Official SNK Neo-Geo Book: NEOGEO: A VISUAL HISTORY ネオジオ〜目で楽しむ軌跡〜 (Publisher Bitmap Books)

Pep

Genjuro's Frog
20 Year Member
FYI, just received this update: Due to a slight delay in getting the book to the printers, delivery will now slip into early October. We were hoping the time could be made up in production but due to the complexity of the design and the metallic inks, this hasn't happened. We will of course keep you updated but hopefully a extra couple of weeks wait isn't the end of the world.

Last edited:

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Book ordered. This is gonna be epic. Cheers Frazer and everybody else involved

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
Just a reminder that the Collectors edition is only available during the pre-order period (likely to finish end of September), only the regular edition will be available for sale after this date.

8z4TQfw.jpg

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
I preordered my Collectors Edition a few weeks ago.
Is there a chance that you could make more shirts in the future? I don't actually mind not owning the Mega Edition but I'd buy a tastefully done Neo/SNK shirt or a well made (no DTG print on Fruit of the Loom) hoodie on its own. Maybe you could talk someone at SNK into selling official merch to westerners.

frazer99

20 Year Member
I preordered my Collectors Edition a few weeks ago.
Is there a chance that you could make more shirts in the future? I don't actually mind not owning the Mega Edition but I'd buy a tastefully done Neo/SNK shirt or a well made (no DTG print on Fruit of the Loom) hoodie on its own. Maybe you could talk someone at SNK into selling official merch to westerners.

I'd say its unlikely that Bitmap Books will make any more shirts as they are a book publisher. Fangamer, Cospa and the clothing store Shimamura have licensed clothing/T-Shirts cuurently. Securing another license from SNK i'd say would be a challenge both financially with a guaranteed royalty payment for SNK but also proposing a design which is sufficiently different from those already licensed (either available now or planned).

Missile

Another Striker
I ordered my Collector's Edition. I wasn't interested in any of the extra items (I already have a box full of the extra crap that came with NGDevTeam Games in my attic) but I preferred the front cover. Feel a bit stupid buying a book I haven't seen the inside of but I've done dumber things in my life.

The people who bought the Mega Edition did the right thing - they can sell it on if they don't like it for a profit.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Feel a bit stupid buying a book I haven't seen the inside of but I've done dumber things in my life.

It's the Neo-Geo scene a.D. 2017, which basically means that everything under $100 is a steal and doesn't require worrying about it.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I ordered my Collector's Edition. I wasn't interested in any of the extra items (I already have a box full of the extra crap that came with NGDevTeam Games in my attic) but I preferred the front cover. Feel a bit stupid buying a book I haven't seen the inside of but I've done dumber things in my life.

The people who bought the Mega Edition did the right thing - they can sell it on if they don't like it for a profit.

You're the only here with an unsure pessimistic view on the outcome of the book. Unlucky for you though, based on your assumption of flipper cause and effect, you'll be lucky to scrape even on your 2nd hand Collector's Edition when you try and flip it.

You snooze, you lose.

Missile

Another Striker
You're the only here with an unsure pessimistic view on the outcome of the book. Unlucky for you though, based on your assumption of flipper cause and effect, you'll be lucky to scrape even on your 2nd hand Collector's Edition when you try and flip it.

You snooze, you lose.

I've bought a lot of these console books in the past so that's why the pessimistic view. Probably 1 in 4 are worth keeping. You're right but I didn't buy it to flip it - only the people who bought the Mega Edition did that :)

frazer99

20 Year Member
Proofs of the NeoGeo Book have arrived.

6d3dNmG.jpg

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I wasn't interested in any of the extra items (I already have a box full of the extra crap that came with NGDevTeam Games in my attic) but I preferred the front cover.
you wanna sell me your "bigger badder better" sticker? I'm serious.

Proofs of the NeoGeo Book have arrived.
Spoiler:
6d3dNmG.jpg
:drool_2:

frazer99

20 Year Member
Sample T Shirts (Mega Edition) have arrived at Bitmap Books.

8tZlkpD.jpg

wEYvW9N.jpg

kF0ByhA.jpg

kKuiUCl.jpg

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
A few more teaser images...

Ty5Sk0V.jpg

ik8bOq3.jpg

JWtXsQp.jpg

Looks awesome. I like the Samurai Shodown character model sheet.. I think that's Shiroi Eiji's work. T-shirts look great too.

Is it possible to order this book through amazon.com or Barnes & Noble?

frazer99

20 Year Member
Looks awesome. I like the Samurai Shodown character model sheet.. I think that's Shiroi Eiji's work. T-shirts look great too.

Is it possible to order this book through amazon.com or Barnes & Noble?

There are no plans to ship books to Amazon or other resellers at present despite Amazon listing the book for sale. From what I hear the commission taken from Amazon or others means for the publisher they would be selling at cost. I think it would only really be in the case of an over-supply where that would be considered. The book is selling well considering we are still in pre-order phase and I would fully expect the full print run to sell out without requiring to sell through Amazon or other sellers.

frazer99

20 Year Member
Amazon and Book Depository finally showing Not Available/Out of Stock - I don't believe they have notified customers who pre-ordered through this route. I suspect orders may just be held indefinitely.

56kdoJm.png

aT8ubbT.png

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
They seem to do this a lot. I recently preordered a blu ray from Amazon and release date came and I got an email saying the release had been delayed a week. I waited the week and then got the same email, saying it was delayed another week. I waited again and got the same email the third week. So I went on to another online shop and discovered it had released 3 weeks ago, on the day it was supposed to. It looks like Amazon just didn't get sent stock from the supplier, so kept saying the release had been delayed. I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same here.

frazer99

20 Year Member
That's helpful Matt thanks, sounds like the same situation then.

rodolfocm

Another Striker
Wow, these books are really cool. I will probably get some if the shipping to Canada is not very expensive!