Castlevania animated series on the way (again)

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
This feels like it's been "on the way" since before 2015...

Okay, yeah. I thought I remembered this.

I'll check it out, certainly. I think of Warren Ellis as having a narrow, though deep, set of talents as a writer. They probably will mesh well with Castlevania. He's better than anyone has a right to expect for a project like this.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
So when does it start?
Will it be the Simon Belmont timeline?
Will there be hidden waifus in the castle?
Will NGCDFreak ever stick to one avatar pic?

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I remember seeing something about this on Facebook about the people from either Steven Universe or Adventure Time (I can't remember which one) working on it. I hope the animation isn't garbage like those shows though... Castlevania needed a proper series since the 80s.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I remember seeing something about this on Facebook about the people from either Steven Universe or Adventure Time (I can't remember which one) working on it. I hope the animation isn't garbage like those shows though... Castlevania needed a proper series since the 80s.

The fuck, animation isn't garbage on those shows.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I heard a description of the series used the phrase "satirical take". Comedy and Castlevania does not go together. See Captain N The Game Master for example.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
The fuck, animation isn't garbage on those shows.

Dude those shows look like they are made in flash. Castlevania has some great artwork and style and it deserves to be very well animated.

It didn't need one at all.

Mario Bros, Captain N, Mega Man, Sonic, even Double Dragon had a cartoon series. I guess its just the fanboy in me coming out; I always wanted it to have an animated series with its dark atmosphere and monsters. Even as a kid I thought the version of Simon on Captain N was terrible.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
+1 Vampire Hunter D was all the animated Castlevania love we needed growing up. Now if a serious metroid anime was on the table that'd be a different story...

Vampire Hunter D is what I think of as an animated Castlevania. That is the direction I am hoping they go.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
I heard a description of the series used the phrase "satirical take". Comedy and Castlevania does not go together. See Captain N The Game Master for example.

From Pat?

Satire isn't always comedy. Warren Ellis is not the writer you hire if you don't want satire.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Yeah, personally can't see this done without being serious. Most storylines are depressing and desperate if you actually care to know the storyline. The only one I could think wasn't was Simon's in the first game, maybe Richter since the rescuing all the maidens and the Maria crap was a little more lighthearted even though he was rescuing his fiance, and maybe Portrait of Ruin with the brother/sister combo.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I love Castlevania. One of my favorite franchises. They did a live action mini series a few years ago and I loved it!

This needs to be dark and gritty to survive.

I can get excited for this, but only to see how they do it. It seems like a wasted effort at this point, unless its adult themed. I could be wrong though.

And i hated how Belmont was in Captain N...

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
done by the same dude that did the live action MMPR with dawson in it, as well as the animated Judge Dreddd/Death miniseries? They were both EXCELLENT.

Adi Shankar is his name.

CrystalCore

Crazed MVS Addict

You could always watch the Vampire Hunter D and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust movies, since Vampire Hunter D is one of the main inspirations for the Castlevania series.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Totally looking forward to this.

Maybe it will make up for all the shit 3d Castlevania games. :keke:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Totally looking forward to this.

Maybe it will make up for all the shit 3d Castlevania games. :keke:

have you played lords of shadow, yodd?. probably one of my favourite games of that era. and i love curse of darkness.