Visco Breakers Revenge AES

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I stumbled upon an ebay listing for a "new" 2015 licensed home release of Breaker's Revenge in both japanese and english?

Whats the deal on this? I wasn't aware this happened. Any articles threads on this here? I tried to search but I couldnt find any. Seems like it wouldve been pretty big news in recent years for a company to release a licensed AES title.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
It was pretty small news a couple years ago. A French bootlegging company called NCI got the license rights from Visco after they profited off a few previously unreleased games, one of which was a Visco game (Bang Bang Busters).

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
Also didn't you see a new 2016 release of Neo Drift Out japanese licensed copy by Visco from the same seller?

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Aaaah... seen it back then on the Neo Ayato website... did a quick check right now and I see them (not available). Seems they finaly released those carts...

Last edited:

neofonta

Zero's Secretary
Aaaah... seen it back then on the Neo Ayato website... did a quick check right now and I see them (not available). Seems they finaly released those carts...
I sincerely doubt they have sold all the copies...
I am of the opinion that they will appear little by little in places like ebay to a greater price than they had in its web.
Is the "easiest" way to earn even more money

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I tried to search but I couldnt find any.
The search function is a powerful tool, but you have to know how to use it.
doing-it-wrong-sword.gif

Here's a thread for you.
And another one.
I could do this all day.
And so could you.

Last edited:

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
The search function is a powerful tool, but you have to know how to use it.
doing-it-wrong-sword.gif

Here's a thread for you.
And another one.
I could do this all day.
And so could you.

Ah, I think I've figured it out through the advanced search option. Thanks for the links. From what I gather, Their dubious technologically as theyre essentially the same innards as boots, but this hasnt been confirmed yet? (eproms) And whats up with the licensing? They actually do have the blessing of Visco? It seems like someone was alleging they did something shady like purchased a part of Visco to get the "licensing"? Its quite confusing to me, given theres seemingly three companies involved; Neo Ayato, NCI(not sure who this is) and then Visco. Yeah... huh, confusing stuff. Surprised noone on here actually ended up buying one just to confirm or deny how bootleg-ish they are like.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Ah, I think I've figured it out through the advanced search option. Thanks for the links. From what I gather, Their dubious technologically as theyre essentially the same innards as boots, but this hasnt been confirmed yet? (eproms) And whats up with the licensing? They actually do have the blessing of Visco? It seems like someone was alleging they did something shady like purchased a part of Visco to get the "licensing"? Its quite confusing to me, given theres seemingly three companies involved; Neo Ayato, NCI(not sure who this is) and then Visco. Yeah... huh, confusing stuff. Surprised noone on here actually ended up buying one just to confirm or deny how bootleg-ish they are like.

NCI = Atomikwave (founder) + Neo Ayato
Neo Ayato = A team of scammers (mostly in Japan and on the internet)
Atomikwave = bootleggers and scammer. He even tried to scam people from his area with counterfeits (Gameswave Lille)

Also, Breakers Revenge was marketed as a sacrifice free cart but we learned later that it was just another lie. A stock of MVS motherbards was sacrificed to make this game. That info was confirmed later by Atomikwave himself when he lost his temper in an argument with someone who called him out on his bullshit on the french forums.

About the license thing:

Spoiler:
lkaeJkD.gif

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Atomikwave = bootleggers and scammer. He even tried to scam people from his area with counterfeits (Gameswave Lille)

Also, Breakers Revenge was marketed as a sacrifice free cart but we learned later that it was just another lie. A stock of MVS motherbards was sacrificed to make this game. That info was confirmed later by Atomikwave himself when he lost his temper in an argument with someone who called him out on his bullshit on the french forums.

About the license thing:

Spoiler:
lkaeJkD.gif

Wow, so NCI was a regular scammer bootleg legion of doom. Good shit. Thanks for clearing that up man. I am now enlightened.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,

Yeah.... I wanted to get one of those Breakers Revenge carts back then, but after reading all this crap from them I just passed. I'm not gonna support this kind of people in any way.

ULTRA 4TH GEN

Armored Scrum Object

About the license thing:

Spoiler:
lkaeJkD.gif

In several forums we have spoken on this 'team', and an user has asked them if they could show the Visco license.
Since 2016 we are still waiting...

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
When people say use the search function, they mean do a Google search with site:neo-geo.com in the search box.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Just curious but, didn't some member here contacted Visco back then?

I recall the Visco quick reply he/she reported like "Dear xxx, yes we gave the game license to NCI" ...that's it.. (probably it was BBB)

anyway, not that actually matters...such license was for the game, not for neogeo/ngcd platforms, which would have required SNK to license it.

I really don't get the sick pleasure these guys have keeping raping a platform died ~15 years ago...let it rest in peace..

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Doesn't seem to be exactly flying off the shelves, though. They continue to drip feed unsold copies to eBay every once in a while. You would think there would be a better way for these folks to make money in this scene without all the shady shit, but it's as if this is all they know to do.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
It's the art, God is it the art. It's terrible. I love the breaker games, way more than the AOF line, but it's not worth $400 bucks for a poor copy. I do like however that their boards etc are custom, so they aren't destroying carts. However, I do wonder where they got their shells from....

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
I do like however that their boards etc are custom, so they aren't destroying carts. However, I do wonder where they got their shells from....

Except that's not what they did, see earlier:

They can make their own shells and snaplocks.