Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 38 of 38

Thread: Fixing a melted CD drive

  1. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    California

    Posts
    23,682
    Quote Originally Posted by SpamYouToDeath View Post
    There's a bit of work to do if I'm going to sell it - mainly, it needs some kind of graphical menu, some way of updating the firmware, and a user-accessible configuration. Right now I've hardcoded basically everything. (EDIT: Also I've only tried it on SCPH-1001 consoles - newer servo controllers might not like it.)


    Thanks, everyone, for the kind words.
    Heh, the PSX I have lying around is a 1001 "audiophile". The best model. I'm set.

  2. #27
    Kyo's Flame
    DanAdamKOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sunnyvale, CA http://www.twitch.tv/danadamkof

    Posts
    8,148
    Can it stream redbook audio?

  3. #28
    Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003
    TotalMoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    West Yorkshire, UK

    Posts
    61
    Quote Originally Posted by DanAdamKOF View Post
    Can it stream redbook audio?
    I think based on what he has said from the PSx using CD Audio in most cases it will play redbook audio yes.

  4. #29
    Watches My Little Pony
    With Cawk in Hand.

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by DanAdamKOF View Post
    Can it stream redbook audio?
    Sure, but... why?

    EDIT: If you're asking about CD-DA tracks on a PSX game, yes, no problems there. Also does double-speed XA streaming just fine - no more choppy FMV playback!
    Last edited by SpamYouToDeath; 03-17-2017 at 10:46 AM.
    I turned off signatures. So should you.

  5. #30
    AH
    A
    COLUMBIAN!
    aha2940's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Colombia

    Posts
    2,424
    Quote Originally Posted by SpamYouToDeath View Post
    There's a bit of work to do if I'm going to sell it - mainly, it needs some kind of graphical menu, some way of updating the firmware, and a user-accessible configuration. Right now I've hardcoded basically everything. (EDIT: Also I've only tried it on SCPH-1001 consoles - newer servo controllers might not like it.)


    Thanks, everyone, for the kind words.
    I have an SCPH7501 (one of the latest models AFAIK) that can be used for testing

  6. #31
    Kyo's Flame
    DanAdamKOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Sunnyvale, CA http://www.twitch.tv/danadamkof

    Posts
    8,148
    Quote Originally Posted by SpamYouToDeath View Post
    Sure, but... why?

    EDIT: If you're asking about CD-DA tracks on a PSX game, yes, no problems there. Also does double-speed XA streaming just fine - no more choppy FMV playback!
    Sorry, yeah that's what I meant, was just curious. Thank you!

  7. #32
    Bunker Buster
    goombakid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Orygun

    Posts
    1,458
    Quote Originally Posted by aha2940 View Post
    I have an SCPH7501 (one of the latest models AFAIK) that can be used for testing
    They should work with this current setup...unless something changed along the production for later models. I swapped a PSOne (scph-101, forgot what was wrong with it in the first place) into my old 1001 and it actually saved my 1001 from the scrap heap.

    But yeah, if you need any test units, I can stop by my local GW and pick some up for testing as well. I usually see 3 or 4 different models there at any given time.
    ...console emulation has no soul...

  8. #33
    Watches My Little Pony
    With Cawk in Hand.

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    5,299
    I've got a 7501 and a 9001 around here somewhere. I just need to dig them out.

    Yeah, they moved to newer CD chipsets over time. The later PSX motherboards have the SPU + DSP + servo controller all integrated. The oldest models have them discrete. (Datasheets are publicly available and you can stick probes on the signals inbetween, which helps.)
    I turned off signatures. So should you.

  9. #34
    Angel's Love Slave
    GadgetUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    UK

    Posts
    1,070
    Awesome job!!! Didn't see this until now! Do you plan on selling these?
    My YouTube channel contains some MVS repairs and stuff:-
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GadgetUK164

  10. #35
    Bunker Buster
    goombakid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Orygun

    Posts
    1,458
    Bumping to see if there's any new progress with this.
    ...console emulation has no soul...

  11. #36
    Watches My Little Pony
    With Cawk in Hand.

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    USA

    Posts
    5,299
    Quote Originally Posted by goombakid View Post
    Bumping to see if there's any new progress with this.
    Unfortunately, I took a job that precludes me from working further on this.

    If anyone wants the project files as they stand, PM me.
    I turned off signatures. So should you.

  12. #37
    .
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    United States

    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SpamYouToDeath View Post
    Unfortunately, I took a job that precludes me from working further on this.

    If anyone wants the project files as they stand, PM me.
    I am interested.

  13. #38
    .
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    California

    Posts
    1
    Made an account because I want this. Can't PM yet, but I really want to help get this on GitHub where it can be developed further.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •