Should every American be allowed to vote?

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
I know...I have a tendency to speak in absolutes.

The US penal system is indeed a complete disaster...as are many of our criminal laws.

It's a long discussion..but drugs are our problem, short and sweet. We spend an absurd amount of $$ on both state/fed level fighting a pointless battle. That battle empowers criminal enterprise...and our prisons are full to the brim with people that are in there for drug related crimes.

There's really no way of really knowing, but I'd love to know how many people are currently in prison because they are completely unfit to be in free society. I'm not talking about people that murder based on crimes of passion, or DUI, or inv manslaughter, or murder due to drug related activities. Actual real psycho/sociopaths and other people with extreme mental disorders who no mater what, just cannot live with the rest of us safely.

You admit the penal system in this country is a disaster, yet voted for a guy who installed one of those Southern law and order types as Attorney General.

Interesting.

DangerousK

20 Year Member
That you for wasting your time posting evidence of my statement.

Listen up you stupid fuck: the current Southern Republicans were all Democrats till 1964. They felt betrayed by LBJ when the Civil Rights Act was passed into law and changed their allegiance to the Republican party, thus the seeds of the modern Republican party as a party of rich old white men who think blacks should be slaves, were planted. Everything you see from the current GOP goes back to to 1964. They wanted corporations to be treated as people. They want any non-white, homosexual, or transgender person to be stripped of their rights. But to your face, they will tell you it's all about pulling yourself up by the bootstraps...but when you are trying to do that, they have rigged the system to prevent such things unless you meet a narrow criteria, and while they throw on chains and weights.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Should every citizen be allowed to vote. I don't think so. If your parents still claim you as a dependent, you shouldn't be allowed to vote. I think that's up to age 24 if they are a full time student.

DangerousK

20 Year Member
Private federal prisons..... Game on.

I'm sure if Trump announced he was going to throw the protestors/dissenters into those types of prisons, Ki and Smoke would be silent...then hit the share button on any pro-imprisonment memes.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Should every citizen be allowed to vote. I don't think so. If your parents still claim you as a dependent, you shouldn't be allowed to vote. I think that's up to age 24 if they are a full time student.

Can you imagine the cost to the American tax payers if that was the case? It would be apocalyptic. Imagine if every American between 15 and 25 would file their taxes, and of course get large refunds because they don't earn a lot of money, on average, tens of millions of filers, if not hundreds of millions, and the potential abuses that would come with it. And the IRS would of course have to expand, which is the opposite of what Trump and his white supremacist followers are promising. It would be devastating. But at least the lazy liberal dependents would get a vote.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Should any American be allowed to vote?

No. I think every leader from every other country should vote for every other country's leader.

In the event of a tie, then the winner is to be selected by Puxatony Phil.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Well, on voting age, I think whatever the voting age is that should also be drinking age. If you're old enough to vote you should be old enough to drink.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I think there should be 5 questions on each ballot and a person's vote is weighted based on how many of those they get correct. There could be a couple basic high school level government questions, then general knowledge about the state of the country/economy. People who don't know WTF they're talking about should have less of a say than those who are educated.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think there should be 5 questions on each ballot and a person's vote is weighted based on how many of those they get correct. There could be a couple basic high school level government questions, then general knowledge about the state of the country/economy. People who don't know WTF they're talking about should have less of a say than those who are educated.

I think the best thing for America is for more people to be educated. Unfortunately, when the 3 branches of government are all in power because of mentally crippled stupid people, and these politicians have realized it and appointed Betsy DeVos to increase levels of stupidity, it's a sure fire bet that the questions on the ballot will be shit like "who Kim Kardashian fugg b4 Kanye how bow dah..."

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member

I don't believe this can work. The questions - and the evaluation of the answers - will always be susceptible to corruption.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literacy_test

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Listen up you stupid fuck: the current Southern Republicans were all Democrats till 1964.
That was exactly the point I made regarding the system not favoring a specific party, but thanks for the whiny editorial, you stupid fuck.