Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Baxter McMuggle

How viable is war with North Korea during the Trump era?

As a proxy war or what have you?

Was reading this and came to wonder if it is all hot air of if we may finally be brinking on full out conflict. The world seems so weird right now I'm just not sure

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ar-arms-mattis
    Igs waz here

"That's Phat"
    Fred Durst, VMAs 2000

Baxter McMuggle
    Igs waz here

"That's Phat"
    Fred Durst, VMAs 2000

Robot Master.
    Master Tasuke
    Eat Your
    Heart Out Bro'
    I don't think it would be much of a conflict if it did happen. we would wipe them out from the air. it would last like 2 days.
    Hit detection. it's all about hit detection.

King's Dry Cleaner
    What could we possibly have to gain from going to war with them?

Robot Master.
    Master Tasuke
    Eat Your
    Heart Out Bro'
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    Nothing. But if they attack our allies we would have to intervene.
    Hit detection. it's all about hit detection.

World's Greatest Poster Dr Shroom's Avatar
    More like how viable is a war with China? Because there's actually a somewhat decent chance of them joining in on the fun if the world police starts shit in NK.
    Quote Originally Posted by christoph View Post
    Is there no moderation, anywhere on this entire site?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Shroom View Post
    More like how viable is a war with China? Because there's actually a somewhat decent chance of them joining in on the fun if the world police starts shit in NK.
    This.

Bad idea to fuck around when China looms in the background. Especially now that Trumpy is already pissing them off. North Korea wouldn't even last as long as Desert Storm, but the aftermath would be bad news...

Critical Damage!
    Quote Originally Posted by ki_atsushi View Post
    This.
    the aftermath would be bad news...
    This. 25 million refugees with zero functioning government left over. There's no chance China would sit idly by and let a pro-US govt. be installed on their immediate Northern border. If a conflict occurred; we would need to ally with China in the planning phase and allow them a large amount of control in forming the next government. I don't think full unification would be on the menu with China.

If we don't allow China in the conversation at the outset - it would be an ugly and possibly protracted event that no one would ultimately benefit from.
    Rare PROTO HUNTER; Looking For: Jak and Daxter, New Zealand Story (original build only), Ratchet and Clank 2, Tak and the Power of the JuJu

Paying 4 figures + for any of the above.

Found in 2017: Recalhorn, Dr. Yam Yam, Sunday Fundy

Baxter McMuggle
    That's why I said proxy war. Rebuilding states is a massively profitable enterprise btw. In the short and long run. For business people that is. Which is what war is about anyway
    Igs waz here

"That's Phat"
    Fred Durst, VMAs 2000

Baxter McMuggle
    Anyway I hope you guys are right.
    Igs waz here

"That's Phat"
    Fred Durst, VMAs 2000

I was Born This Ugly.
    It would definitely be interesting, that's for sure.

You couldn't actually fight them, it would be like a professional MMA fighter taking on a drunken 80 year old man. That would make the US look even worse in the world's eye.

Like many have said, it would have to involve China, that's for sure. The US just couldn't invade them and make it some weird SK...

I say that I'm guessing China is just as sick of NKs shit as the rest of the world is...if not more so.
    Got so butthurt, had to have anal surgery...

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.
    Who knows, Trump is a bit of a wildcard but picking the wrong fight never ends well. The war in the middle east was and is a terrible waste and you've lost quite a number of personnel but a war with NK and ultimately China would probably mean the redrawing of borders in Asia in no small way. Not to mention the losses...

For the tunes lovers!

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzrow View Post
    Wrong question.

Analinguist of the Year galfordo's Avatar
    Not happening.

China, on the other hand is a different beast. I don't see anything happening with that anytime soon, but they have definitely been more aggressive over the past few years, asserting themselves in several different ways as the dominant emerging world superpower.

Our politicians have allowed them to get away with murder thus far ... it will be interesting to see what happens when (if) someone actually challenges their abusive trade policies. These are the types of issues that lead to war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes
    Galfordo really is the best member of this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTheranthrope View Post
    I want to disagree... but:
    1. Not everyone can be Galfordo (me, for instance.), but maybe... Galfordo is the hero our nation deserves.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    I would vote for galfordo over any candidate.
    We be chillin'

Cheng's Errand Boy
    Quote Originally Posted by galfordo View Post
    Not happening.

China, on the other hand is a different beast. I don't see anything happening with that anytime soon, but they have definitely been more aggressive over the past few years, asserting themselves in several different ways as the dominant emerging world superpower.

Our politicians have allowed them to get away with murder thus far ... it will be interesting to see what happens when (if) someone actually challenges their abusive trade policies. These are the types of issues that lead to war.
    I think what's more likely is Trump kicking off a trade war with China, given his aggressive rhetoric towards them.

Quote Originally Posted by GutsDozer View Post
    I don't think it would be much of a conflict if it did happen. we would wipe them out from the air. it would last like 2 days.
    The actual war was never the issue. It was the problem of the aftermath and who would claim the territory - SK (and USA) or China. North Korea is nothing more than a buffer zone.

赤裸裸的汽車人
    Maybe those boys only wanted to go to war with North Korea because it would be the first time we would have won a war since 1945.
    Official Chat: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/misc.php?do=flashchat

dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.

A "liberation" of NK would go down as well as Iraq, Libya and Syria. American taxpayers would pay out the ass even more and all they would accomplish is bathing the nk countryside in nuclear fire and turning those quaint Soviet era buildings into rubble. Also lots of dead fucking kids and raped women and girls. Let's not pretend Americas moronic interventions accomplish anything else these days.

Tsrgoihrea
    It would be a complete disaster. The North would disintegrate, leaving millions of refugees. But before the North was destroyed Seoul would be levelled. It's very close to the border. Estimates are that there are 10,000 NK artillery pieces within range of the greater metropolitan area. So if you go to war with the North, you're writing off maybe 10 million citizens of the South. The North has such a big gun pointed at the head of the South that all the dalliance with nukes is kind of silly.

Watches My Little Pony
    With Cawk in Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Poonman View Post
    A "liberation" of NK would go down as well as Iraq, Libya and Syria. American taxpayers would pay out the ass even more and all they would accomplish is bathing the nk countryside in nuclear fire and turning those quaint Soviet era buildings into rubble. Also lots of dead fucking kids and raped women and girls. Let's not pretend Americas moronic interventions accomplish anything else these days.
    Don't worry, this time we'll make sure America is starving and on fire, too.
    I turned off signatures. So should you.

Angel's Love Slave
    It seems we in Holland are at war with Turkey recently , their government calls us Dutch Nazi's and Fascist on a daily basis, we have removed organs of children in Bosnia and sold the Bosnian woman as slave prostitutes according to Turkey .
    Erdogan says there are 400.000 of his Turks living in the Netherlands and only 40.000 cops and army so do the math .
    This week he suddenly attacked Germany verbally, calling Merkel a Nazi Pig and papers in Turkey had pictures of her with Nazi uniform and swastika's , this sucks as Shroom must have been dead jealous of us Dutch and we where first .

赤裸裸的汽車人
    Quote Originally Posted by Poonman View Post
    A "liberation" of NK would go down as well as Iraq, Libya and Syria.
    I don't think it is a fair comparison. The only way it could be with NK is to get help to remove NK's leadership and SK would take over completely. Such a thing is not at all like how Iraq or Libya were. Syria has no comparison to either of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
    I don't think it is a fair comparison. The only way it could be with NK is to get help to remove NK's leadership and SK would take over completely. Such a thing is not at all like how Iraq or Libya were. Syria has no comparison to either of those.
    Who's to say China wouldn't attempt to take control of their former vassal state? The whole thing is such a quagmire.

赤裸裸的汽車人
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneSage View Post
    Who's to say China wouldn't attempt to take control of their former vassal state? The whole thing is such a quagmire.
    It was an example. Sure China could take it too. Iraq or Libya (or like what they are trying to do in Syria) where we (NATO) goes into a country and kills their leadership and leaves, letting the place turn into an even worse shithole than it already was. We can just hope it is not done like that, and instead help someone take it over.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
    Different circumstances, same results from the same assholes for different reasons.

Thread Information