Why aren't we talking about Trump's changes to the National Security Council?

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Trump kicked both the Director of National Intelligence and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff off of the (usually non-partisan) National Security Council principals committee and added right-wing nutjob Steve Bannon. According to Sean "Period" Spicer, this makes perfect sense because Bannon is an ex-Navy Officer and is therefore an expert on geopolitics. So, yeah...

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Anybody want to hazard a guess at the over/under on how long it will take for Trump, blaming the country-wide protests, to declare martial law?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Trump kicked both the Director of National Intelligence and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff off of the (usually non-partisan) National Security Council principals committee and added right-wing nutjob Steve Bannon. According to Sean "Period" Spicer, this makes perfect sense because Bannon is an ex-Navy Officer and is therefore an expert on geopolitics. So, yeah...

Bannon is the source of all the racist policies. He's a complete disaster, and has zero respect for the legal system, or people of backgrounds that differ from his own.

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
Bannon is the source of all the racist policies. He's a complete disaster, and has zero respect for the legal system, or people of backgrounds that differ from his own.

Yeah but he's an expert on geopolitics...

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Anybody want to hazard a guess at the over/under on how long it will take for Trump, blaming the country-wide protests, to declare martial law?

I have the thought declaring martial law would backfire. The guns crowd would probably think the government is going to come after their guns...plus in places like CA, I can't see it even happening. I don't know, if anything you might see an open revolt in this country if Trump declared martial law.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Relax guys. After Jared Kushner is done fixing the Israeli Palestinian conflict, he'll help out with the rest of the world

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Why aren't we talking about it? Because it's been a busy week.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
http://time.com/4652785/steve-bannon-stoppresidentbannon-twitter-donald-trump/

"Bannon was promoted to a role on the National Security Council (NSC) on Saturday. The council is the main group that advises the president on national security and foreign affairs. With the move, Bannon will join "high-level discussions about national security," according BBC News."

Dear god. Trump can't keep putting like minded people behind him. He needs to add dissension. That dissension is key to what makes us a good society. To have other voices have calls also. He campaigned for all americans, and that also fucking means having AMERICANS that don't agree with your shit.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
It's going to be mighty interesting these next 4 years, probably 8 though. BANNON, BANN ON, BAN ON MUSLIMS! I think I found his source of inspiration there.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Dear god. Trump can't keep putting like minded people behind him. He needs to add dissension. That dissension is key to what makes us a good society. To have other voices have calls also. He campaigned for all americans, and that also fucking means having AMERICANS that don't agree with your shit.

He can't do it, LWK. It wouldn't matter if he brought those people in. He can't process dissent. He can't process information that conflicts with his understanding of the world. He wouldn't have become president if he could do those things. He was elected by people who want the impossible and don't want to hear why they can't have it, people who chose him as an avatar because he can't be oppressed by facts. If you didn't see that before, see it now. Stop fantasizing about what he needs to do. He won't do it.

Marek

Banned
He can't do it, LWK. It wouldn't matter if he brought those people in. He can't process dissent. He can't process information that conflicts with his understanding of the world. He wouldn't have become president if he could do those things. He was elected by people who want the impossible and don't want to hear why they can't have it, people who chose him as an avatar because he can't be oppressed by facts. If you didn't see that before, see it now. Stop fantasizing about what he needs to do. He won't do it.

I just don't see how anyone could think, from his campaign, that Trump was going to entertain alternative viewpoints or that he was "campaigning for all Americans".

All Americans? Seriously? Just not the brown ones, the gay ones, or the poor ones.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I'm sick of people saying that they are upset and voted for trump for yyyy but didn't vote for trump because of xxxx.

Sorry, you knew what you were getting into.

Clinton was right. There is no other donald trump. The emperor is wearing no clothes.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
So I guess Trump fired the acting attorney general for questioning (betraying) his EO.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
IMG_20170130_203517.jpg

BETRAYAL

Attachments

• IMG_20170130_203517.jpg
    IMG_20170130_203517.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 63

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Anybody want to guess who the SCOTUS pick is? The announcement is supposed to come tomorrow night.