Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SNK Neo-Geo Book: NEOGEO: A VISUAL HISTORY ネオジオ〜目で楽しむ軌跡〜 (Publisher Bitmap Books)

King's Dry Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by frazer99 View Post
    We'll then start building for the launch - with a space on the Bitmap Books website, promotional video and so on so expect to see further info, images from the book etc at the start of next month.
    Frazer
    Rather looking forward to this first look! It's clear that this team is putting a tons of work (and love) into this book.

While it's not surprising that pre-digital assets have not been well archived (in some cases, at all), it's still really a shame. I can only imagine what must be out there, somewhere. I still have hope that it will be possible to include some content from the planning phase / early months of the caliber of what the Read Only Memories book about the Mega Drive had the ability to feature.

And for what it's worth, I'm not concerned with cost. A well put together book is well worth it, and what Bitmap's published before is easily in line with keeping it reasonable there.

This makes me less optimistic about unreleased games getting an official release, like the cartridge version of Ironclad.

Geese's Thug

Really looking forward to this, I know from what you've told me that you and the guys have put a lot of work/love in to it Frazer. I'm terrible at keeping up to date with stuff though, maybe drop me a text when the preorders go up.

Living on the wrong
    side of the Pennines

Quote Originally Posted by SNK_Pro View Post
    Really looking forward to this, I know from what you've told me that you and the guys have put a lot of work/love in to it Frazer. I'm terrible at keeping up to date with stuff though, maybe drop me a text when the preorders go up.
    Sure Colin will do. Pre-orders will almost certainly be in May. I'll give you a nudge once we have narrowed down the date.

Calvin & Hobbes

Fraser...

I aint gonna order one... just gonna tell you pal...

BUT... if you, NTM and Bitmap willy sign a special edition one... maybe I can raffle it... as a Prize of some sort...

What say you Frazer?

xROTx

PS. I will pay for ALL shipping costs...

Living on the wrong
    side of the Pennines

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    Fraser...

BUT... if you, NTM and Bitmap willy sign a special edition one... maybe I can raffle it... as a Prize of some sort...

What say you Frazer?

xROTx

Hey Rot, OK yeah leave it with me i'll see if we can sort that.

Cheers,
    Frazer

Southern Pounce.

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    Fraser...

What say you Frazer?

xROTx

That would be cool AF!

Living on the wrong
    side of the Pennines

Hey Rot, the book team had a chat about this and yeah that's all fine. A visit to SNK may well happen in Summer, if so then we'll also get the copy signed by Oda, Falcoon, Hideki etc. and you can auction that if the timings work for you?

Frazer

Chang's Grocer

Hey Rot, the book team had a chat about this and yeah that's all fine. A visit to SNK may well happen in Summer, if so then we'll also get the copy signed by Oda, Falcoon, Hideki etc. and you can auction that if the timings work for you?

Frazer
    This made my day, a true ng.com experience ;). Congrats to Rot!

King's Dry Cleaner

Great work, guys! This is a rather nice thing you are setting up.

Calvin & Hobbes

Frazer
    Thank You Frazer pal...

I can wait... My plan is to do a raffle with like a $5usd entry slot...

ALL Proceeds go to the Nightmare Tony Charity... I will pay for all postage costs... so EVERYTHING raised goes to that charity...

I still miss the great guy that was Tony...

xROTx

PS. Thank You Frazer for arranging it man... I'm good to wait for all signatures...

Меня зовут радуга вспомогательный bloodhokuto's Avatar

the core content is ROM/MVS/CD.
    This is what sold me.

Hearing 'AES' for homecart is like scraping nails down a board.

Deffo gonna pick this up.

Good Luck!

Mature's Make-Up Artist

Quote Originally Posted by bloodhokuto View Post
    This is what sold me.

Hearing 'AES' for homecart is like scraping nails down a board.

Deffo gonna pick this up.

Good Luck!
    Interesting, why is that? Its no different than saying "MVS" for the arcade carts..

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

Nice rot! Im looking forward to the book!
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko49 View Post
    Interesting, why is that? Its no different than saying "MVS" for the arcade carts..
    SNK didn't call the Homesystem/-carts "AES"... even though it can be argued that the subtext near the logo strongly suggests it.
    Also I think Dion tried to claim he made up the term "AES" for the NGH. lol.

Crazed MVS Addict

Nice! Love these types of book, the Super Famicom book is gorgeous!
    I cannot wait to get this!

Living on the wrong
    side of the Pennines

NEOGEO Book Update....

So March was an exceptionally busy time with the book - writing content. securing additional photography in the US and UK and refining the design and structure. The book is now 400 pages and is 99% finished. It is currently being translated into Japanese for SNK final approval (will take around 2 weeks for the review from Osaka). We then have a couple of weeks later this month to fully check and proof the book before we proceed to printing. Pre-orders will open at some point in May whilst the book is printed (it takes 6 weeks for the printing process). It is likely Collectors editions will only be available for pre-order (more details on that later).

To bloodkokuto and xsq - Turfmasta, Massi and I thought we had won the argument on ROM vs AES with an earlier iteration of the book only referring to ROM or home console. However as AES seems to have stuck with the majority of those outside of Japan the editor feels AES should be used. We even checked with SNK what term we should use - I was fully expecting the guys in Osaka to say ROM/Home Console. What came back.......AES...

We do however have a statement in the book about the fact SNK called the system simply the Neo-Geo and referred to ROM or ROM Cassette. AES was a term coined in the west to refer to the home system.

We are taking a break - around a week or so before revisiting it with fresh eyes for the final push before printing.

Cheers.
    Frazer
    Last edited by frazer99; 04-02-2017 at 04:57 AM.

King's Dry Cleaner

I was fully expecting the guys in Osaka to say ROM/Home Console. What came back.......AES...
    Funny, some things have a way of sticking. This one has inched its way into fairly official territory. Update sounds great, looking forward to the pre-order. Congrats on getting through so much work during March, guys. Enjoy the pause!

NEST Puppet

Interesting bit of info on the naming. I'm really looking forward to the book.

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

thanks for the update. I guess it's fully possible a Japanese edition might be in the future... that'd make for a nice cultural feedback

B. Jenet's Firstmate

Great update!
    400 plus pages of goodness!

You are in the final stretch, good luck!

Mac's Bar Bouncer

Excited to see the finished work. Is this all home console info or is there some MVS/ counter culture info as well?

Another Striker

Hello Frazer,
    I apologize for late to join here ... I stay away from Neogeo for years but it's not mean to forgive collection.
    Your book makes me feel exciting to come back for Neogeo again. I will have pre-order if you are ready ... I will choose both normal and special edition

Thank for nice doing ...

Regards
    Saad
    "When I was young, I thought that money was the important thing in life ... now that I am old I know that it is" ..... Oscar Wilde said

Living on the wrong
    side of the Pennines

Quote Originally Posted by xsq View Post
    thanks for the update. I guess it's fully possible a Japanese edition might be in the future... that'd make for a nice cultural feedback
    Yes the Japanese text will be available for a potential Jpn language version
    Twitter: @NeoGeoCollector
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/NGCollector
    NEOGEO: A Visual History - Official SNK Book: www.neogeobook.co.uk

Other Projects:
    www.neogeocollector.co.uk
    www.supercarwedding.co.uk
    www.fordmustangwedding.co.uk

Living on the wrong
    side of the Pennines

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCverA View Post
    Excited to see the finished work. Is this all home console info or is there some MVS/ counter culture info as well?
    It's mainly MVS and ROM (more of the latter) but also includes some CD, Hyper 64 and Pocket.

Thread Information