Random Transformers talk

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
So, I never paid much attention to the transformer talk (robots, just had to specify that) in chat, etc. But fuck these combiner war toys are awesome looking, I wish I could drop some money on them without regarding it later lol. My younger self would have killed for devastator.

Anyone pick these up?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
They were cool...When I was 5. If I had them now they would just collect dust and disappear into my peripheral.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i think they were the coolest toys from the 80's, even better than the ninja turtles figures. my parents never bought me any transformers, but i did luckily find some in playgrounds a couple of times.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I've looked at them some a bit recently as my little girl is 5 now and there are some boys in her class who invite everyone to b'day parties so I've seen what you're talking about.

Personally I wouldn't bother, but that's only because I am old enough to have enjoyed the original toys a lot so I'm hung up on those. Quite a bit really though because a little over a year ago I got into collecting them and went nuts with it. I've got around roughly 70 of them all Generation 1, a few with the paperwork still and 4 have their boxes even. About 20% of them though are those little hotwheel sized bots and a portion of those are the even smaller micromasters. Largest stuff I have though would be Omega Supreme and Metroplex which are 2 of the boxed ones (Jazz which got me started and Starscream are the other two.)

If you're interested in the least bit at all when I get them I take pictures of each transformation to remind me how to do it when I pull one down once in awhile to mess with it as it's relaxing. http://s232.photobucket.com/user/tanooki-suit/library/Tanookis Finds/Transformers?sort=9&page=1

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
that beast war combiner guy that I only have the elephant left from say not quite 20 years ago, whats its name? there was a lion and eagle too pretty sure?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
In CW I have Devastator, Superion, Menasor, Computron, and most of Defensor. I like combiners quite a bit.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
I had a ton of G1 toys as a kid/teenager & got rid of all of them :(

I was in my 20's when Beast Wars was out and I loved that show. (Anyone who speaks poorly of it *will* get choked out).
I really got into the Transmetals line. I got all of them, excluding the Target-exclusive color variants. I packed them away when I last moved, and they're still sitting in a box to this day.

I really liked the Altenators/Binaltech line, and got a handful of those, but the Japanese versions were easily superior. Die-cast metal FTW. The only Japanese one I got is the one I really wanted the most: Smokescreen, the 2004 Subaru Impreza WRC.

I often drool over the Masterpiece line, but they're so damn expensive, especially the bigger ones like Soundwave. I've got Bluestreak & Sideswipe, but that's it. I'd love to get my hands on MP Soundwave and/or Optimus Primal, but I don't have that kind of coin.

Not really into the rest of the current stuff.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
so I remembered him being a boss somehow and what do you know he's not just in charge((like the leader I'm pretty sure he was or whatever) but its his name too.

Magnaboss:
BWultraS2combinerMagnaboss_1268237161.jpg

he wasn't in charge???? and that gorilla was? never saw the show.

Last edited:

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Magnaboss was not in the show. In the US, it is a toy-only character.
Only Japan had a show with that character in it.

As it is, more than half of the Beast Wars toys in the US were only toys and were not in the show. There was no comic book at the time. A comic came later and had the toy-only characters in it. For Japan, there are 2 extra TV shows and a movie, in regular animated fashion. As opposed to US "cartoon" for Beast Wars and Beast Machines which were 3D animated like Reboot or Starship Troopers. I believe that most of the characters that had toys in Japan ended up in a show.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Magnaboss was not in the show. In the US, it is a toy-only character.
Only Japan had a show with that character in it.

As it is, more than half of the Beast Wars toys in the US were only toys and were not in the show. There was no comic book at the time. A comic came later and had the toy-only characters in it. For Japan, there are 2 extra TV shows and a movie, in regular animated fashion. As opposed to US "cartoon" for Beast Wars and Beast Machines which were 3D animated like Reboot or Starship Troopers. I believe that most of the characters that had toys in Japan ended up in a show.

When i was a kid I would have fucking jizzed my pants over the Victory line. Especially Star Saber.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
They could have (at least) brought over the 3 cartoons... Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory... and then be able to have those toys over here too. It seems weird that it NEVER happened. Not even at some other point in time, say the 90s or whatever.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
They could have (at least) brought over the 3 cartoons... Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory... and then be able to have those toys over here too. It seems weird that it NEVER happened. Not even at some other point in time, say the 90s or whatever.

We got the neon-colored Generation 2 line and repackaging of the G1 show.

I tapped out when they made Megatron a fucking tank.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Well the G2 comic was pretty cool, as well as the GIJoe crossover.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Go masterpiece and third party!

Qft. I have a few mp guys and the detail/size of them is all amazing. Really well thought out and well made pieces. Play with them, transform them, display them. Whatever. They're really great. I get one ever so often they fall in price. So I've got mostly cheap ones. But even those are great.

I remember one Christmas getting a shedload of transformers and nerf stuff. Watching the cartoon, playing with Optimus. It didn't get much better for a kid.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Go masterpiece and third party!

Yup, that's the way. The Toy World MP scale Constructicons are AMAZING, and Devastator is a few feet tall when they combine. I'm really looking forward to Fans Toys Jetfire/Skyfire; he's literally twice tall/large as MP Optimus and looks totally on point.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
39_3574fb0556a5acec72f2fe3f96c84390.gif

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I guess that was worth a necrobump
As if your response is any better..you are such a noob!
Remember Devastator was the biggest bad arse until my man Starscream unleashed Bruticus??? Damn,I loved that episode!
Every man cave should have a life size Transformer(s) in it.
BB

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Transformers the movie was the second best voice acting work of Orson Wells' career.

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
:LOL:
By the way,i'm still trying to collect in whatever is in the wfc toyline beside the legacy is around the corner.Still fucking hasbro needs to stop with having certain transformers exclusive to the likes of walmart and target and to fix there distributing.