yoshi41

Crazed MVS Addict
I have the same cab (AC) and the same Trinitron. But not sooooo many carts. :D

Great collection. You're crazy man. :buttrock:

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
So much great stuff here!

I love the NEO-GEO KIOSK! That's great!! Also love the shelving and the way you've covered up the AES games with that NEO-GEO cover!

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
I knew this one would be amazing and yes it lived up to it and beyond. Thanks for sharing your treasures with us!

By the way, that's the nicest Hotel Unit I've ever seen. Still has all those various stickers on it. Did you get it as NOS?

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Amazing collection, and fantastic pictures! Thanks for sharing.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Hi, thanks everybody! sorry for the late reply! (working on the book! fortunately it is 99% finished!)

BlackaneseNiNja said:
That is really interesting massi. Is it possible to ballpark when this change occurred? Thank you for sharing!

Humm... I guess somewhere in 1991? Need to crosscheck the phone number advertised in price lists (if the same of the hot line..probably not), so the last game title reported will give you an idea of the date (the games have been re-printed so that's kinda hard to say from them)

totoro said:
Very impressive collection as mentioned...
Did you have to move all that from Italy to USA???

I shipped a lot of stuff and sold the cabinets, while I kept some other things in Italy...never again!

FAT$TACKS said:
That's an awesome collection. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Also, I never realized that your avatar pic was your actual picture of you, until now.

hahaha!! you got me indeed..

SIMIONI said:
Super collection Massimiliano!!! What history about this bag? I have one too, came with gold system dogtag. Thx!!

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/attach...1&d=1487279308

This is the JPN carry bag offered to rental customers or often as a prize for the first persons buying the console after July 1st 1991 relaunch or participating in magazine contests.

K1ngArth3r said:
So much great stuff here!
I love the NEO-GEO KIOSK! That's great!! Also love the shelving and the way you've covered up the AES games with that NEO-GEO cover!

Someone noticed it! Thanks a lot...got the vector, which was cut to compensate the shelf doors space, made by a member here..can't remember his name but he did a great job!

I knew this one would be amazing and yes it lived up to it and beyond. Thanks for sharing your treasures with us!

By the way, that's the nicest Hotel Unit I've ever seen. Still has all those various stickers on it. Did you get it as NOS?

Thanks, not a NOS no,it definitively was used before, few scratches here and there, nothign bad though. Story behind it is that I won the yahoo auction (I guess 2008ish) and got it shipped to a friend's house close to Osaka, where it stayed for 4 months, until I went there and carefully dismounted it, so I could ship it *safely* to Italy...here you can read about when I mounted it back cleaning it a bit further...(and dumping the bios now available in MAME!) :

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?194023-Neo-Geo-Deck-(Hotel-Unit)-bios-dumped

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Very nice. Looked at buying a Neo 19 recently, but was shocked as to the price they're fetching.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Thanks guys!

ugh, that button layout though...

I initially had the same doubts, not only the 4th button position but the short panel too.

As expected from a cabinet produced in 92-93 for small locations (need to check but IIRC the whole new line Neo-XX came in 94, with a standard layout also for the Neo-19) focus is on 3 buttons, as most of the games where using the 4th one maybe just for taunt in fighting back then.

Turns out that the short panel is actually an advantage IMO, as the palm rests more naturally...also once you get used to the 4th button is not a deal breaker...but definitively a strange choice...SNK style!

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
No kidding. This is an awesome collection, Mass.

That rare Neo Geo hotel until looks great!

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Thanks guys!

I initially had the same doubts, not only the 4th button position but the short panel too.

As expected from a cabinet produced in 92-93 for small locations (need to check but IIRC the whole new line Neo-XX came in 94, with a standard layout also for the Neo-19) focus is on 3 buttons, as most of the games where using the 4th one maybe just for taunt in fighting back then.

Turns out that the short panel is actually an advantage IMO, as the palm rests more naturally...also once you get used to the 4th button is not a deal breaker...but definitively a strange choice...SNK style!

Greatly informative as always! Love the cab and thank you for sharing the layout details with us :buttrock:

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
That is a beautiful collection and setup. Very classy VERY awsome, my hat and jaw to you sir!

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Thanks guys!

@itsofrustrating, the posters are just framed but with anti-UVA glass (no lamination/plastic or drymount)