What game are you best at

PigInTheMud

Tarma's Gun Polisher
I play smash 4 competitively in my state. In comparison to people who just play casually I'm really good, but in comparison to top players I'm a pile of garbage.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I play smash 4 competitively in my state. In comparison to people who just play casually I'm really good, but in comparison to top players I'm a pile of garbage.

i've seen videos of pro players on sm brawl, and they were pulling off crazy sick combos which i didn't even know the game was capable of.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I've tried to play Smash Bros. I just can't get into it, maybe some day.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
I've tried to play Smash Bros. I just can't get into it, maybe some day.

yeah, it's not for every one. i personally didn't like the first game on the n64, and thought it felt like one of those mini games you get in mario party. but once they added sheik from the zelda games and ike from fire emblem, i gave it a try and really started to enjoy the series.

the later games kind of play a bit like tatsunoko vs capcom in that you could pull off great combos with only a couple of buttons. easy to learn but hard to master. but still not a game i would recommend to the snk or capcom crowd.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
TvC was awesome though, the smash bros series to me never truly felt like a traditional fighter, more like a Mario Bros spin off platforming craze something, I think it's great, watching in action is always fun, I have a few friends that are pretty decent, I just sit and watch and play casually, most of the time I dunno what I'm doing, floaty moving as hell, falling off, can hit worth a damn and then I stop being interested for another 5 months or so...

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
I'd probably have to go with Street Fighter 2010 because almost everybody hates it. Guess there's good reason, with how hard it is even for a NES game. Never have beaten the game without dying, but I used to be able to finish the first 3 planets without dying. Good enough for me, hah. Hmm, I'd probably also have to say Contra 1, Double Dragon 1, and Castlevania 1, with a bit of sharpening back up.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
SF2010 is one of the games of my childhood, of course I played the bejesus out of it. Beaten, 1cced, slapped around like a trailer park queen, lol.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
as in WWE 2k16? Are you in XBL or PS4, I'm down to get beaten, I need to learn more and play more online.

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
Micro Machines Mega Drive series, Sonic series, Prehistoric Isle 2, Ninja Baseball Bat man, Bucky o Hare, Advanced Wars series, Dark Souls series, Crysis series,Super mario (every one of them)

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
SF2010 is one of the games of my childhood, of course I played the bejesus out of it. Beaten, 1cced, slapped around like a trailer park queen, lol.

Hell yea. One of my favorites as a kid. Same though made that game my bitch.

Caprica Orange

Pao Pao cafe VIP,
20 Year Member
I played a lot of Elevator Action Returns. Apparently so much that when I hooked up the F3 board yesterday years after playing the saturn version I almost 1cc'd it without noticing. This game is a blast... ages like a good whiskey too....

Also, I'd like to pretend I'm good at 3rd strike and MK2

MissFaith

New Challenger
Some big calls on SFII and other popular games...

For my well known choice would be Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 on either PC or PS1
My less known choice would be Gladius on GC.
A random third choice would be Ninja 2 on C64.

Confident would be very capable of beating 99% of folk on those games.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah, there's a lot of delusional folks in here, calling SFII their top game, they should join the fun in fightcade and let their delusions of grandeur fade away, lolololol.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Some big calls on SFII and other popular games...

For my well known choice would be Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 on either PC or PS1
My less known choice would be Gladius on GC.
A random third choice would be Ninja 2 on C64.

Confident would be very capable of beating 99% of folk on those games.

This guy/gal(?) gets it.

Cernex

Fio's Quartermaster
Resident Evil 2 would be my first choice, seeing how I practically known the maps and enemies by memory at this point. I can finish it in a single seating without saving at all.
Mortal Kombat 1 & 2 would be my second choice, as a tie. I'm nowhere near tournament levels, but I can hold my own and actually get some small streaks here and there. Sub-Zero only, tho'.
Most Ace Combats would be my third choice. Again, can finish most of them in a single sitting out of the box. It helps that I'm always playing the PSP games when I need a quick time waster.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Mario Kart (DS version or later) would be my first choice, but I pretty much know Sonic 1 on the SMS perfectly, through years of playing it over and over as a kid.

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I think for me it would have to be Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on Sony Playstation, have loved that game forever, definitely in my top 3, have played it through more times than is healthy haha

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Back in my arcade going days I used to rule a couple of titles, one of them being Strato Fighter, which I could 1CC easily. I probably wouldn't get through the third stage now. But, a game I'm definitely still really, really good at is the arcade Hammerin' Harry. I've discovered some tricks and glitches in it, too. I can 1CC that shit any day. Two complete loops, no less.

Ip Man

15 Year Member
Back in my arcade going days I used to rule a couple of titles, one of them being Strato Fighter, which I could 1CC easily. I probably wouldn't get through the third stage now. But, a game I'm definitely still really, really good at is the arcade Hammerin' Harry. I've discovered some tricks and glitches in it, too. I can 1CC that shit any day. Two complete loops, no less.

don't think i've ever heard of strato fighter before. looked it up and it looks pretty good. i might give this a go.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
don't think i've ever heard of strato fighter before. looked it up and it looks pretty good. i might give this a go.

I love this game, all of its balance issues aside. The soundtrack is great, ship and weapon designs are awesome, a fun one for sure. The balance issues I mention have to do with dying in later stages. For example, in sections of stage 4, if I'm not mistaken, if you die and lose all of your power ups, you might just as well stop playing. Basic shot simply isn't enough to punch through the obstacles and enemies. I recommend it to anyone who likes shooters, for sure. Plus, when you think of Tecmo, especially nowadays, shooters aren't the first thing on your mind, so it's nice to discover they did explore the genre.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Outrun (all console versions and arcade regional revisions on stand up / cockpit cabs).

Ninja Gaiden

Contra

Double Dragon II

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Outrun (all console versions and arcade regional revisions on stand up / cockpit cabs).

Cool, one of my favorite games, though I'm bound to the Saturn version because of the smooth 60fps. Do you use the gear-shift bug and what's your fave route?

SSBM Melee....that game made me ignore any other great games that came out for the GC. (e.g: Double Dash)

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Cool, one of my favorite games, though I'm bound to the Saturn version because of the smooth 60fps. Do you use the gear-shift bug and what's your fave route?

For the route, it depends on which version I play. I do like the USA Rev. A route. It really depends on which way I feel like going.

For the past few years, I've pondered on picking up the smaller Turbo Outrun cockpit or the smaller stand up cabinet to run both Outrun and Turbo Outrun.

I wasn't aware of a gear shift bug, but I do have a way of shifting on cornering.