for my cab - It's not quite the six I would have liked but close enough (really hope that they work!)
    • Big Red JNX Jamma Adapter!!
    • And Aerofighters 3, Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, Last Blade & Last Blade 2! Thanks to pixeljunkie!

I also updated the first post with a few more MVS titles that have turned up recently - This "Hobby" is getting costly!!

Electrocoin Owners Club

Athena's Bodyguard

You're off to a great start. Very nice selection of games. Keep up the good work!

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Those UK Neo cabs are so goofy looking to me, I love 'em. Hard lines everywhere. Nice collection man.

Thread Information