Why is Milo famous?

striderpunk

Member # 6311,
This thread, is hardcore. Jeez... I feel like Milo is famous because he is the chic, millennial Bill O'Reilly. He's capitalizing on the fact/spin bubble effect brought on by the clear channel decision and by extension the rise of cable news and the subsequent gutting of broadcast news. He helped fuel the rise of Breitbart by winning over the ragey gamer set with commentary on Anita Sarkeeisan and Zoe Quinn. Idk, I feel like he capitalized on the perfect storm of anti-pc rage that was really non partisan that was brought on by Tropes Against Women in Video Games and then Gamergate(which was covered horribly by almost every media outlet and ended up fueling the trolls). And was able to steer a lot of younger people towards the alt-right.

Even if he's not a "conservative" he certainly was a valuable asset for the Republicans during the election. Afterward..... Yeah we see how that went. First opportunity and he was dropped like a rock by anything associated with the mainstream Republican party. But I think his hardcore followers will remain, but he's seemingly back to being just a blogger with a bowie inspired dye job again.

striderpunk

Member # 6311,
I don't know anymore I still feel like debating someone is the best way to deconstruct their views and by extension their credibility. But in a post fact world, the spin machine will make a mountain of shit into a gold mine faster than you can say erectile dysfunction advertisement.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Marek

Banned
@ lithy - concerning your shitpost about my shitpost, I have this to say. In no way do I feel that religious people are inherently weak and stupid, like ki. My father's family were church of christ. You're from the south so you might know their peculiar belief system.

My thing is this. If you're going to defend trump in the war room and talk about, among other things, homosexuality being a "sin" then you deserve to be torn apart because you are a pathetic excuse for a so called christian.

"I really don't judge people cuz jesus tells me that's wrong, but homosexuality is a sin because some stupid book told me what to think."

Gtfo

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
@ lithy - concerning your shitpost about my shitpost, I have this to say. In no way do I feel that religious people are inherently weak and stupid, like ki. My father's family were church of christ. You're from the south so you might know their peculiar belief system.

My thing is this. If you're going to defend trump in the war room and talk about, among other things, homosexuality being a "sin" then you deserve to be torn apart because you are a pathetic excuse for a so called christian.

"I really don't judge people cuz jesus tells me that's wrong, but homosexuality is a sin because some stupid book told me what to think."

Gtfo

You either believe in the bible, or you don't.

If you do, it clearly says that homosexuality is a sin...no judgement needed on the part of the believer.

If he came out and made some horrible blanket statements like "All gays can burn in hell" or "all gays deserve to die"...sure, that's judgement. Saying that it is a sin is just quoting the bible.

You and I share the same disdain for religion...but I think he's been pretty fair during this discuss-er-shit fest of a conversation.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
That passage was about a man skirting his social obligation to marry and give children to his brothers widow as was customary back in those times. He fucked her and pulled out and nutted on the floor. Totally taken out of context. That was a pretty uninformed dig at me.

I have a question: I'm choosing not to marry and have children - I don't want to be with anyone else but my gf, and I don't really care for children. Does the Christian ("Christian" as a general term for faith) religion say I'm going to hell?

I was raised Catholic, but something like this was never talked about. You were SUPPOSED to marry and procreate. Obviously, I never bought into it.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I have a question: I'm choosing not to marry and have children - I don't want to be with anyone else but my gf, and I don't really care for children. Does the Christian ("Christian" as a general term for faith) religion say I'm going to hell?

I was raised Catholic, but something like this was never talked about. You were SUPPOSED to marry and procreate. Obviously, I never bought into it.

Don't know much about these things, but presumably if you're fucking her out of wedlock it's burny time.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It's great you're having a good time, but what happens after you die? You can't be 100% sure that you'll just cease to exist. I believe that we exist for a reason and that this life has purpose beyond. Do you really think you came into existence to ski, get high, party and fuck? That's pathetic shit, man.

God never said anyone can't have fun, that's a huge misconception. Jesus did turn water into wine, after all. But he wants us to be responsible at the same time. "Be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit."

It might sound counter-intuitive, but following God's standard (rules, as you call them) leads to freedom... freedom from the trouble that comes from irresponsible behavior.

When you say irresponsible behavior, do you mean voting for a racist pedophile, knowing that he will cause the suffering of innumerable people? Because when you boil it all down, your white supremacist feelings that help you sleep well at night (oh thank god you're white) led you to vote for Trump. You didn't want to know that people of color aren't happy. You didn't want to know that women aren't happy with their 2nd class status. All you want to know is how happy you are. How much does that cost you? You probably only know what you spent. But what it costs you'll never know until your getting raped by your father in hell for all eternity. Enjoy that, because I don't see you going anywhere else. You voted for your damnation. God would never accept someone who took pleasure in the suffering of so many of his creations. And your attitude sucks. You have no ticket to heaven. Prepare your anus. Satan is coming.

striderpunk

Member # 6311,
I mean, voting for a guy with no qualifications just because he's rich is some pretty irresponsible shit. Then he appoints the biological sister of the founder of Blackwater... Who is secretly advising the White House.

Nominates the CEO of Exxon Mobil to be Secretary of State, who has a vested interest in getting sanctions lifted on Russia and getting opening up exploration on those fields Exxon has rights to in Russia.

I mean, look at how hard Benghazi was investigated, a member of Seal Team Six was killed in the first thirty days on some cowboy diplomacy raid that ended horribly. Because this adminstration was, and still is trying to run before it can walk.

You see this again with him literally starting his 2020 campaign within the first thirty days of his first term. It is pretty hard to defend that when you look at it objectively. A lot of the sinister players of the Bush years leapt at his incompetence and weaseled their way into the White House as advisers. The Legion of Doom is pretty damn strong right now.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
When you say irresponsible behavior, do you mean voting for a racist pedophile, knowing that he will cause the suffering of innumerable people? Because when you boil it all down, your white supremacist feelings that help you sleep well at night (oh thank god you're white) led you to vote for Trump. You didn't want to know that people of color aren't happy. You didn't want to know that women aren't happy with their 2nd class status. All you want to know is how happy you are. How much does that cost you? You probably only know what you spent. But what it costs you'll never know until your getting raped by your father in hell for all eternity. Enjoy that, because I don't see you going anywhere else. You voted for your damnation. God would never accept someone who took pleasure in the suffering of so many of his creations. And your attitude sucks. You have no ticket to heaven. Prepare your anus. Satan is coming.
PREACH!

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your lord and savior? If not...then yes, welcome to hell. The type of sin doesn't really matter, according to the bible there's only on way into heaven.

I have to ask, do you get pressure from the family to have kids? God, my family just crammed that shit down my throat years ago. My wife and I finally decided to have one, but it was after years of never ending family pressure to have one.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your lord and savior? If not...then yes, welcome to hell. The type of sin doesn't really matter, according to the bible there's only on way into heaven.

I have to ask, do you get pressure from the family to have kids? God, my family just crammed that shit down my throat years ago. My wife and I finally decided to have one, but it was after years of never ending family pressure to have one.

They weren't incessant about it, but would drop a lot of hints every now and then, but my brother had kids so it didnt really bother them too much. My mother silently understands why I don't want to get married - I was really young, but old enough to comprehend what was going on when my parents got divorced. When she re-married, they didn't have any more children, and I think thats why my stepfather and I are so close. My miserable bastard of a father had two more kids after he remarried, and his second marriage ended in the same pile of shambles as his first.

She stopped barking up the kid tree once I was into my 30's.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I'm more alarmed by transfats, than transsexuals.

Live and let live, as long as you aren't hurting yourself or others.

Of course there is more than one, or none religions...just like there is more than one style of foods or musics, or arts...I mean, ffs.

Elements of universal truth manifest themselves in a countless myriad of things. This is so basic. Why is acceptance so advanced?

Trying to *force* a singularity across billions of humans is clown shoes. There are enough paths available, and enough room for us all to travel to a peaceful destination; if only we would focus on what works for ourselves, in lieu of directing others.

Tl;dr-this life is like a buffet Resturant. Sample what you like, try some new things, leave what is gross alone...and don't set fire to the joint, if everyone else's plate doesn't look just like yours.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
They weren't incessant about it, but would drop a lot of hints every now and then, but my brother had kids so it didnt really bother them too much. My mother silently understands why I don't want to get married - I was really young, but old enough to comprehend what was going on when my parents got divorced. When she re-married, they didn't have any more children, and I think thats why my stepfather and I are so close. My miserable bastard of a father had two more kids after he remarried, and his second marriage ended in the same pile of shambles as his first.

She stopped barking up the kid tree once I was into my 30's.

I was discussing marriage with my wife last night. Really...save insurance or a few other legal things, there's zero reason for it anymore. A good friend got divorced a few years back. his deadbeat wife not only was openly cheating on him, she never held down a job in the 15 or so years they were married. She cleaned his ass out in the divorce. He got to choose between letting her do it, or bringing lawyers into the mess and letting them clean them both out.

God forbid anything ever happens to my wife, but if it does, I won't be getting remarried.

I'm more alarmed by transfats, than transsexuals.

Live and let live, as long as you aren't hurting yourself or others.

Of course there is more than one, or none religions...just like there is more than one style of foods or musics, or arts...I mean, ffs.

Elements of universal truth manifest themselves in a countless myriad of things. This is so basic. Why is acceptance so advanced?

Trying to *force* a singularity across billions of humans is clown shoes. There are enough paths available, and enough room for us all to travel to a peaceful destination; if only we would focus on what works for ourselves, in lieu of directing others.

Tl;dr-this life is like a buffet Resturant. Sample what you like, try some new things, leave what is gross alone...and don't set fire to the joint, if everyone else's plate doesn't look just like yours.

maybe I'm skewed, or ignorant, but it seems the internet has made things seem worse than they are. It seems that for the most part, nearly all people are willing to just let people live their lives.

Look at America, just under 320 million people are here. Look at this:

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/latest-crime-statistics-released

So there were 1.19 million violent crimes in 2015. 320m -vs- 1.19. I know that sounds high, but in reality that's only 1/3 of 1% of the population. So .3% of the population committed violent crimes. It seems to me that when 99.7% of the population is willing to live peacefully...one can say most people are willing to let others alone.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member

Catholic dogma is murkier on this. Just mentioning it, since FilthyRear was raised in the one true church.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
So there were 1.19 million violent crimes in 2015. 320m -vs- 1.19. I know that sounds high, but in reality that's only 1/3 of 1% of the population. So .3% of the population committed violent crimes. It seems to me that when 99.7% of the population is willing to live peacefully...one can say most people are willing to let others alone.

The statistics over time are even more striking. Crime is at a 40-year low right now. It's half what it was in the 80s and 90s. It's a bit ridiculous that politicians still get mileage out of being "tough on crime".

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Catholic dogma is murkier on this. Just mentioning it, since FilthyRear was raised in the one true church.

I will openly say that I do know very little about the Catholic faith. I was raised in a holy-rolling non denominational church(s) and know the bible quite well (or, at least I used to). My wife is an ex-Jehovah's Witness, I was able to learn a ton about their faith as well.

The statistics over time are even more striking. Crime is at a 40-year low right now. It's half what it was in the 80s and 90s. It's a bit ridiculous that politicians still get mileage out of being "tough on crime".

Exactly.

How many times have politicians called gun violence an "epidemic"?

There's 15,000 or so violent gun deaths in the US each year, around 30,000 if you factor in suicides.

Again...15-30,000:320,000,000 is a percentage so small, you can barely measure it. If 1.1 million is 0.3%...15,000 is, well, next to nothing.

Calling something an epidemic doesn't make it so. If they came out and said that "99.99x% of the public isn't involved in gun violence each year", it wouldn't sound so scary.

Marek

Banned

It's not ridiculous.

It's Atwaters southern strategy. Being "tough on crime" implicitly means black people and mexicans, with an asterisk for undesirable whites i.e. drug users.

This should surprise no one. Atwater has been quoted at least once in this thread already iirc.

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
You and I share the same disdain for religion...but I think he's been pretty fair during this discuss-er-shit fest of a conversation.

I disagree.

Openly judging my life and it's greater meaning, "yyou think god put you here to ski fuck and party? That's pathetic." And then refusing to explain what it is he does for this planet that's so much more important and useful than me? That's full on cowardice.

I am a bartender in one of the most beautiful locations in all the world. I am professionally nice to people and try to enhance their experience as they've spent a great deal of time and money to come to their happy place. Just so happens i choose to live here full time, someone has to.

Ki is afraid to share any details of his life because I'll "twist them around and use them against him" Gotta wonder what's so juicy that I could use it against him anyway.

He's just like every retard Christian I hated back in tennessee.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I disagree.

Openly judging my life and it's greater meaning, "yyou think god put you here to ski fuck and party? That's pathetic." And then refusing to explain what it is he does for this planet that's so much more important and useful than me? That's full on cowardice.

I am a bartender in one of the most beautiful locations in all the world. I am professionally nice to people and try to enhance their experience as they've spent a great deal of time and money to come to their happy place. Just so happens i choose to live here full time, someone has to.

Ki is afraid to share any details of his life because I'll "twist them around and use them against him" Gotta wonder what's so juicy that I could use it against him anyway.

He's just like every retard Christian I hated back in tennessee.

The conversation got shitty...and yes, I'm included in that mix. You chucked some insults, so did he. The gloves kind of came off.

I was more so addressing the specific issue of homosexuality.

When the gloves come off in a religious conversation, it always comes down to "I think you're a weak minded fool who believes in a 200 year old piece of fiction." "Oh yeah? I believe that a piece of scum heathen like you is going to hell, enjoy an eternity of suffering."