How viable is war with North Korea during the Trump era?

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
Honestly my grandfather said from the get-go that "Roley Poley", as he calls him, was going to get us into war. Figure if anyone would know the warning signs, it would be a WW2 vet.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
What's astounding is how many Americans will not admit we lost the war. Ask them which govt rules in Vietnam and they'll go all REEEEEEEEE on you.

Well I don't think it is a case of not admitting. It isn't ever talked about and it isn't taught in schools, especially when I was in school. When I was learning about 20th century US history, they covered up to WWII and then went to Vietnam. It was right at the end of the school year and they didn't finish the Vietnam chapter. I knew there was a Korean war because my grandpa had served in it. So when I went to his house over the summer I told him they skipped over it in the history class and he got pissed. He said the reason they don't talk about it was because we lost.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
http://thehill.com/policy/national-...to-attack-guam-will-be-complete-by-mid-august

http://www.npr.org/2017/08/09/542384201/why-is-north-korea-threatening-guam

well, north korea wants to attack guam by mid august.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
The statement from KCNA about scheduling to shoot a missile at Gaum this month is weird. No one announces things like that.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I thought Hans Bricks was going to get this all sorted out.

Edit: I was listening to some "experts" today on the radio. They were saying that the military people who report directly to Trump can veto any unsound commands from Trump and actually have a duty to do so. Furthermore, NK knows they'll be annihilated as soon as they touch the US or SK, so it's very unlikely that they'll make a first strike. The question is whether or not the world allows them to become a nuclear power; in other words, if the US will preemptively take out NK. Another possibility is an overreaction, e.g., a practice exercise on the border between NK and SK accidentally crosses the line and things get out of control.

lIuLT0z.jpg

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
What's astounding is how many Americans will not admit we lost the war. Ask them which govt rules in Vietnam and they'll go all REEEEEEEEE on you.

I look forward to visiting Vietnam early next year, maybe the shooting range will have American GI's as targets :D

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
We should do a pre-emptive strike...

Spoiler:
...and kill Donald Trump before he starts World War 3!
Spoiler:
No joke.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
DPRK is able to say the things they say because they have an ace up their sleeve. They do not have any better weapons than anyone else, but may have weapons that are "worse" in relating to things even the US had made in the past but would not use. But the real threat is not from them. The circumstance being reported in the news is not an official one, it is from an editorial, but that won't stop the MSM. Those circumstances are:
1. If DPRK is attacked first, China was defend.
2. If DPRK attacks first, China will not interfere.

However it is more than that, due to the history. Even if DPRK attacks first, you can be sure that once foreign troops step into DPRK, then China will help to defend. North Korea is now less actually Korean and more Chinese. They would not exist if not for China.

So when Kim Jong Un comes out and says anyone who attacks them will suffer their doom, they are not saying that North korea will be the ones who will be rending that punishment, they know that China will have their back.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
The funny thing is that if the US were to hypothetically get nuked by NK, it would be seen as Obamas fault by people like dinosaur transformer over here.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Obama and everyone else in the past 40-50 years were just passing the buck, like many other things done in politics. Put it off and let someone else deal with it. Maybe that someone is Trump, maybe its just a bunch of fluff and some other schmuck will have to deal with it later.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
THIS!

Thank you very much FakeXsound, you are so correct.

Don't you other guys realize how scared shitless North Korea is (and has been) of us all along? WE are the big bully, THEY are the small fry.

I thought Hans Bricks was going to get this all sorted out.

Edit: I was listening to some "experts" today on the radio. They were saying that the military people who report directly to Trump can veto any unsound commands from Trump and actually have a duty to do so. Furthermore, NK knows they'll be annihilated as soon as they touch the US or SK, so it's very unlikely that they'll make a first strike. The question is whether or not the world allows them to become a nuclear power; in other words, if the US will preemptively take out NK. Another possibility is an overreaction, e.g., a practice exercise on the border between NK and SK accidentally crosses the line and things get out of control.

View attachment 46129

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
North Korea doesn't WANT to attack anybody. They are poor as shit. they do this publically as a defense policy. They have very little technology, they are living in the past. All the money goes to the military- to keep us from attacking them.

Almost all of us in the West are so media-misguided and ignorant to see the truth lying underneath the surface.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
North Korea doesn't WANT to attack anybody. They are poor as shit. they do this publically as a defense policy. They have very little technology, they are living in the past. All the money goes to the military- to keep us from attacking them.

Almost all of us in the West are so media-misguided and ignorant to see the truth lying underneath the surface.

Everybody knows this.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Everybody knows this.

Yeah... it's a sad state of affairs...

South Korea is not only prosperous... the infrastructure puts a lot of Western countries to shame....

Ugh... How do you solve a problem like KimIlMaria...

xROTx