The OFFICIAL... Neosd MicroSD Card thread...

MkidTrigun

n00b
Just tested a SanDisk Ultra 32GB UHS-1 card in my NeoSD MVS running 1.05 R05-

Magician Lord: 0'21"
King of Fighters 2003: 2'34"

Dug this card out of my GCW-Zero that I hardly touch anymore so the card is a few years old, but it still put up these amazing times. Great stuff all around!

f0rm0za

n00b
1) microSDHC 16Gb 533x (SDSQUNC-016G-GN6MA)
Spoiler:
sdcard for sdneo_k.jpg

2) Firmware 1.05 R05
3) Loading time:
a. KOF2003 2:42 (erase+burn) 2:50 (restart and loaded game)
b. Magician Lord 0:20 (erase+burn) 0:26 (restart and loaded game)

Last edited:

pollsoda

n00b
1) microSDHC Sandisk Ultra 32GB UHS-1 (10); formatted FAT32 with 64kB sector size
2) Firmware 1.05 R05
3) Have not measure loading times, but they're <1min generally. TODO: measure speed

If you have issues, you may try formatting with a larger sector size. I'll time my load times for those games here shortly. No issues otherwise.

Sniper

n00b
Dear All,

I want to buy SD card for my Flash Cart that I just bought.

The SD card should include all NEO GEO games, both AES and MVS with full descriptions and images.

I am open for all offers and I will pay Cash by Western Union or, my friend's PayPal and the shipment to his address.

Please send offers to my E-mail:
ibrahim22477@gmail.com

Regards,

Sniper

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Dear All,

The SD card should include all NEO GEO games, both AES and MVS with full descriptions and images.

I am open for all offers and I will pay Cash by Western Union or, my friend's PayPal and the shipment to his address.

ibrahim22477@gmail.com

Regards,

Sniper

Seems legit.

Should I send the card to an intermediary, or can I just send it straight to the caliphate?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Dear All,

ibrahim22477@gmail.com

Regards,

Sniper

Err... why? Just asking...

If you have been paying attention... there's no need for this...

Sniper

n00b
Thanks for your reply.
I don't have PayPal account and if I want to buy anything from internet, I asked my friend to pay for me and I pay him cash.

When I talk about address, sure the address should be to the same person who paid, otherwise, there might be a fraud.

Anyways, I appreciate your reply.

Regards,

Sniper

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Thanks for your reply.
I don't have PayPal account and if I want to buy anything from internet, I asked my friend to pay for me and I pay him cash.

When I talk about address, sure the address should be to the same person who paid, otherwise, there might be a fraud.

Anyways, I appreciate your reply.

Regards,

Sniper

NO... What I mean is... you could easily buy your own 16GB microSD card and then go HERE:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ort-thread-!&p=4140218&viewfull=1#post4140218

TWO FILES...

The BIG one is the main file... the SMALL one is a RBFF1 Korean variant that was found recently...

BOTH files are password protected...

You will find me in chat... or you will be allowed a ONE time PM to acquire the password(s)...

Copy and paste onto your microSD card... simple..

xROTx

PS. DISCLAIMER... I have access to the passwords only... the files are not mine... (just sayin'...)...

Sniper

n00b
Thanks ...

In fact, I am very weak on this computer stuff.

I am old gamer and NEO GEO is the last Console I played in my life.

I know how to play only .... I tried these new things such as SD and Micro SD cards and I damaged few devices and I decided

I'll be waiting for offers.

Thanks,

Sniper

Sniper

n00b
Sorry ... forgot to complete my words.

I mean that I decided not to do any technical PC stuff because I don't know how to deal with it.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Thanks ...

In fact, I am very weak on this computer stuff.

I am old gamer and NEO GEO is the last Console I played in my life.

I know how to play only .... I tried these new things such as SD and Micro SD cards and I damaged few devices and I decided

I'll be waiting for offers.

Thanks,

Sniper

Then.. you may have issues...

Knowing the lads as I do... the reliable people will ignore your request...

There's a lot of reasons for it...

I would wish you luck but you may need slightly more than usual if you can't download a file... unzip it... and copy/paste it onto a microsd card...

xROTx

PS. It's not about the money btw...

Sniper

n00b
Thanks again ....

I will wait for offers .... this is all what can I do now.

Regards

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Thanks again ....

I will wait for offers .... this is all what can I do now.

Regards

Maybe to pass the time, you and 11 or 12 of your colleagues can learn how to fly passenger planes filled with enough fuel for a trip across the United States.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Dear All,

ibrahim22477@gmail.com

Regards,

Sniper

Hello Sniper,

We have sent you an email about your order today.

You have purchased your neosd with UPS and put a postal box as delivery address.

Ups canエt ship to postal boxes, could you please answer us by email ?

Thanks

Sniper

n00b
Thanks to all
Dear FilthyRear: I am not blaming you, I am blaming my self as I should respect my age and not to post anything or reply your posts.
I am leaving this forum.
Regards,
Sniper

massimiliano

&#12493;&#12458;&#12472;&#12458;,
20 Year Member
C'mon Sniper dude, don't let a silly comment let you down...if FilthyRear didn't like you already, he wouldn't even posted!

massimiliano

&#12493;&#12458;&#12472;&#12458;,
20 Year Member
not sure if I understand, what I was trying to say is that leaving the forum seems a bit too drastic. Up to you of course.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
not sure if I understand, what I was trying to say is that leaving the forum seems a bit too drastic. Up to you of course.

Some people aren't designed to be on NG.com... best for them to leave nicely...

xROTx

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
leaving the forum might not be enough. i can be your kaishakunin.

Sunken

n00b
Is there a sector size recommended when you format in FAT32? Did you noticed a difference in the loading times?

toaks

n00b
When formatting the SD Card for NeoSD does the cluster size matter? What should it be set to?

neodev

Neosd Tech
I used default size, which I think is 4096 bytes. It works perfectly.

Yes, the cluster size should matter, but I haven't done any research on what's the best one. Internally, NeoSD reads the SD data in 4KB blocks, so in theory, that should be the most efficient cluster size, but the one I normally use is 32KB and it's very fast.
What matters most is that the files are not fragmented and the files are contiguous in the directory order, so the MCU doesn't have to read the FAT table often if the clusters indices are within the same sector in the FAT.

A small story: This SD card I use, usually showed the "READING SD CARD" message for about 4 seconds while scanning my neo files. While doing some tests, I moved all my neo files to a directory and when finished, moved them back to the root, and then the message is only show for less than 1 second, so if you want to have a faster neosd menu entry time, try just moving all the .neo to a directory and then back to the root. This probably sets the directory table in the same order the roms are stored in the SD, and it minimizes the times the MCU has to read a new sector because the next directory entry is not right at the end of the previous one. Also I think moving them sorted by name improves this time.

For the actual rom loading time, I don't think the cluster size or fragmentation matter too much,as the actual bottleneck is the flash writting time, and the SD reading is double buffered so while waiting for a block to write to flash, a new one is requested to be read from the SD card, and the SD reading time is usually less than the flash writting time.