What game are you best at

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
NBA Hangtime (N64), Ninja Gajden (NES), Street Fighter Zero 3 (Saturn).

I can't say I'm the best there is at any of those games, but I'm definitely above average, and could beat most people unless they had also devoted lots and lots of time at any of them. I've spent dozens, and in some cases hundreds of hours playing these games.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Probably Revenge of Shinobi or possibly Strider. Played them to death on the Megadrive when I was kid, and when I was older played Strider to death on a cab as well. So I'm at least adequate at both.

Last edited:

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
I used to be quite good at Snow Bros and Magical Drop 3... but it's been years since the last time I played those 2 games :(

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Secret of monkey island. I know all the insults and comebacks.

Somebody needs to make an insult sword fighting game using voice chat and speech recognition that judges the value of your insults. Modern online gaming is halfway there already.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I dont know about currently, but in the past, I was "best" at Starcraft on USEast Ladder. I went 35-0 and then retired. Now I can't stand that type of game.

If I had to think about these days, I would say Monopoly on Sega Genesis.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Secret of monkey island. I know all the insults and comebacks.

Somebody needs to make an insult sword fighting game using voice chat and speech recognition that judges the value of your insults. Modern online gaming is halfway there already.

I am rubber, you are glue.

CrystalCore

Crazed MVS Addict
You're told to pick a game to play against a stranger, loser gets fisted or something, I dunno. Which game are you picking?

I'm going Super Mario kart, gp rather than battle mode.

NBA Jam: Tournament Edition (SNES version), playing as the Golden State Warriors.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Games? Does MTG count? I've got an old vintage deck that should take care of any stranger.

Now if I can go back to my late 90s self I would feel fine taking on most anyone with Unreal Tournament or Team Fortress (1999 versions). As to arcade games? I used to be okay at SF2, Mortal Kombat, Samurai Shodown. Now probably not so much.

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug
I could beat Street fighter 2 for Sega genesis on the hardest and fastest setting. But I don't believe I'm that good anymore. Mortal Kombat 1 on Genesis and 2 on 32X I was pretty good. Iron soldier on Jaguar. And StarFox 64, 1000 enemies at least, I don't remember the maximum I killed. Top gear rally 1 also fo N64. But today I just want to finish games on normal level, don't have that time to get too good at a game and I want to see as much as game history line as I can. so... there is a lot play.

Last edited:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
NES:

Castlevania
Contra
Super C
Ninja Gaiden

I can beat these in my sleep, most of the time a 1LC on all of them.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'd like to see a 1LC on NG, Jaquio is a bitch and my only deterrent to 1LC the game as I can't get him with just the sword. I should dedicate myself and watch no death run videos.

Edit: Castlevania...dat bridge, fuck that bridge.

Last edited:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I'd like to see a 1LC on NG, Jaquio is a bitch and my only deterrent to 1LC the game as I can't get him with just the sword. I should dedicate myself and watch no death run videos.

Edit: Castlevania...dat bridge, fuck that bridge.

Hey bro, Jaquio can be a pain in the ass until you get his fireball spawns down to a T. The trick to him is be on the far side of the screen when he spawn the two fireballs. Because you know they track you down, and accelerate the closer they get to you. So you want to be far away from him when he shoots them out, then wait right until they are about to get you then jump and they will go right off the screen fast and not return. What I do is run with him back and forth across the screen but letting him keep a good bit in front of me so the fire balls will half to angle way out to get you. If you are under him when he shoots them they will harass you until you strike them with sword. It sounds funny but it work like a champ every time. Watch some vid's they are several people who do this same method. After you figure it out he is a pushover. Patience is the key getting a hit on him and balancing the fireball act.

Castlevania yeah that final bridge is awful. I always use to get the axe so getting through it every time was a crap shoot. I changed my strategy on it now what I do now is keep the holywater from the Death fight and the first bat is the worst part of it imo. Throw a holy water on him and you will have just enough time to get under him. After you get the stop watch further on the bridge you are golden. It doesn't always work sometimes the Bat will knock you off but this works most of the time for me anyway.

My most dreaded part is Dracula's first form. Dodging the fireballs are easy its his damn spawning that's sometime drives me shit crazy. Sometime he gets into this weird spawn pattern that's very hard to get a hit on him without getting to close.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Thanks Marty! Taking notes on that Jaquio...as for Castlevania I'm a Cross Harlot of the night, I pretty much use it for every boss doable.

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
EG and I were literally talking about these exact games about 2 days ago in the chat. I no longer have my super powers, but your list of 1 LC is the same as mine (used to be). I can no longer do it, as I haven't really played those games with any frequency in like better than a decade. When I do, I can feel the memory coming back, but I don't play long enough to actually power up to my final form.

I'm basically Gohan, post Cell games.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Thanks Marty! Taking notes on that Jaquio...as for Castlevania I'm a Cross Harlot of the night, I pretty much use it for every boss doable.

You bet bro,

Yeah i use the cross weapon til the start of Death stage then switch to holy water. The cross destroys this game but man I'm a puss i like to cheap Death with the holy water spam lol.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
Double Dragon and Ninja Gaiden 2 NES. Some of the first 2 games I owned so naturally beat the hell out of those games. We didn't get a lot of games so when they entered the house played them endlessly.
Lately been falling out of love with gaming. Still remember that damn disappearing platform on DD2

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Games? Does MTG count? I've got an old vintage deck that should take care of any stranger.

This. My second turn Ad Nauseum deck destroys fools.

Video games though pry Mortal Kombat or MK2. I use to be good at Soul Caliber. Marvel vs Capcom 2 and when I knew the controls any one of the DBZ Tenkaichi games, I use to be really good at.

O and Killer Instinct on the SNES.