NIOH

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Did any of you guys make it to the big ass centipede boss? Pretty annoying but not as hard as Nue.
Yeah, he wasn't too bad. I saw a strategy that said to keep him going around the pillar near the air conditioner, and you can cheap shot him. I just beat the spider lady, using that roll trick. Took me 3 or 4 tries before I tried the roll thing and I had her, without any elixirs lol.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Yeah, he wasn't too bad. I saw a strategy that said to keep him going around the pillar near the air conditioner, and you can cheap shot him. I just beat the spider lady, using that roll trick. Took me 3 or 4 tries before I tried the roll thing and I had her, without any elixirs lol.

I think keeping the air blower on higher up makes his segments run off after you fight one of the ones giving off poison gas as well.

I am balls deep in this game right now. Just finished fighting the spider lady boss and found her to be very easy. I really just stick with a double sword build and almost never find myself using other weapons really. That may change if certain enemies become a problem.

Some tips: Permanent elemental enchantments with weapons, armor or Guardians is a must in this game, it really helps with crippling or extra damage to enemies (using Earth right now). I also have much use with Kunais and stars to keep the enemies stamina down while your ki charges... then wear them down with slashes. The arrows can come in handy to stun enemies (cyclops in the eye and he is open as hell). Using Guardians that restores health with final blow or as you get Amrita is the most useful to me right now and keeps me from using more elixirs. Make sure to unlock dash ki pulse for the weapons you use as well. High stance for most weapons is excellent for breaking enemies guard and breaking their stamina. I personally find it best to up your body stat by 6-7 levels more than the others if you can. An extra 200 HP can really help.

xorthen

Banned
I don't understand the level up system. I'm assuming it's like Souls games and they'll start capping my stats during each level past a certain level.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I just beat the Ice lady. That was the hardest boss so far. Took me a good 10+ tries to get her. Doesn't help that I'm running a light armor ninja type character, so If i make 1 or 2 mistakes I'm dead. But This game is great, and the only blemish IMO is the loot system. I don't care for all those items, and stuff like that. I also feel like the game has a lot of stuff going on, and some of it is a bit overwhelming.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Yeah when ever i play these type of games i prefer to have speed and movement

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I just beat the Ice lady. That was the hardest boss so far. Took me a good 10+ tries to get her. Doesn't help that I'm running a light armor ninja type character, so If i make 1 or 2 mistakes I'm dead. But This game is great, and the only blemish IMO is the loot system. I don't care for all those items, and stuff like that. I also feel like the game has a lot of stuff going on, and some of it is a bit overwhelming.

Lemme preface this with "Im really not that good at Bloodborne or NIOH" but I didn't really find the Ice Lady all that tough to beat. She did take me about 4 or 5 tries, but I was kinda struggling the first three times or so. Then I noticed something, every time she hit some of the 'debris' in her room, it would always drop arrows. And she tends to keep her distance other than when she does that lunge/stab thing.

I figured, hey i'm gonna die anyway so lemme try shooting her with the bow. Now, it didn't like half her life or anything by any means, but I did seem to notice that arrows took quite a bit of life with each hit. So I knocked her down like that a bit, kept my distance, just ran left or right when she would shoot her ice missiles, and then get around her after a lunge and stab her in the ass. Also, I'd use Fire Paper on the weapon (sword, mid stance). Once I noticed that, I took her down pretty quick.

Right now I'm at the 2nd Onryoki fight in the little lake lookin' area. Its not too bad but it's one of those 'gauntlets' where you fight a bunch of mini-boss type dudes. Those kinda devil looking dudes with either ice or fire crystals in their back.

The guys I hate the most are those huge Ogres with the long tongues. They move like the wind and take your life away in a few measly hits, and then their damn tongue hits you when you're 20 miles away. Hate those fuckers.

xorthen

Banned
Lemme preface this with "Im really not that good at Bloodborne or NIOH" but I didn't really find the Ice Lady all that tough to beat. She did take me about 4 or 5 tries, but I was kinda struggling the first three times or so. Then I noticed something, every time she hit some of the 'debris' in her room, it would always drop arrows. And she tends to keep her distance other than when she does that lunge/stab thing.

I figured, hey i'm gonna die anyway so lemme try shooting her with the bow. Now, it didn't like half her life or anything by any means, but I did seem to notice that arrows took quite a bit of life with each hit. So I knocked her down like that a bit, kept my distance, just ran left or right when she would shoot her ice missiles, and then get around her after a lunge and stab her in the ass. Also, I'd use Fire Paper on the weapon (sword, mid stance). Once I noticed that, I took her down pretty quick.

Right now I'm at the 2nd Onryoki fight in the little lake lookin' area. Its not too bad but it's one of those 'gauntlets' where you fight a bunch of mini-boss type dudes. Those kinda devil looking dudes with either ice or fire crystals in their back.

The guys I hate the most are those huge Ogres with the long tongues. They move like the wind and take your life away in a few measly hits, and then their damn tongue hits you when you're 20 miles away. Hate those fuckers.

They are a pain for sure. I hate the blob boss thing especially on the Twilight mission. I still haven't beaten it.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

With respect to the yuki-onna/ice lady boss, it is indeed surprising just how many bosses can be simply status debilated and then shot/bombed to death :lolz: Was weird adjusting at first considering the Ninja Gaiden games typically utilize projectiles as stun tools (except for the unbalanced projectile UT's in vanilla NG2).

They are a pain for sure. I hate the blob boss thing especially on the Twilight mission. I still haven't beaten it.

Sup xorthern. For an easier win against the blob, you can try the following:

1. use talismans to drastically lower its defense (and its attack if you like)
2. you can also inflict a status ailment like burn on it via bombs, fire talismans, and living weapon attack talismans
3. shoot it to death with the cannon firearm/use your living weapon guardian spirit mode to steal the fight if need be

Last edited:

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
So i put a good amount of time in this weekend. I think I'm close to beating the game. it is starting to overstay its welcome a bit with me. That could be due to me wanting to move on with Zelda, but I have been skipping sidequest and just focusing on main quest. Its funny the missions I'm on right now recommend me to be at like level 120 -130 and I'm currently level 85

***************************Spoiler******************************************************************************************************************************

I just beat the boss that gives you the Izuna guardian. He was pretty tough, but a fun fight. I have also completed the Ninja dojo missions, and the Kursarigama mission. Based on the mission i just finished, how much more do i have left?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
With respect to the yuki-onna/ice lady boss, it is indeed surprising just how many bosses can be simply status debilated and then shot/bombed to death :lolz: Was weird adjusting at first considering the Ninja Gaiden games typically utilize projectiles as stun tools (except for the unbalanced projectile UT's in vanilla NG2).

Sup xorthern. For an easier win against the blob, you can try the following:

1. use talismans to drastically lower its defense (and its attack if you like)
2. you can also inflict a status ailment like burn on it via bombs, fire talismans, and living weapon attack talismans
3. shoot it to death with the cannon firearm/use your living weapon guardian spirit mode to steal the fight if need be

Also I saw a video on how to beat the Umi Bozu in like a few seconds, lol. You have to get the Phoenix spirit (fire, obvi) and use a few of those Moment talismans and it eats that dude the FUCK UP. I just beat it (non-twilight mission) with fire paper and dodging and your regular Kato spirit. I'll have to try the Twilight version.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Just finished girl with purple eyes, o_O. I fucking love this game! No co-op and won on my second try. So rewarding when you get the hang of this. One of the sub missions before, annoyed the hell outta me... wasting time with no results in one hour. Oh well, went to the next main mission. Turns out... there is no build like Bloodborne and Souls. You can grind a bunch for small amounts, and you will earn a small %!!! Balancing equipment right and just playing like Ninja Gaiden in the zone style!!! Play smoother than butter and Rico Suave!!!

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Also I saw a video on how to beat the Umi Bozu in like a few seconds, lol. You have to get the Phoenix spirit (fire, obvi) and use a few of those Moment talismans and it eats that dude the FUCK UP. I just beat it (non-twilight mission) with fire paper and dodging and your regular Kato spirit. I'll have to try the Twilight version.

Indeed lol Players have also been defeating bosses in record times bare handed. Xorthen mentioned that the leveling system was giving him a little trouble though, so I just gave straight forward tips that work on most bosses in this game.

The variety of playstyles that this game allows for is damn impressive to say the least. Of course, talismans break the shit out of this game. I hope to start a no armor, no talisman, wooden sword run soon. A ninja gaiden style masochist run...because reasons lol

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Whats the trick for the vampire harpy lady? I had to get help to take her. Was still tough.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Whats the trick for the vampire harpy lady? I had to get help to take her. Was still tough.

I would stay far away as she did her paralysis attack, and bait her to do her 3 hit combo and then punish. You can poison her as well

DUDE!!!! The samurai from sawayama mission boss was awesome. Wasn't expecting that. I recently read a little bit about the history there so it was pretty cool to see it in gam

Last edited:

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert

I also equipped paralysis charms to keep from it stacking up as much and paralyzing me. I definitely needed co-op when I fought her a while back. I guess am much better now, but still she seems like to be a bit of trouble. Just like anything, you just got to know when to dodge, roll, block and go for the attack.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year

I think what i did was sword, high stance. Watch for her pattern, sidestep, and heavy slash - then walk way. Rinse, repeat.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
so i beat the game last night around level 95. Enjoyed my time with the game. Combat was great, and fluid with lots of options and play styles. I used Kusarigama the whole play through. The "get over here" move is kind of broken IMO.

You can really tact on the status aliments with the quick attacks as well. I do feel like the game has too many things going on mechanic wise. Like i think i upgraded my weapons once or twice, Never even bothered to mess with creating weapons or transferring skills or anything like that.

Didn't mess with clans at all either. Then after beating it, you unlock more mechanics. Crazy stuff, and def can sink 100s of hours into this one. Another blemish for me is the loot system. I'm just not a fan of loot systems in games.

To much item management for me. But over all the game is solid.Decent story, cool characters, 60fps (options to change. more games need this on console) lots of cool weapons ect ect. Bloodborne this is not, but its a good game.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Finally finished this game after taking my time playing for 100 hours over a span of 1 month. I very much enjoyed the entire game. I did a dual sword build at first and found myself better off just using the single sword. I felt the game was a lot easier later on, except for a few stages here and there a little halfway through. I was really bad about not using ninjitsu, guardian mode and more magics like I should... which would have made things easier for me. I guess I felt I needed to save stock all the time for when I really need it. Farming Elixirs early on was kind of a pain until I just went back and fought near a shrine killing enemies in the 3rd main stage. I had the game not allow me to continue when I fought the last boss with a summoned visitor and had to exit then play it again.

My next playthrough is going to be with the sword and kusarigama. I am hoping there's a way to forge some very good weapons and armor, but never really figured it out yet.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Damn, I took a break 'cause life but I'm getting back in the saddle. Good job Sancho!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Nice! Haven't played SFA in a long while, lol. I'm definitely down for some co-op on Nioh. I just moved so I'm arranging shit, but I'll send you a message on PSN so we can get together!

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I just got to the toad boss. Only fought him a couple times, but so far he's kind of a bitch for me. Any suggested strategies, or tools to use on the guy?

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Well the Dark Souls 3 dlc drops at midnight and I will definitely be playing that for two days. Nioh just added more free stages and Pause function with the new patch 2 days ago.

xorthen

Banned
so i beat the game last night around level 95. Enjoyed my time with the game. Combat was great, and fluid with lots of options and play styles. I used Kusarigama the whole play through. The "get over here" move is kind of broken IMO.

You can really tact on the status aliments with the quick attacks as well. I do feel like the game has too many things going on mechanic wise. Like i think i upgraded my weapons once or twice, Never even bothered to mess with creating weapons or transferring skills or anything like that.

Didn't mess with clans at all either. Then after beating it, you unlock more mechanics. Crazy stuff, and def can sink 100s of hours into this one. Another blemish for me is the loot system. I'm just not a fan of loot systems in games.

To much item management for me. But over all the game is solid.Decent story, cool characters, 60fps (options to change. more games need this on console) lots of cool weapons ect ect. Bloodborne this is not, but its a good game.
How do you compare Bloodborne to this game? Bloodborne is brutal, this game has been brutal at times, but it seems very well balanced overall.