Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Official SNK Neo-Geo Book: NEOGEO: A VISUAL HISTORY ネオジオ〜目で楽しむ軌跡〜 (Publisher Bitmap Books)

Living on the wrong
    side of the Pennines

Quote Originally Posted by jeff bogard View Post
    i'm actually worried about my item not getting in time. I'll be moving from here in November and I don't know if it'll be stuck in limbo.
    I'd be highly surprised if it's November - I'd estimate 2nd week in October. The shipping with DHL will be rapid.

I wanted to clear something up here about this book being on Amazon and people saying it is exclusive to bitmap. I have pre-ordered many bitmap books from amazon and the Neo Geo book has been up for pre-order on amazon for months. It now says it is out of stock and they are no longer taking pre-orders, but the 3 i had ordered still stand as does the upcoming snes bitmap book i pre-ordered from there. Just want to clear this up for you guys in the states who want to save quite a bit of money. This is not exclusive to bitmap for pre-order.

Living on the wrong
    side of the Pennines

Quote Originally Posted by loganm187 View Post
    I wanted to clear something up here about this book being on Amazon and people saying it is exclusive to bitmap. I have pre-ordered many bitmap books from amazon and the Neo Geo book has been up for pre-order on amazon for months. It now says it is out of stock and they are no longer taking pre-orders, but the 3 i had ordered still stand as does the upcoming snes bitmap book i pre-ordered from there. Just want to clear this up for you guys in the states who want to save quite a bit of money. This is not exclusive to bitmap for pre-order.
    Correction. It is exclusive to Bitmap Books. Amazon posted the listings using the ISBN submission which originally had the estimated release date of 25th August. After repeated calls to Amazon, the UK listings were removed but Amazon US effectively told Bitmap Books - we can do what we like. After the 25th of August (the date Amazon said the book would be available and the estimated date on the ISBN submission), the listings now show out of stock. Anyone's order will presumably just be put on hold. I can confirm that no stock is being shipped to Amazon nor are there any plans to. The tweets from Bitmap Books sums it up.

Last edited by frazer99; 09-05-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Die Gans

Quote Originally Posted by frazer99 View Post
    I can confirm that no stock is being shipped to Amazon nor are there any plans to.
    Wise decision. I remember reading a BBC article about Amazon trying to reprint books themselves without the approval of the original publishers.
    Originally Posted by kernow:
    Serious, serious problems man, you have them.

Living on the wrong
    side of the Pennines

More teaser images:

Living on the wrong
    side of the Pennines

and some more.....

Last edited by frazer99; 09-07-2017 at 01:53 PM.

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

Ukyo's Doctor

i'm actually worried about my item not getting in time. I'll be moving from here in November and I don't know if it'll be stuck in limbo.
    US? Mail forwarding.
    Looking for UK copies of Dive Alert Becky's Version, Puzzle Link 1 and 2, Gals Fighters, and Pocket Reversi.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41108&dateline=145772  3980

Living on the wrong
    side of the Pennines

Collectors Edition - This has sold exceptionally well. Expecting this to sell out before the end of this month.

Yamazaki's Wingman

I'd be highly surprised if it's November - I'd estimate 2nd week in October. The shipping with DHL will be rapid.
    im actually worried, i might change my shipping address, my moving date is pretty much nov 1, worst comes to worst

If i haven't given you feedback on market, PM me. I tend to forget. Please...

Looking for the following mooks:
    kof 94-01, 03, XI, XIII
    Awesome Sellers:
    bokmeow, RingoC, Pocketgamer, RocketLawnChair, hines1515, Adam Gallant, NTSC-J, JHendrix, subcons, kitkit
    Awesome Buyers:
    Romanmcm

Living on the wrong
    side of the Pennines

Couple more photos to show the size of the book:

B. Jenet's Firstmate

Missed out on the mega edition, but I'm lucky they still have the collectors edition this close to release. Not too happy with DHL, but if that's the only option you either deal with it or you don't. this is going to make a great coffee table book.

Man, $55 USD shipped for me since you guys scared me off from Amazon. Our dollar is getting killed! The book looks to be worth it though.

Nerdygrrl's Boy Toy

Man, $55 USD shipped for me since you guys scared me off from Amazon. Our dollar is getting killed! The book looks to be worth it though.
    It is not as good as it was a year ago but it could be worse.

Put in an order for the CE today.

Last edited by gum_drops; 09-13-2017 at 10:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by garoudensetsu View Post
    Yes it take some time for it but now out of closet and open for sex from men. I homosexual proudly declare it to all to see. None of that weight can be over shoulders anymore. Regards

Chang's Grocer

Man, $55 USD shipped for me since you guys scared me off from Amazon.
    Should've been $50 shipped - ng.com's gold standard for SNK items ;).

Living on the wrong
    side of the Pennines

im actually worried, i might change my shipping address, my moving date is pretty much nov 1, worst comes to worst
    Latest update on delivery timescales is the bulk shipping from the printers was delayed by a week due to bad weather so it's looking like around the 20th October to land in the UK. After that 3-4 days before they arrive with customers - It's going to be close so switching your delivery address is probably the best option.

For anyone that hasn't ordered the Collectors Edition yet (and wants one), please do so now. I'll post when stocks are down to the last copies. There are no plans to reprint the Collectors Editions.

Living on the wrong
    side of the Pennines

Latest update from Bitmap Books on NEOGEO: A Visual History.

Delivery
    The books are currently en route on a vessel and are due to arrive into the UK around October 20th. Due to bad weather at sea this has slipped by a few days as I was originally hoping they would arrive nearer to the start of October. As soon as they arrive, they will be packed and sent out.

Amazon
    We have also received messages asking about the aforementioned misleading Amazon listings. We've clarified this before but those listings on Amazon have been scraped from the ISBN database. A book has to be registered to receive an ISBN number and the data is then available to view. We've never had this issue before but Amazon (and a few other retailers) have decided to list the book without asking permission. That wouldn't normally be an issue but they've stated a false release date in August and also in some cases, the price is discounted. Please ignore these listings. These retailers will not be getting stock.
    The standard edition will eventually appear on Amazon.co.uk legitimately but this will be after the date you guys get your books. The way sales are going, there's no guarantee that there will be any books left so pre-ordering is the only way to guarantee a copy.
    Last edited by frazer99; 09-17-2017 at 10:15 AM.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

I've ordered this from Bitmap. Amazing product, and great to see a UK contribution to the hobby :-)

Dogg-Father

Quote Originally Posted by Pinball View Post
    I've ordered this from Bitmap. Amazing product, and great to see a UK contribution to the hobby :-)
    you mean besides Rot, right...
    _ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by Neodogg View Post
    you mean besides Rot, right...
    Of course :-)

Rot is unsurpassed.

Living on the wrong
    side of the Pennines

Promo Video for the NEOGEO Book and update:

Video by Stu Brett

T-shirts, stickers and badges arriving at fulfilment house - Approx 15/10
    Books arriving at the fulfilment house - Approx 19/10
    Packing and shipping commences - Approx 23/10
    All parcels are sent tracked which is much faster then normal mail so the books will arrive in October as promised.

Collector's Edition only available as a pre-order exclusive until October 14th.

Again, thanks for your patience.

Sam Dyer (Bitmap Books)
    Last edited by frazer99; 10-11-2017 at 04:53 PM.

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Promo Video for the NEOGEO Book and update:

https://youtu.be/Cp_yR0CtRd4

Video by Stu Brett
    Visuals were good, nicely done all in all... but glad I've not purchased that music

Looking forward to the book!

Timid Neo Newbie

Very beautiful book.
    Good job.

Меня зовут радуга вспомогательный bloodhokuto's Avatar

Wow, love the video, really looking forward to it!

Living on the wrong
    side of the Pennines

If you'd like to win a copy of a Collectors Edition, Sam Dyer and I joined the RGDS team for a podcast released on Friday:

http://retrogamingdailyshow.libsyn.com/

Thread Information