Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What game are you best at

Armored Scrum Object

NBA Hangtime (N64), Ninja Gajden (NES), Street Fighter Zero 3 (Saturn).

I can't say I'm the best there is at any of those games, but I'm definitely above average, and could beat most people unless they had also devoted lots and lots of time at any of them. I've spent dozens, and in some cases hundreds of hours playing these games.

Cham Cham's Banana

Any of the Halo games...

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGeoFanatic View Post
    Any of the Halo games...
    PM Rot to get your name changed to HaloFanatic then.

!!

Armored Scrum Object

Defiantly Soul Calibur with Mitsurugi

US Neo Geo AES system: serial #015732

Thinks NG.com Is Shit.
    Likes the Market Place Tho.
    Oh.. Fuckin' wait! xROTx

Robotron

Raiden's Valet

Probably Revenge of Shinobi or possibly Strider. Played them to death on the Megadrive when I was kid, and when I was older played Strider to death on a cab as well. So I'm at least adequate at both.
    Last edited by pulstar; 02-19-2017 at 03:19 PM.
    My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

Mr. Big's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
    you suck
    Sry lol

F I R E W A L L
    M Y A S S !

I used to be quite good at Snow Bros and Magical Drop 3... but it's been years since the last time I played those 2 games
    PMing Rot on a daily basis since December 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ResO View Post
    I always offer free shipping on my used panties. Many sellers are really getting greedy these days.

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

Breakers Revenge, Karnovs Revenge and Either Tekken Tag game
    ***CLICK HERE FOR FIGHTCADE TUTORIAL***

TWITTER: MountainDewFKR
    PSN: MountainDewFKR
    FIGHTCADE: MountaindewFKR

GAMER > COLLECTOR

Ninja Combat Warrior

Secret of monkey island. I know all the insults and comebacks.

Somebody needs to make an insult sword fighting game using voice chat and speech recognition that judges the value of your insults. Modern online gaming is halfway there already.

赤裸裸的汽車人

I dont know about currently, but in the past, I was "best" at Starcraft on USEast Ladder. I went 35-0 and then retired. Now I can't stand that type of game.

If I had to think about these days, I would say Monopoly on Sega Genesis.

dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.
    This forum requires that you wait 60 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

Yamazaki's Pupil

Quote Originally Posted by BLEAGH View Post
    Secret of monkey island. I know all the insults and comebacks.

Somebody needs to make an insult sword fighting game using voice chat and speech recognition that judges the value of your insults. Modern online gaming is halfway there already.
    I am rubber, you are glue.

Cheng's Errand Boy

Quote Originally Posted by stevenk View Post
    You're told to pick a game to play against a stranger, loser gets fisted or something, I dunno. Which game are you picking?

I'm going Super Mario kart, gp rather than battle mode.
    NBA Jam: Tournament Edition (SNES version), playing as the Golden State Warriors.

Rugal's Thug

Robocop on the Amiga 500

I knew the patterns inside out
    "On the gweeen"

Marble Madness (NES)
    There was no immunity to cuckoo ideas on Earth.
    Here was the reason human beings could not reject ideas because they were bad: "Ideas on Earth were badges of friendship or enmity.
    Their content didn't matter. Friends agreed with friends, in order to express friendliness. Enemies disagreed with enemies, in order to express enmity.

Krauser's Henchman

Games? Does MTG count? I've got an old vintage deck that should take care of any stranger.

Now if I can go back to my late 90s self I would feel fine taking on most anyone with Unreal Tournament or Team Fortress (1999 versions). As to arcade games? I used to be okay at SF2, Mortal Kombat, Samurai Shodown. Now probably not so much.
    "When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these?" -- Cave Johnson, CEO Aperture Science

-----Jamma-Nation-X MVS Price Guide ----- mjmjr25's Reference NEO-GEO Price Guide ----- NeoGeoKult Price Guides (Euro) -----

For the latest 3d printing and laser projects check Instagram: @Lions3D

Rugal's Thug

I could beat Street fighter 2 for Sega genesis on the hardest and fastest setting. But I don't believe I'm that good anymore. Mortal Kombat 1 on Genesis and 2 on 32X I was pretty good. Iron soldier on Jaguar. And StarFox 64, 1000 enemies at least, I don't remember the maximum I killed. Top gear rally 1 also fo N64. But today I just want to finish games on normal level, don't have that time to get too good at a game and I want to see as much as game history line as I can. so... there is a lot play.
    Last edited by gtmartini; 03-17-2017 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Forgot N64 games

Duck King's DJ

NES:

Castlevania
    Contra
    Super C
    Ninja Gaiden

I can beat these in my sleep, most of the time a 1LC on all of them.
    **Are you a "GRAILER"?**

Hurry take the quick survey here on NG.com to find out now! All winners will receive a free prize from our very own "Judge Dredd".

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

I'd like to see a 1LC on NG, Jaquio is a bitch and my only deterrent to 1LC the game as I can't get him with just the sword. I should dedicate myself and watch no death run videos.

Edit: Castlevania...dat bridge, fuck that bridge.
    Last edited by Electric Grave; 03-18-2017 at 07:56 AM.

Duck King's DJ

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricGrave View Post
    I'd like to see a 1LC on NG, Jaquio is a bitch and my only deterrent to 1LC the game as I can't get him with just the sword. I should dedicate myself and watch no death run videos.

Edit: Castlevania...dat bridge, fuck that bridge.
    Hey bro, Jaquio can be a pain in the ass until you get his fireball spawns down to a T. The trick to him is be on the far side of the screen when he spawn the two fireballs. Because you know they track you down, and accelerate the closer they get to you. So you want to be far away from him when he shoots them out, then wait right until they are about to get you then jump and they will go right off the screen fast and not return. What I do is run with him back and forth across the screen but letting him keep a good bit in front of me so the fire balls will half to angle way out to get you. If you are under him when he shoots them they will harass you until you strike them with sword. It sounds funny but it work like a champ every time. Watch some vid's they are several people who do this same method. After you figure it out he is a pushover. Patience is the key getting a hit on him and balancing the fireball act.

Castlevania yeah that final bridge is awful. I always use to get the axe so getting through it every time was a crap shoot. I changed my strategy on it now what I do now is keep the holywater from the Death fight and the first bat is the worst part of it imo. Throw a holy water on him and you will have just enough time to get under him. After you get the stop watch further on the bridge you are golden. It doesn't always work sometimes the Bat will knock you off but this works most of the time for me anyway.

My most dreaded part is Dracula's first form. Dodging the fireballs are easy its his damn spawning that's sometime drives me shit crazy. Sometime he gets into this weird spawn pattern that's very hard to get a hit on him without getting to close.
    Last edited by MCF 76; 03-18-2017 at 08:52 AM.
    **Are you a "GRAILER"?**

Hurry take the quick survey here on NG.com to find out now! All winners will receive a free prize from our very own "Judge Dredd".

So Many Posts
    No Time
    For Games.

Thanks Marty! Taking notes on that Jaquio...as for Castlevania I'm a Cross Harlot of the night, I pretty much use it for every boss doable.

Global Moderator
    Voice of Reason

EG and I were literally talking about these exact games about 2 days ago in the chat. I no longer have my super powers, but your list of 1 LC is the same as mine (used to be). I can no longer do it, as I haven't really played those games with any frequency in like better than a decade. When I do, I can feel the memory coming back, but I don't play long enough to actually power up to my final form.

I'm basically Gohan, post Cell games.

Duck King's DJ

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricGrave View Post
    Thanks Marty! Taking notes on that Jaquio...as for Castlevania I'm a Cross Harlot of the night, I pretty much use it for every boss doable.
    You bet bro,

Yeah i use the cross weapon til the start of Death stage then switch to holy water. The cross destroys this game but man I'm a puss i like to cheap Death with the holy water spam lol.
    **Are you a "GRAILER"?**

SEARCH
    FUNCTION
    GOD!

Double Dragon and Ninja Gaiden 2 NES. Some of the first 2 games I owned so naturally beat the hell out of those games. We didn't get a lot of games so when they entered the house played them endlessly.
    Lately been falling out of love with gaming. Still remember that damn disappearing platform on DD2

Duck King's DJ

Quote Originally Posted by lions3 View Post
    Games? Does MTG count? I've got an old vintage deck that should take care of any stranger.
    This. My second turn Ad Nauseum deck destroys fools.

Video games though pry Mortal Kombat or MK2. I use to be good at Soul Caliber. Marvel vs Capcom 2 and when I knew the controls any one of the DBZ Tenkaichi games, I use to be really good at.

O and Killer Instinct on the SNES.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

Thread Information