What game are you best at

I got to the top of the hi-score wiki here for Magical Drop 2 and 3 as well as Money Puzzle Exchanger before updates stopped. I only played those games for score to get on the leaderboard. Usually, it's versus mode only for me. Mostly I play MD 2 and the skills just transfer to the other games.

Recently, I bought MD2 on Nintendo Switch and got to number 2 on one of those leaderboards despite a long time off from the games. I'm also not bad at Bust a Move. I've actually never failed to 1cc my Bust a Move Again cart since I bought it.

Last edited:

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
Only game I was ever any good at playing against the guys in my neighborhood was original Air Combat. If we're talking better than most of the population, I don't think I fare too well on any game.

TheKRULIX

n00b
Definitely loved MarioKart64 in the day. Perfecting the powerslides definitely helped in separating from the pack. It's a shame this wasn't available in double dash on the gnc or on the wii. If it was, my apologies. I just remembering trying both of those titles and it was no comparison for me. I was decent at the double shortcut in WarioStadium which is definitely one of the more challenging shortcuts in the game. Very Nice!

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Dance Dance Revolution's doubles mode (8-panel).

Last edited:

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
I've always felt like I was particularly good at Viewtiful Joe and Power Stone 2.
after just recently playing Viewtiful Joe again, I can safely say it's only Power Stone 2.

I still take people 3 on 1 in that game with little to no problem.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
i love super castlevania 4 but was never able to beat it until emulation and save states was available.

It's not that difficult, but sure too long for a single-session playthrough, especially if you go for both loops.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
The world's a big place so I won't list a fighting game here. I'll go with:

X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse

It's my favorite snes game of all time.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
It's not that difficult, but sure too long for a single-session playthrough, especially if you go for both loops.

it was quite difficult for me as a kid. at the time i think the furthest i went was the level with all the gold everywhere. only until i discovered emulation and save states was i able to progress further in the game. but now i think i could beat it no problem.

The world's a big place so I won't list a fighting game here. I'll go with:

X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse

It's my favorite snes game of all time.

mutant apocalypse was one of my favourite beat em ups on the snes. but i think i like ninja warriors more now. have to play it again and see.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
mutant apocalypse was one of my favourite beat em ups on the snes. but i think i like ninja warriors more now. have to play it again and see.

That rocks! Ninja Warriors is my second favorite snes game. Mega Man X and Super Metroid are right there next to those titles for me, but X-Men: MA and Ninja Warriors always pull me back more often for some reason. The music and multiple playable characters for these beat em ups is likely the cause lol

ssjlance

Asked For Custom, Rank. Unsure If, I Can Be Bother
If it's just "see who can do better in a single player game," Punch-Out or Super Punch-Out. For the NES game, my opponent would have to be able to pull off the Round 1 TKO trick on Tyson, and the list of people who can beat him, let alone do that feat, is short enough I'd feel comfortable picking it. I've gotten close to the Round 1 TKO, but the best I've done is two knockdowns and shaving the remaining health down to about 1/4 of the bar. Would probably pick Super Punch-Out over it, just because even less people have mastered that one; I'd also say Super Punch-Out is the harder game for the most part, but nothing in Super Punch-Out is quite as hard as fighting Tyson himself (though Hoy Quarlow may be kind of close).

If it has to be direct competition in a multiplayer game, probably Guitar Hero II. I've placed on Rock Band/Guitar Hero leaderboards in the Expert difficulty. I was happy with getting 5 stars on every song in Expert for my save. The only impressive FC I ever pulled off was Laid to Rest.

But yeah, I'd say if you can do pretty well in Guitar Hero/Rock Band on the expert difficulty, you've got a pretty good shot. There are people who can FC Through the Fire and the Flames, sure, but the list of people who can play on Expert at all is short enough you still have a really good chance.

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
Lately Batsugun, but if you count Quake3/Live I have been playing that for a VERY long time.

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
SF2T - Guile

I remember a Nintendo rep used to come to our local Boots the chemist to show off SF2T on the demo unit when it was released.

I used to come in and whip his ass as Guile every time. Good times....

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Resident Evil 2 Scenario 1 Leon. Best record on PC was 1hr 15 minutes, No air spray, two saves. I really want to get back into doing this because that shit is so fun.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Mega Man X and/or Mega Man X4. I speed run them every Christmas.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Mega Man X and/or Mega Man X4. I speed run them every Christmas.

Are X & x4 the 2 easiest ones? Those happen to be the 2 I gravitate to when I need a Mega Man X fix. Never knew why I prefer those 2 in particular when I could play any of them (up to 6 I think).