SNK_Pro 2017.

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
So things are slowly coming back together on the AES front again, so I thought I'd do an update. No point dredging up my old thread as it's all gone. :(

In 2012 I decided to sell off the remainder of my collection, and all of this went, a large chunk to members on here -

DSCF5761.jpg

Last year I made the foolish mistake of letting the last couple of items I'd held on to go, and had instant regret. That's when the rebuild started. So I have a bunch of doubles as I've bought a few bundles, but this is where I'm standing as my own collection right now -

502960c9d49b5f5fb7709e377e960332_zpsiljubloz.jpg

I also have myself a nice minty AES system again as well as a CMVS. I had talked myself in to going full MVS a while back, but the fact is that a whole part of the experience of playing the games is just doing so through the home system. It's definitely a nostalgia thing, but at least it's never rose tinted glasses with the Neo, the games are timeless.

Last edited:

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Shame I sold them all! If I remember rightly you picked up my nice soft case NAM-1975, I've only been able to find the cardboard case one to replace it in such nice condition.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Nice collection. I do prefer the pine book case to the IKEA unit.

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Ha! Fair point mate, the ikea unit is a temporary measure as we change some stuff in the house. Pine one is long gone, not easy finding a nice unit ideally suited for AES stuff these days.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
such a great collection. sucks you sold it but good to see you building back what you have lost.

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
I think most of it excluding the Slugs and rage of the dragons should be obtainable again, time will tell!

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Very nice collection, SNK_Pro. Already quite a few gems in there. I'm sure you'll be close to the old collection in no time.

K1ngArth3r

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
You had a great collection!

Nice to see you're building it back up - You've got some great games :)

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Cheers guys, couple of nice additions the week with Real bout & Real bout 2. Slowly but surely getting the stuff back that I want. :)

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Yeah, without a doubt, but I have them on MVS so at least still get to play them.

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
MS1 selling for up to 15k to rich hipsters in South Korea....so probably no AES anymore for the likes of us ^^

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
I got offered a MS5 the other day, the guy wanted £1800!!!! I sold mine in 2012 for £350. :D

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
Glad you completed your KoF set again Colin :)

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Haven't seen such a consequent and beautifully looking come back to collecting in a long while. Back then, it was already a great collection -- now the effort alone makes it a better one, indeed. And your delight must be even triple that ;).

Congrats!

bravojohny

Armored Scrum Object
You should never had let go those slugs and Garou. Anyway, good luck rebuilding the collection. Hard time now, but there are still some good deals.

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
You should never had let go those slugs and Garou. Anyway, good luck rebuilding the collection. Hard time now, but there are still some good deals.

always easy to say in hindsight. Who could have predicted the prices would go so high.

I sold View Point English AES brand new sealed for about £120 and Metal Slug 3 2nd releases Japanese AES for about £150 back in 2005/2006, didn't expect them to keep going up in value, especially as Metal Slug got released on PS2/Xbox/Wii etc.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I know exactly how you feel man. Getting back on the AES bus myself, just getting cheapies that I love though, bad timing and thin wallet don't allow for much but I'm taking it easy, I already got what I want on MVS so it's not like I'm gonna be missing anything, just want key titles and a NeoSD.