Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast
Results 601 to 625 of 650

Thread: Official SNK Neo-Geo Book: NEOGEO: A VISUAL HISTORY ネオジオ〜目で楽しむ軌跡〜 (Publisher Bitmap Books)

  1. #601
    Camel Slug
    Yamazaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Seeheim, Germany

    Posts
    652
    LOL

    I saw it coming though..

  2. #602
    ネオジオ
    massimiliano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    On the green!!

    Posts
    2,810
    Hello everyone,

    as mentioned, I've been in Japan in the last weeks, and had a couple of meetings with SNK (both Tokyo branch and Osaka HQ) to talk about the book.

    First of all, I'd like to share how enthusiast the company is about the final result "beyond our expectations" quoting the head of marketing division.

    Again, kudos to the whole team I had the privilege to work with, Sam, Frazer, Brian and all who contributed.

    Here some pics I hope will delight all fans (despite the usual constrains I had in terms of taking shots), it has been quite a long year of hard work, but the enthusiast comments all around socials and here are the greatest reward...enjoy!

    (main entrance of the Esaka HQ)
    image1.JPG

    Entrance showroom:
    image3.JPG

    ..with the book placed right in front!
    image2.JPG

    Here with Nishikawa-kun, who has been the person in SNK working with us, providing all the exclusive content and fact checking
    nishikawa.jpg

    Tokyo branch
    image6.JPG

    with Adam L. overseas Marketing manager, an old friend from the time of the interview I did almost 10 years ago!
    adam.jpg

    image5.JPG

    Will get a development team coral pic with the book (including Oda sensei) in few days, will post hopefully soon.

    ...we had the chance to talk about upcoming projects, and while under NDA, I can tell you there is a lot of good stuff coming and definitively a team of passionate people working on it.

    Later with more updates!

    Massimiliano
    Last edited by massimiliano; 11-10-2017 at 12:12 PM. Reason: typo
    凄いゲームを連れて。。。売った。

  3. #603
    Occult Archmage
    F4U57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    NSW

    Posts
    5,592
    Thanks for the update and pics!

  4. #604
    Caught Flipping.
    Deal With At Own Risk.

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spain

    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthquake24 View Post
    https://m.ebay.com/itm/Neo-Geo-AES-C...0AAOSw-jFZ~zek

    You're going pretty high at $574.00 with this so quick now aren't you?
    Yes!!! I listed for 395 initially but when i saw this yahoo auction i thought maybe i can up the "special price" a little more. Great "discount".

    Quote Originally Posted by gum_drops View Post
    I see he is flipping nes mini's also. What a leech.
    Many thanks for your support and greetings from Spain.

  5. #605
    Southern Pounce.
    DaytimeDreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Milton Keynes, UK

    Posts
    671
    Games that are not played
    Vinyls that are not heard
    Books that are not read
    T-shirts that are not weared


    What's next?

  6. #606
    Caught Flipping.
    Deal With At Own Risk.

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spain

    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by DaytimeDreamer View Post
    Books that are not read
    T-shirts that are not weared
    In my honest opinion i think this book is not to read, it's only to see pictures after pictures. Very few interest content.

    And the T-Shirt has very bad quality, not to use one time in the washing machine if you wanna conserv the picture.

  7. #607
    NEST Puppet
    joala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    over east

    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtuaNEStor View Post
    Very few interest content.
    Few are interested in the content of the book? Have you even read this thread?

    What a fucking dumb comment.
    Spice god of Borneo...


  8. #608
    Caught Flipping.
    Deal With At Own Risk.

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spain

    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by joala View Post
    Few are interested in the content of the book? Have you even read this thread?

    What a fucking dumb comment.
    Sorry, my english is bad. The book has no interest content (for me). Only pictures, pictures and more pictures after pictures.

  9. #609
    NEST Puppet
    joala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    over east

    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtuaNEStor View Post
    Sorry, my english is bad. The book has no interest content (for me). Only pictures, pictures and more pictures after pictures.
    I think thats worse - buying something you have no interest in, just to flip at an exorbitant profit? I dont think that will get you many fans here bro.
    Spice god of Borneo...


  10. #610
    Caught Flipping.
    Deal With At Own Risk.

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spain

    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by joala View Post
    I think thats worse - buying something you have no interest in, just to flip at an exorbitant profit? I dont think that will get you many fans here bro.
    I had many interest in but after i saw youtube unboxings and reviews, pictures in this thread and finally when the book arrives... i decided to sell. I only have this copy.

    For sure if i win some money.... perfect. why not?, i can buy one more game for mi collection.

    I know that i won't get any fan for this. It's normal i'm happy with the opinion of everybody.

  11. #611
    Another Striker
    Morden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Neo Geo World

    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by gum_drops View Post
    I see he is flipping nes mini's also. What a leech.
    This is something I just can't stand. I don't even want to list the number of times I missed my chance of buying something, only to see it pop up on eBay with its price doubled, at best. Sure, I could have bought several copies of Pier Solar and sold the extra ones for profit, but I'm not an asshole. In all of my life, it has never even crossed my mind to flip shit this way. People doing this deserve an instant permaban.

  12. #612
    Caught Flipping.
    Deal With At Own Risk.

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spain

    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Morden View Post
    This is something I just can't stand. I don't even want to list the number of times I missed my chance of buying something, only to see it pop up on eBay with its price doubled, at best. Sure, I could have bought several copies of Pier Solar and sold the extra ones for profit, but I'm not an asshole. In all of my life, it has never even crossed my mind to flip shit this way. People doing this deserve an instant permaban.
    I don't know why they deserve permaban if they doesn't broke any forum law. In my case i didn't put any link, i didn't insult anybody i give my opinion with fully respect. I bought ONE COPY of Mega Edition, i recieve the item and i'm not convince about it... i wanna sell it. If i win some extra money with this: PERFECT!!!. If i have luck i will buy another game or item for my collection. That's all.

  13. #613
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx

    Posts
    9,041
    OK... I've been thinking about this... and here are my thoughts...

    1. VirtuaNEStor has strictly done nothing against forum rules... he brought the stuff and yes... he's flipping it...
    2. I agree this sits poorly with me... he brought and is flipping a copy of the Mega Edition and it could've gone to someone else...BUT... first come first serve...
    3. The price point is sorta LOL...

    The only real question is it within the remit of the mod team to be the moral arbitrators over something like this...

    xROTx

  14. #614
    Caught Flipping.
    Deal With At Own Risk.

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spain

    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    OK... I've been thinking about this... and here are my thoughts...

    1. VirtuaNEStor has strictly done nothing against forum rules... he brought the stuff and yes... he's flipping it...
    2. I agree this sits poorly with me... he brought and is flipping a copy of the Mega Edition and it could've gone to someone else...BUT... first come first serve...
    3. The price point is sorta LOL...

    The only real question is it within the remit of the mod team to be the moral arbitrators over something like this...

    xROTx
    Hi Rot!!!. I only bought one copy of the book. I bought one Mega Edition. Not four. Finally i'm not 100% convince about this item and i'm trying to sell. With the money i will buy another Neo Geo item, it depends if i get 500 or 50... I start with 500 only to try. Who knows, maybe i have luck and get money for one Ninja Commando or Real Bout FF 2. And yes; you are right: 500 is crazy price... i have time to reduce the price in future.

    But please this thread is not to talk about my auction on ebay!!!

    Greetings from Spain!!
    Last edited by VirtuaNEStor; 11-08-2017 at 07:33 AM.

  15. #615
    Calvin & Hobbes

    Rot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    InChatKthx

    Posts
    9,041
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtuaNEStor View Post
    Hi Rot!!!. I only bought one copy of the book. I bought one Mega Edition. Not four. Finally i'm not 100% convince about this item and i'm trying to sell. With the money i will buy another Neo Geo item, it depends if i get 500 or 50... I start with 500 only to try. Who knows, maybe i have luck and get money for one Ninja Commando or Real Bout FF 2. And yes; you are right: 500 is crazy price... i have time to reduce the price in future.

    Greetings from Spain!!
    My mistake...

    EDITED...

  16. #616
    Caught Flipping.
    Deal With At Own Risk.

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spain

    Posts
    27
    I sold!!

  17. #617
    Host for Orochi
    suicidekiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany

    Posts
    1,270
    And who is the lucky winner?


    Quote Originally Posted by Pep
    Your nickname suits very well for someone who has decided collecting NGH

  18. #618
    Another Striker
    Morden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Neo Geo World

    Posts
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by suicidekiller View Post
    And who is the lucky winner?
    Not me! All this Neo Geo book talk made me want to get it, but I just bought the hardcover for £38.99 shipped.

  19. #619

  20. #620
    Caught Flipping.
    Deal With At Own Risk.

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spain

    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post


    xROTx
    I don't know why you put those marks on my profile.

    1- I'm a simple collector who was collecting during 15 years. I bought thousen games and sold hundred games too. I never lie, never scam anybody. I only sell one game when i don't wanna keep in my collection. I win 500 euros with this book but i lose the only book i had. Did you and rest members of the forum sell the games for the same price you bought?

    2- You said the mods won't be the moral arbitrators... But what about to put those marks on my profile? is it a moral arbitration?

    3- It's not my fault they made only 330 copies of Mega Edition. ¿For what? For collectors??? or for extreme colectors?? The book cost 29 pounds. They wanna the book for read or they wanna the mega edition to be the coolest collector ever? For what they made three diferent editions? it's crazy. You allready know how this freak collection world works. For what to make Mega Editions with only 330 copies...

    4- I know there are some members who doesn't get the mega edition. I apologise and hope that they can get the edition soonest and cheapest possible.

    5- There are members like Dion Dakis and his partners who really scam the people and they doesnt hace this unrespectable marks on their profiles. Why me?.

    I hope yoy let me configurate my profile like a normal member. Sorry my english and greetings from Spain.
    Last edited by VirtuaNEStor; 11-08-2017 at 01:50 PM.

  21. #621
    Divine Hand of the UniBIOS
    Razoola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Finland, Earth

    Posts
    4,182
    Seriously dude, if you would have listed it for the price you paid for it + shipping then everything would be cool. But you have openly said in not so many words that you listed it for a higher price and good for me if I get more. People here do not look so kindly on this kind of stuff, especially when you consider one of the people behind this book (NeoTurfMasta) has spent thousands over the years on freely giving to the NeoGeo community. I'm going to highlight Dark Seed here as a prime example.
    Last edited by Razoola; 11-08-2017 at 02:03 PM.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

  22. #622
    Caught Flipping.
    Deal With At Own Risk.

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spain

    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
    Seriously dude, if you would have listed it for the price you paid for it + shipping then everything would be cool. But you have openly said in not so many words that you listed it for a higher price and good for me if I get more. People here do not look so kindly on this kind of stuff, especially when you consider one of the people behind this book (NeoTurfMasta) has spent thousands over the years on freely giving to the NeoGeo community. I'm going to highlight Dark Seed here as a prime example.
    For sure!!. I'm happy with this and i give my congrats for persons like this. But i don't have the obligation to sell the book for the same price i bought. And there isn't any rule in this forum which reads that if you sold this book overpriced you will get unrespecteable marks.... I asked; everybody in this forum are selling their games for the same price they bought?

    I didn't put the link of my auction. Somebody linked and asked to me, i respond my reason with calm and respect. Why i don't deserve the same?

  23. #623
    Global Moderator
    Voice of Reason
    RyoGeo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    PDX, Ore

    Posts
    2,477
    Here's the deal, ace. Members here are VERY wary of people buying things on the forum, at forum member prices, and then running to eBay to flip them for a lot more than they paid here. People here like to sell low to trusted members at lower than market prices. It's a nice thing to do. It feels good. It's like selling to friends.

    You have shown that you are a profiteer. You bought a pretty limited item, put a HUGE mark up on it, and are now crying foul when people here don't like the practice. Sellers here deserve to know how you go about business.

    • Members can still sell to you if they like.
    • You can (try to) still buy here if you like.
    • Did you do anything illegal? No.
    • Have you been kicked off the site? No.
    • Is your access here restricted? No.
    • Did you do a douche thing that impacts how you are viewed here by our membership base? Yes.


    You did a thing, and now you live with the repercussions of that thing. That's life. You don't have to like it. And, to be honest, that you are surprised by the reaction here tells me you really don't know how this place works.

  24. #624
    赤裸裸的汽車人
    Tripredacus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Buffalo

    Posts
    3,765
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtuaNEStor View Post
    I didn't put the link of my auction. Somebody linked and asked to me, i respond my reason with calm and respect. Why i don't deserve the same?
    See, this is exactly why you should have a different name on Ebay than on forums.
    Official Chat: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/misc.php?do=flashchat

    dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.

  25. #625
    Divine Hand of the UniBIOS
    Razoola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Finland, Earth

    Posts
    4,182
    Quote Originally Posted by VirtuaNEStor View Post
    For sure!!. I'm happy with this and i give my congrats for persons like this. But i don't have the obligation to sell the book for the same price i bought. And there isn't any rule in this forum which reads that if you sold this book overpriced you will get unrespecteable marks.... I asked; everybody in this forum are selling their games for the same price they bought?

    I didn't put the link of my auction. Somebody linked and asked to me, i respond my reason with calm and respect. Why i don't deserve the same?
    You are right that you are free to buy and sell for any price you want. But given the price you paid for it and the price you sold it for the forum mods have a duty to let other members know what your about when it comes to buying and selling NeoGeo and other game related items. You own admission here that you have no problem over inflating prices and clearly you know how it goes (given point three in your other post).

    You should actually feel privileged you have been given the flippin for profit tag, this is exactly what you are about by your own admission.
    Last edited by Razoola; 11-08-2017 at 02:23 PM.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •