Official SNK Neo-Geo Book: NEOGEO: A VISUAL HISTORY ネオジオ〜目で楽しむ軌跡〜 (Publisher Bitmap Books)

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Hello everyone,

as mentioned, I've been in Japan in the last weeks, and had a couple of meetings with SNK (both Tokyo branch and Osaka HQ) to talk about the book.

First of all, I'd like to share how enthusiast the company is about the final result "beyond our expectations" quoting the head of marketing division.

Again, kudos to the whole team I had the privilege to work with, Sam, Frazer, Brian and all who contributed.

Here some pics I hope will delight all fans (despite the usual constrains I had in terms of taking shots), it has been quite a long year of hard work, but the enthusiast comments all around socials and here are the greatest reward...enjoy!

(main entrance of the Esaka HQ)
image1.JPG

Entrance showroom:
image3.JPG

..with the book placed right in front!
image2.JPG

Here with Nishikawa-kun, who has been the person in SNK working with us, providing all the exclusive content and fact checking
nishikawa.jpg

Tokyo branch
image6.JPG

with Adam L. overseas Marketing manager, an old friend from the time of the interview I did almost 10 years ago!
adam.jpg

image5.JPG

Will get a development team coral pic with the book (including Oda sensei) in few days, will post hopefully soon.

...we had the chance to talk about upcoming projects, and while under NDA, I can tell you there is a lot of good stuff coming and definitively a team of passionate people working on it.

Later with more updates!

Massimiliano

Last edited:

VirtuaNEStor

Caught Flipping., Deal With At Own Risk.,

Yes!!! I listed for 395 initially but when i saw this yahoo auction i thought maybe i can up the "special price" a little more. Great "discount".:lolz:

I see he is flipping nes mini's also. What a leech.

Many thanks for your support and greetings from Spain.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Games that are not played
Vinyls that are not heard
Books that are not read
T-shirts that are not weared

What's next?

VirtuaNEStor

Books that are not read
T-shirts that are not weared

In my honest opinion i think this book is not to read, it's only to see pictures after pictures. Very few interest content.

And the T-Shirt has very bad quality, not to use one time in the washing machine if you wanna conserv the picture.

VirtuaNEStor

Few are interested in the content of the book? Have you even read this thread?

What a fucking dumb comment.

Sorry, my english is bad. The book has no interest content (for me). Only pictures, pictures and more pictures after pictures.

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
Sorry, my english is bad. The book has no interest content (for me). Only pictures, pictures and more pictures after pictures.

I think thats worse - buying something you have no interest in, just to flip at an exorbitant profit? I dont think that will get you many fans here bro.

VirtuaNEStor

I think thats worse - buying something you have no interest in, just to flip at an exorbitant profit? I dont think that will get you many fans here bro.

I had many interest in but after i saw youtube unboxings and reviews, pictures in this thread and finally when the book arrives... i decided to sell. I only have this copy.

For sure if i win some money.... perfect. why not?, i can buy one more game for mi collection.

I know that i won't get any fan for this. It's normal i'm happy with the opinion of everybody.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
I see he is flipping nes mini's also. What a leech.

This is something I just can't stand. I don't even want to list the number of times I missed my chance of buying something, only to see it pop up on eBay with its price doubled, at best. Sure, I could have bought several copies of Pier Solar and sold the extra ones for profit, but I'm not an asshole. In all of my life, it has never even crossed my mind to flip shit this way. People doing this deserve an instant permaban.

VirtuaNEStor

This is something I just can't stand. I don't even want to list the number of times I missed my chance of buying something, only to see it pop up on eBay with its price doubled, at best. Sure, I could have bought several copies of Pier Solar and sold the extra ones for profit, but I'm not an asshole. In all of my life, it has never even crossed my mind to flip shit this way. People doing this deserve an instant permaban.

I don't know why they deserve permaban if they doesn't broke any forum law. In my case i didn't put any link, i didn't insult anybody i give my opinion with fully respect. I bought ONE COPY of Mega Edition, i recieve the item and i'm not convince about it... i wanna sell it. If i win some extra money with this: PERFECT!!!. If i have luck i will buy another game or item for my collection. That's all. :(

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
OK... I've been thinking about this... and here are my thoughts...

1. VirtuaNEStor has strictly done nothing against forum rules... he brought the stuff and yes... he's flipping it...
2. I agree this sits poorly with me... he brought and is flipping a copy of the Mega Edition and it could've gone to someone else...BUT... first come first serve...
3. The price point is sorta LOL...

The only real question is it within the remit of the mod team to be the moral arbitrators over something like this...

xROTx

VirtuaNEStor

OK... I've been thinking about this... and here are my thoughts...

1. VirtuaNEStor has strictly done nothing against forum rules... he brought the stuff and yes... he's flipping it...
2. I agree this sits poorly with me... he brought and is flipping a copy of the Mega Edition and it could've gone to someone else...BUT... first come first serve...
3. The price point is sorta LOL...

The only real question is it within the remit of the mod team to be the moral arbitrators over something like this...

xROTx

Hi Rot!!!. I only bought one copy of the book. I bought one Mega Edition. Not four. Finally i'm not 100% convince about this item and i'm trying to sell. With the money i will buy another Neo Geo item, it depends if i get 500 or 50... I start with 500 only to try. Who knows, maybe i have luck and get money for one Ninja Commando or Real Bout FF 2. And yes; you are right: 500 is crazy price... i have time to reduce the price in future.

But please this thread is not to talk about my auction on ebay!!! ;)

Greetings from Spain!!

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hi Rot!!!. I only bought one copy of the book. I bought one Mega Edition. Not four. Finally i'm not 100% convince about this item and i'm trying to sell. With the money i will buy another Neo Geo item, it depends if i get 500 or 50... I start with 500 only to try. Who knows, maybe i have luck and get money for one Ninja Commando or Real Bout FF 2. And yes; you are right: 500 is crazy price... i have time to reduce the price in future.

Greetings from Spain!!

My mistake...

EDITED...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Q5QV156.png

xROTx

VirtuaNEStor

I don't know why you put those marks on my profile.

1- I'm a simple collector who was collecting during 15 years. I bought thousen games and sold hundred games too. I never lie, never scam anybody. I only sell one game when i don't wanna keep in my collection. I win 500 euros with this book but i lose the only book i had. Did you and rest members of the forum sell the games for the same price you bought?

2- You said the mods won't be the moral arbitrators... But what about to put those marks on my profile? is it a moral arbitration?

3- It's not my fault they made only 330 copies of Mega Edition. ¿For what? For collectors??? or for extreme colectors?? The book cost 29 pounds. They wanna the book for read or they wanna the mega edition to be the coolest collector ever? For what they made three diferent editions? it's crazy. You allready know how this freak collection world works. For what to make Mega Editions with only 330 copies...

4- I know there are some members who doesn't get the mega edition. I apologise and hope that they can get the edition soonest and cheapest possible.

5- There are members like Dion Dakis and his partners who really scam the people and they doesnt hace this unrespectable marks on their profiles. Why me?.

I hope yoy let me configurate my profile like a normal member. Sorry my english and greetings from Spain.

Last edited:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Seriously dude, if you would have listed it for the price you paid for it + shipping then everything would be cool. But you have openly said in not so many words that you listed it for a higher price and good for me if I get more. People here do not look so kindly on this kind of stuff, especially when you consider one of the people behind this book (NeoTurfMasta) has spent thousands over the years on freely giving to the NeoGeo community. I'm going to highlight Dark Seed here as a prime example.

Last edited:

VirtuaNEStor

Seriously dude, if you would have listed it for the price you paid for it + shipping then everything would be cool. But you have openly said in not so many words that you listed it for a higher price and good for me if I get more. People here do not look so kindly on this kind of stuff, especially when you consider one of the people behind this book (NeoTurfMasta) has spent thousands over the years on freely giving to the NeoGeo community. I'm going to highlight Dark Seed here as a prime example.

For sure!!. I'm happy with this and i give my congrats for persons like this. But i don't have the obligation to sell the book for the same price i bought. And there isn't any rule in this forum which reads that if you sold this book overpriced you will get unrespecteable marks.... I asked; everybody in this forum are selling their games for the same price they bought?

I didn't put the link of my auction. Somebody linked and asked to me, i respond my reason with calm and respect. Why i don't deserve the same?

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Here's the deal, ace. Members here are VERY wary of people buying things on the forum, at forum member prices, and then running to eBay to flip them for a lot more than they paid here. People here like to sell low to trusted members at lower than market prices. It's a nice thing to do. It feels good. It's like selling to friends.

You have shown that you are a profiteer. You bought a pretty limited item, put a HUGE mark up on it, and are now crying foul when people here don't like the practice. Sellers here deserve to know how you go about business.

• Members can still sell to you if they like.
  • You can (try to) still buy here if you like.
  • Did you do anything illegal? No.
  • Have you been kicked off the site? No.
  • Is your access here restricted? No.
  • Did you do a douche thing that impacts how you are viewed here by our membership base? Yes.

You did a thing, and now you live with the repercussions of that thing. That's life. You don't have to like it. And, to be honest, that you are surprised by the reaction here tells me you really don't know how this place works.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I didn't put the link of my auction. Somebody linked and asked to me, i respond my reason with calm and respect. Why i don't deserve the same?

See, this is exactly why you should have a different name on Ebay than on forums.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
For sure!!. I'm happy with this and i give my congrats for persons like this. But i don't have the obligation to sell the book for the same price i bought. And there isn't any rule in this forum which reads that if you sold this book overpriced you will get unrespecteable marks.... I asked; everybody in this forum are selling their games for the same price they bought?

You are right that you are free to buy and sell for any price you want. But given the price you paid for it and the price you sold it for the forum mods have a duty to let other members know what your about when it comes to buying and selling NeoGeo and other game related items. You own admission here that you have no problem over inflating prices and clearly you know how it goes (given point three in your other post).

You should actually feel privileged you have been given the flippin for profit tag, this is exactly what you are about by your own admission.

Last edited: