OLD school: Fatal Fury ( . . . yes, the first one)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
It definitely sets the pace for the series, same with AOF, both games felt so big and the characters were intriguing. First thing Neo I ever saw was FF at the arcade, Raiden on the intro looking intense with that animation stance he has, the colors just looked great...getting off the taxi...the game had a story and you could definitely relate to Terry, even back then with the big nose and all.

I like how FF3 and RB brought back the FF1 look somewhat. Every single FF game is good, I know I'm very nostalgic and all but I can't help it.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Damn, it would have been cool to see SNK acknowledge Street Smart in an official timeline. Oh well, it's still fun to imagine the storyline of this crazy game lol I remember you guys discussing it a long time ago too:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?178652-Street-Smart-a-young-Takuma-and-Jeff-Bogard

Shit thread had potential. lol @ galfordo not being n3rd enought to know Jeff.

Fuckin Dash no Chris tho dropping knawledge. Classic Chris.

edit2:
14002501.jpg

Last edited:

CrystalCore

Crazed MVS Addict
Fatal Fury was awesome! I love the classic sound of the effects and voices on special moves. Dramatic battle mode needs to make a comeback. So does the survival mode from alpha 3 with multiple enemies, but that's off topic.

I remember losing my shit the first time I saw tung beef up. I spent forever trying to grab the ceiling in pao pao cafe too.

The first time I realized how to beat Geese Howard in FF1 was freakin' hilarious. You just walk up next to him, throw him, then Burn Knuckle him to death as he gets up.

That must've infuriated people in arcades back in the day...

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
This was also the first game I ever played on the Neo Geo. I just love the look and feel of the game, and it takes me straight back to my youth. I was a SF lad back in the day but when I played this I was instantly drawn to it. The mechanics and collision detection is poor but I love it.

Sent from my HTC 2PST1 using Tapatalk

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug
I finished this game some weeks ago. I could not make some of the special attacks to work! I found it really hard to make the moves. Even the projectile was hard to throw. Also I thing the NGCD was broken, mainly The final boss. He has 2 modes of fighting. One is when you jump he grabs you every time, and then he has another way that is throwing projectiles every time. The NGCD freezes when he changes the style. That may helps you to known he changed or fuckup you move because when it is loading you cannot hit him (if it loads a the time he could be hit). That made me mad, at least I won and it seems that the FF2 is better to accept moves input.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
The problem you're having with move inputs is common. In the original FF you need to execute the controller motion, then bush the button. You're used to finishing the controller motion and hitting the button at the same time. It takes time to get used to it.

Caprica Orange

Pao Pao cafe VIP,
20 Year Member
FF was the first Neo game I ever played. I agree with the input, but man that atmosphere in the game is really something.....

kaicer

Crazed MVS Addict
I think is a common that to most who play the NG for the first time it was FF1. It was also my first, I love the sound of that game at the arcades. But never at that time I was able to pas the second or third fighter it was difficult as hell. I finally beat the game in the ports for the gen and snes. But FF1 and 2 for snes are garbage only special is worth it. I have the sega cd one and is a joke, I prefer FF2 on gen better.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i thought fatal fury 2 on the snes was pretty good. quite faithful for a what it was. but the genesis/megadrive port was also my favourite with its crazy combos.

gtmartini

Rugal's Thug
The problem you're having with move inputs is common. In the original FF you need to execute the controller motion, then bush the button. You're used to finishing the controller motion and hitting the button at the same time. It takes time to get used to it.

That worked fine! Thanks. I'm now playing FF2 and it works the same, the problem with this is that the controls get a little slow, but maybe with time I'll get used :). At least I can make the move work. I'm at the final boss (thank God NGCD saves the game). Interesting is that each opponent you must have a strategy that makes then quite easy, but if you don't use it they are almost impossible.