How viable is war with North Korea during the Trump era?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
war is always a possibility when you go from having one kim jong un to having two kim jong uns

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I'm fine with that region going to shit but please can it occur after June? I'm going to Japan then and would rather my ramen without a side of nuke.

I was thinking this as well. I was planning on going in the fall or next spring...

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
I'm fine with that region going to shit but please can it occur after June? I'm going to Japan then and would rather my ramen without a side of nuke.

if you just stay home, you'll be fine.

Spoiler:
fucking kangaroos

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-nuclear-usa-senate-idUSKBN17Q1LR

Here I was thinking that Trump would incite war with the Middle East...

don-t-panic-it-will-all-be-over-by-christmas.png

xROTx

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Now Kimmy has gone and threatened Australia with a nuclear strike... ahh fark off!

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I'm not surprised at the Aussie threat, but threatening "catastrophic consequences" for the Chinese if they don't publicly rebuke the US is just beyond the normal DPRK crazy.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I imagine China is getting more and more impatient with this sort of crap.

They didn't send a representative to watch the NK military parade the other week, which they usually do.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
That is the good thing about Australia.

We can always count on them to follow us into any military engagement no matter how fucked up it is.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
That is the good thing about Australia.

We can always count on them to follow us into any military engagement no matter how fucked up it is.

We love taking it up the arse, John Howard and George Bush had a real good time if you know what I mean.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
USA has troops stationed at the base in Darwin. NK is threatening to nuke Darwin.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
USA has troops stationed at the base in Darwin. NK is threatening to nuke Darwin.

Whew fuck Darwin, place needs to be nuked and redesigned as a tropical las vegas. That large island we're not allowed into could be a huge resort.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
The heated rhetoric between the two leaders intensified after Pyongyang tested two intercontinental ballistic missiles in July, claiming it now had the ability to hit the US.

Nonsense. DPRK has long since claimed it could hit the US with an ICBM. The most notable was the Taepodong II, which was bandied about as the top nuclear threat in the early 2000s.

The real difference we are seeing these days are because of these reasons:
1. China and India being close to war
2. China being more agressive in claiming those worthless islands they say are theirs but actually parts of other countries.
3. Japan working towards remilitarization.
4. North Korea actually managed to launch a satellite (some said it was a dishwasher, no one really knows for sure) into space, after years of test launches exploding midflight, or on the launch pad.
5. China and India do not want US to put anti-missile systems into SEA: Japan says no to THAAD (but not Aegis), South Korea says no to THAAD, then says yes, then faces mass protests, then says it will do research on whether to do it (environmental impact, concensus, etc) then DPRK launches test missile into the Sea of Japan (two launches ago) and South Korea then says they will skip the studies and install THAAD.

Many other things, it isn't that simple.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Nonsense. DPRK has long since claimed it could hit the US with an ICBM. The most notable was the Taepodong II, which was bandied about as the top nuclear threat in the early 2000s.

The real difference we are seeing these days are because of these reasons:
1. China and India being close to war
2. China being more agressive in claiming those worthless islands they say are theirs but actually parts of other countries.
3. Japan working towards remilitarization.
4. North Korea actually managed to launch a satellite (some said it was a dishwasher, no one really knows for sure) into space, after years of test launches exploding midflight, or on the launch pad.
5. China and India do not want US to put anti-missile systems into SEA: Japan says no to THAAD (but not Aegis), South Korea says no to THAAD, then says yes, then faces mass protests, then says it will do research on whether to do it (environmental impact, concensus, etc) then DPRK launches test missile into the Sea of Japan (two launches ago) and South Korea then says they will skip the studies and install THAAD.

Many other things, it isn't that simple.

SO... what you're saying is... you're gonna get drafted?

Awesome... I'll miss you Trippy man:(

xROTx