Unsolved Mysteries

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
I recently re-discovered this series due to it being up for streaming now on Amazon Prime.

That intro music combined with Robert Stack's voice is still scary as shit. I won't be sleeping well tonight.

Most definitely the catalyst of every millennial's nightmares.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I used to love this show! Have looked into buying the DVD boxset.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Ya, I watched this a ton in the late 80s as a kid. Great show. So much shit could be debunked now though haha.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
Can we all agree though that the intro music is scary as shit? I haven't witnessed a more ominous score since.

Last edited:

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
I really should check a list of the scariest episodes and watch them. I did the same with the X-Files and it was a good time.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
this show spooked me when i was little. i love it.

"he threw her dead body in the back of his black corvette, and was never seen again"

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
All I remember was Stack's dubbed voice and the fact the theme song gave me some genuine nightmares as a child a couple of times. Can't, for the life of me, remember any of the actual mysteries or if they were even "resolved" eventually.

I remember good times were had, but my memory is a bit foggy. Mostly because the dubbed show was shown very late at night.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Ya, I watched this a ton in the late 80s as a kid. Great show. So much shit could be debunked now though haha.

I actually will watch it now and look up all shit that they got wrong and see what the eventual outcome of the mysteries were which makes it more interesting.

But yeah still an awesome show and def some great memories being creeped put when I was a kid.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
My favorite episode was the dvdxploitr one. They never did find him or Michael, just an empty house full of enema kits and vasolene.

Loefye

Lt. Laser,
My favorite episode was the dvdxploitr one. They never did find him or Michael, just an empty house full of enema kits and vasolene.

Wait what, is that a real episode? I just tried to Google it and didn't find anything on it. Or is this an inside joke? LOL

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Agreed. Scary and creepy as hell. Loved it as a kid.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Love it - so good w/o those long commercials, eps are flying by.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Never missed it in the day or the reruns for awhile. Bought it back after he did but it wasn't as meaningful and never stuck with it.

If you're into solid 80s tv that moves you to amusement or fear (depending on episode) look into Amazing Stories. Also that movie budget sized Young Indiana Jones Chronicles was fantastic too. So much TV in the 80s was beyond stunning and it's a sad sight at what much of is out there today.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Y'all got me watching this now

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Yes, the intro music is scary-as-fuck, as was Robert Stack's ominous voice. I started watching this show right when it began. I don't know what night of the week it was on, but I used to spend one or two evenings per week at my grandma's house, and I would watch it with her.

Not-so-interesting side story: One time (back in the day) I was riding the Amtrak train, and met someone who was an actress in one of the re-enactment segments of the show. Not so cool now, but I thought it was pretty cool when I was 12.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I used to watch it as a kid man it's theme really freaked me out then.Even worse if the story was related to a murder or a missing person case.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
unsolved mystery: bloodycelt is some weird estranged step-dad who molests some poor woman's kids/kills one of them or something, who were switched in the hospital after he stalked her for 15 years, turns out he's an ex-husband of her sister who she never talks to and lives in Florida. once the connection is made,detective hurry to qualify the lead. in a wild highway chase, police follow Kenney into a dilapidated brick building where they are faced with no other option but to shoot him all at once and turn him into swiss cheese. and no one knows where he went

yeah unsolved mystery whatever

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
This is what scared me more than anything as a kid. That and America's most wanted.
Killers were always on the loose.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
It was a very creepy show. We had a similar one in Australia called The Extraordinary. Unsolved Mysteries used to air after it.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
This is what scared me more than anything as a kid. That and America's most wanted.
Killers were always on the loose.
I would die happy having complete collections to watch of both these shows. I am still haunted by one of the cases of AMW, where a young boy was beaten to death and/or drowned. They dressed up his preserved body in the clothes he might have been wearing to try and get any viewer hints/tips to come in. Scared the shit cold out of me.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I would die happy having complete collections to watch of both these shows. I am still haunted by one of the cases of AMW, where a young boy was beaten to death and/or drowned. They dressed up his preserved body in the clothes he might have been wearing to try and get any viewer hints/tips to come in. Scared the shit cold out of me.

OH shit hahaahaha that show was rough, I watched that shit too at night. First thing my dad told me is "THAT GUY'S SON WAS KIDNAPPED AND KILLED AND THATSWHY HE DOES THIS"

*gulp*

Fun fact actually, when I was a very young teen I was able to follow the hunt for Dennis Rader, known as the serial killer BTK before he was caught. I spent hours researching him and it was because of AMW that I knew about it. They had their own userbase discussing the case(s) in detail, and I thought that was so cool. Less scary and more interesting. I felt a little piece of me shrivel up when he was caught.

Last edited:

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
This show scared me back in the day, but I still watched it. I used to like watching shows like this, "Sightings", and "In Search Of".

The thing is that the stuff I found most frightening was not the supernatural stuff, but the disappearances and murders. I remember this one segment in Unsolved Mysteries where some elderly people were randomly attacked in their home and I thought it was bizarre.