Thread: Visco Breakers Revenge AES

Crazed MVS Addict

Visco Breakers Revenge AES

I stumbled upon an ebay listing for a "new" 2015 licensed home release of Breaker's Revenge in both japanese and english?

Whats the deal on this? I wasn't aware this happened. Any articles threads on this here? I tried to search but I couldnt find any. Seems like it wouldve been pretty big news in recent years for a company to release a licensed AES title.

Cham Cham's Banana

Link?
    Looking for:
    MVS - Samurai Shodown V Special, Matrimelee.
    Atomiswave - Samurai VI, Metal Slug VI.
    Dreamcast PAL Console.

Mature's Make-Up Artist

It was pretty small news a couple years ago. A French bootlegging company called NCI got the license rights from Visco after they profited off a few previously unreleased games, one of which was a Visco game (Bang Bang Busters).
    Wanted MVS carts:

Alpha Mission 2, Real Bout Fatal Fury, Sengoku 2

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
    Remember: if you have sex in the crushing poverty of third world India, do not use any form of contraception!

Here we go again.

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

Also didn't you see a new 2016 release of Neo Drift Out japanese licensed copy by Visco from the same seller?

F I R E W A L L
    M Y A S S !

Aaaah... seen it back then on the Neo Ayato website... did a quick check right now and I see them (not available). Seems they finaly released those carts...
    Last edited by Ren-chan; 02-02-2017 at 07:16 AM.
    PMing Rot on a daily basis since December 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ResO View Post
    I always offer free shipping on my used panties. Many sellers are really getting greedy these days.

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

Quote Originally Posted by Ren-chan View Post
    Aaaah... seen it back then on the Neo Ayato website... did a quick check right now and I see them (not available). Seems they finaly released those carts...
    I sincerely doubt they have sold all the copies...
    I am of the opinion that they will appear little by little in places like ebay to a greater price than they had in its web.
    Is the "easiest" way to earn even more money

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalistix View Post
    I tried to search but I couldnt find any.
    The search function is a powerful tool, but you have to know how to use it.

Here's a thread for you.
    And another one.
    I could do this all day.
    And so could you.
    Last edited by xsq; 02-02-2017 at 10:33 AM.

Raiden's Valet

Awwww come on that's really old "news".

Crazed MVS Addict

Quote Originally Posted by xsq View Post
    The search function is a powerful tool, but you have to know how to use it.

Here's a thread for you.
    And another one.
    I could do this all day.
    And so could you.
    Ah, I think I've figured it out through the advanced search option. Thanks for the links. From what I gather, Their dubious technologically as theyre essentially the same innards as boots, but this hasnt been confirmed yet? (eproms) And whats up with the licensing? They actually do have the blessing of Visco? It seems like someone was alleging they did something shady like purchased a part of Visco to get the "licensing"? Its quite confusing to me, given theres seemingly three companies involved; Neo Ayato, NCI(not sure who this is) and then Visco. Yeah... huh, confusing stuff. Surprised noone on here actually ended up buying one just to confirm or deny how bootleg-ish they are like.

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
    Remember: if you have sex in the crushing poverty of third world India, do not use any form of contraception!

Quote Originally Posted by Capitalistix View Post
    Ah, I think I've figured it out through the advanced search option. Thanks for the links. From what I gather, Their dubious technologically as theyre essentially the same innards as boots, but this hasnt been confirmed yet? (eproms) And whats up with the licensing? They actually do have the blessing of Visco? It seems like someone was alleging they did something shady like purchased a part of Visco to get the "licensing"? Its quite confusing to me, given theres seemingly three companies involved; Neo Ayato, NCI(not sure who this is) and then Visco. Yeah... huh, confusing stuff. Surprised noone on here actually ended up buying one just to confirm or deny how bootleg-ish they are like.
    NCI = Atomikwave (founder) + Neo Ayato
    Neo Ayato = A team of scammers (mostly in Japan and on the internet)
    Atomikwave = bootleggers and scammer. He even tried to scam people from his area with counterfeits (Gameswave Lille)

Also, Breakers Revenge was marketed as a sacrifice free cart but we learned later that it was just another lie. A stock of MVS motherbards was sacrificed to make this game. That info was confirmed later by Atomikwave himself when he lost his temper in an argument with someone who called him out on his bullshit on the french forums.

About the license thing:

Spoiler:

Crazed MVS Addict

Quote Originally Posted by CORY_POOOOOOOOON! View Post
    Atomikwave = bootleggers and scammer. He even tried to scam people from his area with counterfeits (Gameswave Lille)

Also, Breakers Revenge was marketed as a sacrifice free cart but we learned later that it was just another lie. A stock of MVS motherbards was sacrificed to make this game. That info was confirmed later by Atomikwave himself when he lost his temper in an argument with someone who called him out on his bullshit on the french forums.

About the license thing:

Spoiler:

Wow, so NCI was a regular scammer bootleg legion of doom. Good shit. Thanks for clearing that up man. I am now enlightened.

F I R E W A L L
    M Y A S S !

Yeah.... I wanted to get one of those Breakers Revenge carts back then, but after reading all this crap from them I just passed. I'm not gonna support this kind of people in any way.
    PMing Rot on a daily basis since December 2014

Quote Originally Posted by ResO View Post
    I always offer free shipping on my used panties. Many sellers are really getting greedy these days.

Rugal's Thug

About the license thing:

Spoiler:

In several forums we have spoken on this 'team', and an user has asked them if they could show the Visco license.
    Since 2016 we are still waiting...
    Last edited by ULTRA 4TH GEN; 04-02-2017 at 02:15 PM.
    FUCK MONGRELS

When people say use the search function, they mean do a Google search with site:neo-geo.com in the search box.

ネオジオ

Just curious but, didn't some member here contacted Visco back then?

I recall the Visco quick reply he/she reported like "Dear xxx, yes we gave the game license to NCI" ...that's it.. (probably it was BBB)

anyway, not that actually matters...such license was for the game, not for neogeo/ngcd platforms, which would have required SNK to license it.

I really don't get the sick pleasure these guys have keeping raping a platform died ~15 years ago...let it rest in peace..
    凄いゲームを連れて。。。売った。

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Quote Originally Posted by massimiliano View Post
    I really don't get the sick pleasure these guys have keeping raping a platform died ~15 years ago...let it rest in peace..
    Last edited by xsq; 03-31-2017 at 04:10 AM.

King's Dry Cleaner

Doesn't seem to be exactly flying off the shelves, though. They continue to drip feed unsold copies to eBay every once in a while. You would think there would be a better way for these folks to make money in this scene without all the shady shit, but it's as if this is all they know to do.

Ukyo's Doctor

It's the art, God is it the art. It's terrible. I love the breaker games, way more than the AOF line, but it's not worth $400 bucks for a poor copy. I do like however that their boards etc are custom, so they aren't destroying carts. However, I do wonder where they got their shells from....
    Looking for UK copies of Dive Alert Becky's Version, Puzzle Link 1 and 2, Gals Fighters, and Pocket Reversi.
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41108&dateline=145772  3980

King's Dry Cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by wyndcrosser View Post
    I do like however that their boards etc are custom, so they aren't destroying carts. However, I do wonder where they got their shells from....
    Except that's not what they did, see earlier:

They can make their own shells and snaplocks.

Thread Information