Top Players Golf AES

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I got this cartridge a while back. It didn't have a label so I added one. The boards look a bit suspicious to me. Real or conversion?

NmOPSF5.jpg

bsCZMmI.jpg

nRNkfe9.jpg

gGJrKWb.jpg

4gnSuni.jpg

KjPzwfx.jpg

guCkLBV.jpg

eWBLyWq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cHtxA5O.jpg

Last edited:

neo-geo 2

Raiden's Valet
Not sure why someone would sac a cart to make a top players using real chips, but either that has happened or this was some sort of repair job. But my money would be on conversion, weird

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
All the ROM chips are hand-soldered.

Maybe the guy just reflowed the solder using a very bad soldering iron or something? I have one or two MVS carts like that, everything's SNK original except the solderings. Fatal Fury Special and KOF94 IIRC.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Reflowed all 15 ROM chips? I doubt that. I would sooner suspect your FFS and KOF94 MVS carts are reverse conversions.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
so, is this the case where those boards belonged to a different AES game, probably not common in MVS format and it received TPG chips from the donor MVS? I wonder which swap would have justified the work.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Now that's strange. Isn't this basically the cheapest MVS title? I don't think anyone would purposely try & make an AES boot for the game. What would the point be? I'm leaning more towards this having been repaired, or possibly a test cart for someone who wanted to get better at soldering/de-soldering chips. I don't know what else it could be.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Reflowed all 15 ROM chips? I doubt that. I would sooner suspect your FFS and KOF94 MVS carts are reverse conversions.

Hmmm...I guess that made sense when these came out and AES were cheaper than MVS, but strange anyway since these games are not uncommon, or really expensive or anything.

Now that's strange. Isn't this basically the cheapest MVS title? I don't think anyone would purposely try & make an AES boot for the game. What would the point be? I'm leaning more towards this having been repaired, or possibly a test cart for someone who wanted to get better at soldering/de-soldering chips. I don't know what else it could be.

This sounds more like my carts, since I got them both from the same person IIRC.

Last edited: