Official SNK Neo-Geo Book: NEOGEO: A VISUAL HISTORY ネオジオ〜目で楽しむ軌跡〜 (Publisher Bitmap Books)

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
i'm actually worried about my item not getting in time. I'll be moving from here in November and I don't know if it'll be stuck in limbo.

I'd be highly surprised if it's November - I'd estimate 2nd week in October. The shipping with DHL will be rapid.

loganm187

n00b
I wanted to clear something up here about this book being on Amazon and people saying it is exclusive to bitmap. I have pre-ordered many bitmap books from amazon and the Neo Geo book has been up for pre-order on amazon for months. It now says it is out of stock and they are no longer taking pre-orders, but the 3 i had ordered still stand as does the upcoming snes bitmap book i pre-ordered from there. Just want to clear this up for you guys in the states who want to save quite a bit of money. This is not exclusive to bitmap for pre-order.

frazer99

20 Year Member
I wanted to clear something up here about this book being on Amazon and people saying it is exclusive to bitmap. I have pre-ordered many bitmap books from amazon and the Neo Geo book has been up for pre-order on amazon for months. It now says it is out of stock and they are no longer taking pre-orders, but the 3 i had ordered still stand as does the upcoming snes bitmap book i pre-ordered from there. Just want to clear this up for you guys in the states who want to save quite a bit of money. This is not exclusive to bitmap for pre-order.

Correction. It is exclusive to Bitmap Books. Amazon posted the listings using the ISBN submission which originally had the estimated release date of 25th August. After repeated calls to Amazon, the UK listings were removed but Amazon US effectively told Bitmap Books - we can do what we like. After the 25th of August (the date Amazon said the book would be available and the estimated date on the ISBN submission), the listings now show out of stock. Anyone's order will presumably just be put on hold. I can confirm that no stock is being shipped to Amazon nor are there any plans to. The tweets from Bitmap Books sums it up.

t70BLnD.png

BUO98tm.png

Last edited:

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
I can confirm that no stock is being shipped to Amazon nor are there any plans to.
Wise decision. I remember reading a BBC article about Amazon trying to reprint books themselves without the approval of the original publishers.

frazer99

20 Year Member
and some more.....

UdWmCyg.jpg

AxtnAuA.jpg

xCiVP0t.jpg

OZ41BiL.jpg

550wCib.jpg

Last edited:

frazer99

20 Year Member
Collectors Edition - This has sold exceptionally well. Expecting this to sell out before the end of this month.

ILDj0BF.jpg

cBuNGkK.jpg

IPk0eAH.jpg

h38omMe.jpg

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I'd be highly surprised if it's November - I'd estimate 2nd week in October. The shipping with DHL will be rapid.

im actually worried, i might change my shipping address, my moving date is pretty much nov 1, worst comes to worst

frazer99

20 Year Member
Couple more photos to show the size of the book:

R5taJEh.jpg

LbEr15B.jpg

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Missed out on the mega edition, but I'm lucky they still have the collectors edition this close to release. Not too happy with DHL, but if that's the only option you either deal with it or you don't. this is going to make a great coffee table book.

loganm187

n00b
Man, $55 USD shipped for me since you guys scared me off from Amazon. Our dollar is getting killed! The book looks to be worth it though.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Man, $55 USD shipped for me since you guys scared me off from Amazon. Our dollar is getting killed! The book looks to be worth it though.

It is not as good as it was a year ago but it could be worse.

Put in an order for the CE today.

Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:

frazer99

20 Year Member
im actually worried, i might change my shipping address, my moving date is pretty much nov 1, worst comes to worst

Latest update on delivery timescales is the bulk shipping from the printers was delayed by a week due to bad weather so it's looking like around the 20th October to land in the UK. After that 3-4 days before they arrive with customers - It's going to be close so switching your delivery address is probably the best option.

For anyone that hasn't ordered the Collectors Edition yet (and wants one), please do so now. I'll post when stocks are down to the last copies. There are no plans to reprint the Collectors Editions.

qjOyZRQ.jpg

frazer99

20 Year Member
Latest update from Bitmap Books on NEOGEO: A Visual History.

Delivery
The books are currently en route on a vessel and are due to arrive into the UK around October 20th. Due to bad weather at sea this has slipped by a few days as I was originally hoping they would arrive nearer to the start of October. As soon as they arrive, they will be packed and sent out.

Amazon
We have also received messages asking about the aforementioned misleading Amazon listings. We've clarified this before but those listings on Amazon have been scraped from the ISBN database. A book has to be registered to receive an ISBN number and the data is then available to view. We've never had this issue before but Amazon (and a few other retailers) have decided to list the book without asking permission. That wouldn't normally be an issue but they've stated a false release date in August and also in some cases, the price is discounted. Please ignore these listings. These retailers will not be getting stock.
The standard edition will eventually appear on Amazon.co.uk legitimately but this will be after the date you guys get your books. The way sales are going, there's no guarantee that there will be any books left so pre-ordering is the only way to guarantee a copy.

Last edited:

Pinball

Kula's Candy
I've ordered this from Bitmap. Amazing product, and great to see a UK contribution to the hobby :-)

frazer99

20 Year Member
Promo Video for the NEOGEO Book and update:

Video by Stu Brett

T-shirts, stickers and badges arriving at fulfilment house - Approx 15/10
Books arriving at the fulfilment house - Approx 19/10
Packing and shipping commences - Approx 23/10
All parcels are sent tracked which is much faster then normal mail so the books will arrive in October as promised.

Collector's Edition only available as a pre-order exclusive until October 14th.

Again, thanks for your patience.

Sam Dyer (Bitmap Books)

Last edited:

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
Wow, love the video, really looking forward to it!