Samurai Jack Season 5

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Good so it was an Adult Swim awesomely (R&M) cruel prank. I just didn't want to miss either of those shows. I don't watch much these days, the things I do I record and as a work at home that's where my lunch break plays in. That was a wicked surprise on Monday. I was pissed, but then shocked to see what it was and that episode was amazing.

Also as a programming side note, I only saw this on accident an hour ago, but ARCHER got moved to FXX from FX (which is where my recording was set) and starts tonight. I fixed the DVR for that one immediately.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Meh stupid ps vue. Stupid dvr bug. But because the episode data for this week was the same as last week. It didn't get replaced in the dvr queue. I'll just have to wait until adult swim releases on their site I guess.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
So Samurai Jack came out when I was in 8th grade, and for some reason I felt it ... tried too hard to be cool? Which is stupid now looking back on it.

This new season is just incredible. I mean, just incredible. Incredibly stylistic and well-done. The only episode that was so-so was the leech alien in the prison spaceship, but even then the last 10 seconds made it all worthwhile.

I need to go back and watch the previous four seasons, for sure.

One thing that got me is just how much freedom they're allowed now on adult swim instead of just Cartoon Network at 8PM. Sexuality. Blood. Real deaths. Before it was just 'the bad guys were robots so they weren't real' or 'it's not blood, it's oil' but this new season has done away with it and you can see everything they wanted to do before is now allowed.

I'm uncertain how this season will finish, if it's done for good or what. I just can't get over how amazing all the fights are in this show. Lots of talented people working on this, definitely.

I saw a longass gif of the Jack Vs Ninja fight from the first couple seasons...even back then the show was like nothing else seen on TV.

Last edited:

CrazyDean

Zero's Secretary
So Samurai Jack came out when I was in 8th grade, and for some reason I felt it ... tried too hard to be cool? Which is stupid now looking back on it.

This new season is just incredible. I mean, just incredible. Incredibly stylistic and well-done. The only episode that was so-so was the leech alien in the prison spaceship, but even then the last 10 seconds made it all worthwhile.

I need to go back and watch the previous four seasons, for sure.

One thing that got me is just how much freedom they're allowed now on adult swim instead of just Cartoon Network at 8PM. Sexuality. Blood. Real deaths. Before it was just 'the bad guys were robots so they weren't real' or 'it's not blood, it's oil' but this new season has done away with it and you can see everything they wanted to do before is now allowed.

I'm uncertain how this season will finish, if it's done for good or what. I just can't get over how amazing all the fights are in this show. Lots of talented people working on this, definitely.

I saw a longass gif of the Jack Vs Ninja fight from the first couple seasons...even back then the show was like nothing else seen on TV.

I had a similar experience with Samurai Jack when it came out. I would have been 13 when it began and was too "old/cool/mature" for cartoons at the time. Anyway, some friends of mine introduced it to me last year and I started watching the first four seasons. By the time i was done, season 5 was out.

This really is a great show, and I can't wait for the final episode tomorrow. The fifth season will be a great send off.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
GREAT Series...

The ending was apt... Will watch again...

xROTx

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
A reminder that Toonami will be having a Samurai Jack Season 5 marathon this Saturday night.

That was a very key point in the new season. When the daughters of Aku attacked Jack, his natural assumption was that they were robots until he killed one and discovered it was flesh and blood instead. Very mind-blowing from Jack's and perhaps some viewer's POV.

Wanted to add without spoiling the last episode...kudos for replaying the original plot of the series as told by Aku as voiced by the late, great Mako. Well done to honor his memory :)

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Drunk and just finished the last episode and crying like a little bitch. That ain't fair, man. He deserved his happy ending. Great show man but I'm wrecked.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
The ending was happy, but a bit bittersweet, I think the purpose of that last shot was to show that everything Jack had suffered through was worth it, and tied in nicely to that field of dead trees he showed Ashi earlier in the season, those trees represent the promise of a future untouched by Aku's influence, beautifully done