What would happen... Classic Games

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Well maybe Slackers has less variety on top of quantity so they're willing to pay up more for it as it can get people in there? Hopefully if/when they catch up to the others they don't change their policies as it'll drive off loyal customers who feed their shelves. That's what happened around here. Half Price Books 4 years back started using the highest BIN prices on video games to do their stickers. The local area chain couldn't compete as people would run there, buy the stuff, and HBP would give them more in return so it forced the locals to price match. Since then they have a decent stack of commons, and of the nicer stuff either rarely comes in, or some of it because of marks/condition things I know have been sitting in there for a very long time. They put the effort into dusting it off and raising the sticker prices as needed (how nice) but it's the same shit, some of it for years now you find people fight over online for that are sure fire sales.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I don't get the point of this thread.

OP took some games into used game stores. Proprietors of said stores didn't know shit about video games, and offered him less than top-dollar. Someone pick me up off the floor and hand me a pitchfork. :thevt:

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I understand what he did, I just don't understand reporting about it like its some revelation.

In any case here is something funny that my cousin told me when he was at a salvation army. He saw a base TurboGrafx 16 no cd attachment and almost got it but some young whippersnapper even younger than him got it proclaiming "I can't wait to play Castlevania on this thing".

Also my goodwill are fucking idiots. They have two PS1's for $40 each, no av cables in the glass case like its fucking special. The two controllers certainly makes it worth it no? This stupid pricing happened around two to three years ago and I inquired who does the pricing since shit is massively off. The lady said "we have an expert who does the pricing". Finds have been shit there for years (probably in due part to them sending shit off to shopgoodwill.com), best thing i've found was a few months ago and it was a loose Sega Master System for $3.

It is crazy that people still do not know how to use ebay in the year 2017 of our lord and savior though or how to fucking google.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Nowadays, why bother without making a video.

A stumped look on someone would at least be worth a laugh.

FatStacks could have pulled off the storytelling.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I understand what he did, I just don't understand reporting about it like its some revelation.

In any case here is something funny that my cousin told me when he was at a salvation army. He saw a base TurboGrafx 16 no cd attachment and almost got it but some young whippersnapper even younger than him got it proclaiming "I can't wait to play Castlevania on this thing".

Also my goodwill are fucking idiots. They have two PS1's for $40 each, no av cables in the glass case like its fucking special. The two controllers certainly makes it worth it no? This stupid pricing happened around two to three years ago and I inquired who does the pricing since shit is massively off. The lady said "we have an expert who does the pricing". Finds have been shit there for years (probably in due part to them sending shit off to shopgoodwill.com), best thing i've found was a few months ago and it was a loose Sega Master System for $3.

It is crazy that people still do not know how to use ebay in the year 2017 of our lord and savior though or how to fucking google.

Sometimes they are just retarded. I found a complete PS2 with cables - no controller for $10.
Another find was a chibi robo 3DS new game + amiibo for $10.
THey were trying to sell the sealed game alone for $24 lol

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
If there was title/reward for being the most stupid goodwill ever, it would be my goodwill. I've seen them put stickers on stuff $3 for something that has a $1 yard sale sticker/walmart price tag.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I thought that was the point of goodwill, to leave garage sale stickers on stuff while doubling or tripling the asking price because 'they are retail.' :D

I've seen plenty of stupid stuff too, pretty much everyone has. What gets me is that one trick I've seen pop up that's just offensive. You get a loose system for the price of a complete one with the cables, but then they put the controllers to the side and charge extra for each. I mean ...really?! It's like a total fuck you moment.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
I thought that was the point of goodwill, to leave garage sale stickers on stuff while doubling or tripling the asking price because 'they are retail.' :D

I've seen plenty of stupid stuff too, pretty much everyone has. What gets me is that one trick I've seen pop up that's just offensive. You get a loose system for the price of a complete one with the cables, but then they put the controllers to the side and charge extra for each. I mean ...really?! It's like a total fuck you moment.

That's why you connect them into the system before bringing it up to the counter, n00b.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I found a copy of Rambo NES for like $3 at Goodwill but haven't played it yet. Is it anygood?

Tanooki

War Room Troll
That's why you connect them into the system before bringing it up to the counter, n00b.

Can't connect them when they keep it behind a glass case or counter with the controllers and cables thrown into a 1GAL ziplock bag with many stickers on it, then the system elsewhere in the case with its own different price. Trust me if they were out as such I would have done just that. They say two wrongs don't make a right, but I'd call it one wrong correcting a wrong in that case. What's next, selling all DVD/BR players with detachable power cords separately? Perhaps they can sell a used blender but then sell the canister on top on the side for twice the price.

CrystalCore

Crazed MVS Addict

Well, some people don't want to be or can't be bothered to use E-bay. That's their choice, of course.