Rage of the Dragons MVS - Weird Label and Case

mcjefe

n00b
Has anyone ever seen this before? The boards inside both appear to be legit when compared to MVS Scans online, but the case is a cloudy clear plastic instead of the usual solid green that you see. The label is also very strange, as it is applied upside down and has rainbow holographic 'explosions' on the face of it and doesn't look 100% like the original labels. I've never seen another MVS holographic label like it.

Was this some sort of Korean release or something? Or just a flat out reproduction label and case? What would be the point if the boards are original?

I often get mad at myself for purchasing this, since I am usually so much better at researching and making sure that my Neo Geo purchases are original. But for some reason I must have slipped up on this one.

FullSizeRender 4.jpgFullSizeRender 3.jpg

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Post front and back board pics. Label and shell look like repros.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Yup, case and label look booty. Will need board pics though to know about the innards.

mcjefe

n00b
It seems like it would have been a lot of trouble to make a holographic reproduction label. What would have been the point of the reproduction shell and label if the previous owner already had the legit boards? Maybe the original shell was damaged somehow?

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
It seems like it would have been a lot of trouble to make a holographic reproduction label. What would have been the point of the reproduction shell and label if the previous owner already had the legit boards? Maybe the original shell was damaged somehow?

I received a Fatal Fury cart before with a broken shell, so I moved the legit boards and label over to a clear repro one like the shell above.

Probably something similar happened with this cart.