herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
At least it has a functional use now.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
It still has the same hardware inside tough
The tl'dr of this is he gutted this Xbox Alpha computer, which only 50 are known to exist and each has unique data if I remember correctly to install a current gen i3 and 1050ti graphics card. Not only could he have sold this for a lot of money to build two computers and have money left over, he formatted the drive because Windows explorer didn't see anything, lol. With this in mind, it had potential to jump started OG Xbox Emulation as very little documentation exist for it.

The good thing is some anonymous person came out and stated his father had an Xbox Alpha tower but that he sold it off for like 9350ish dollars, but made a backup off the data. I hope he can find the backup of the data as each of these 50 alpha towers apparently had unique data.

2VWVZ91.jpg

Also here is his response to the whole thing

"you people dont understand it was internal use only it made Xbox software not games. If you guys wanted it so bad my father came on Reddit a couple years ago and got no takers and now you suffer the consequences. you act like you own it and are chewing me out for breaking your stuff, well news flash i own it i do what i feel is best and in my humble and according to you guys shitty opinion i chose an upgrade. To your point about Xbox emulators they exist. if you really want one find someone who owns one and wants to let go of it, im not that person."

Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Fucking damn what a stupid ass backwards motherfucker....

AlohaSnackbar

Banned
People are free to be as dumb as they want to.
I hope something comes of the other guy selling the backup data.
I'd love to play Otogi or Panzer Dragoon Orta with some higher native res in amulation.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
What a goddamned shame. And this one we know of, image what else in this vein has gotten wasted by folks that didn't understand what they had.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Appreciate my shitty decision! Man...some of the people on Reddit sometimes.

Well, the thing is he could have just done it and no one would have even known. But with the Reddit crowd, it's all about getting validation from others. "Ooh, look what I did! Upvotes to the left PLS." Then he gets upset when it doesn't turn into a circle-jerk about how awesome his computer is.

Same thing in the retrogaming subreddits. People painstakingly arrange their SNES collection on the floor, making sure that all the games are perfectly lined up, one controller on each side of the console both turned exactly 45 degrees in opposite directions with the cords carefully coiled up. "My SNES collection so far. How am I doing?" Just play your fucking games! You're taking a picture of the exact same console and games that everyone else in the sub has! "Well, I started a SNES collection. Where's my karma?"

Reddit has some great subs, but they're vastly outnumbered by the shitty ones.

AlohaSnackbar

Banned
Well, the thing is he could have just done it and no one would have even known. But with the Reddit crowd, it's all about getting validation from others. "Ooh, look what I did! Upvotes to the left PLS." Then he gets upset when it doesn't turn into a circle-jerk about how awesome his computer is.

Same thing in the retrogaming subreddits. People painstakingly arrange their SNES collection on the floor, making sure that all the games are perfectly lined up, one controller on each side of the console both turned exactly 45 degrees in opposite directions with the cords carefully coiled up. "My SNES collection so far. How am I doing?" Just play your fucking games! You're taking a picture of the exact same console and games that everyone else in the sub has! "Well, I started a SNES collection. Where's my karma?"

Reddit has some great subs, but they're vastly outnumbered by the shitty ones.

Great post. Let me like your youtube channel.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It's funny to see people masturbate over a few games they won't play, when I have every single game they covet and a lot more either in a simple stack on my bookcase or a smaller stack next to the TV since I'm actually playing them.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi guys, here is a picture demonstrating that I have spent a fair amount of money over the course of two months. I am proud and committed to this, so please start up-voting and liking. Just a moment of your time, as you will never hear from me again until I have spent more money and am able to show you my progress on spending more money.

jdoll

Kuroko's Training Dummy
sad stuff hell a dreamcast dev kit just gave us yet another title to play this week!

Tanooki

War Room Troll
sad stuff hell a dreamcast dev kit just gave us yet another title to play this week!

Wow sweet, even if it wasn't the best racer made in that period, the fact someone just happened to not just find a DC dev kit, but that it had an entirely 100% complete copy of a tanked game and had the class to make it public is fantastic.

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
honestly this almost seems like an elaborate troll just to piss off gamers, especially due to his response using words like "now you suffer these consequences" etc. If you really think about it the gaming community, especially console gamers, get REALLY triggered about shit. I would agree with most of them on this of course, I really have a fondness for historic things of significance, be they monuments, firearms, game dev equipment, prototypes etc. But still, whenever I really think about the gaming community as a whole, pretty much snowflake city, mostly because they tend to be all up other gamers shit all the time. Idiots like this exist everywhere likely doing this to all kinds of things of historic importance (people do this shit to old guns all the time) It angers me but at some point youve gotta just be like "well, it wasnt my tower, and until this happened I didnt even know much about it or at least the whereabouts of that specific one" just gotta do our part to preserve the artifacts we actually find ourselves, no need in getting worked up over other people's stupidity.