AES: Pulstar - Too good to Be True?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Some of those '90s kids post here too (hi). Just be patient, deals can still be had these days, but they're far and few between. The massive Neo price spikes didn't start occurring until around 2010 and onward. You're quite late to the party, sadly.

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
qWyFDgp.jpg

Maybe this bootlegger occasionally sells a diamond in the midst, just to keep people on their toes.

It actually can happen with some collectors being too xenophobic about boots, i got a legit Ragnagard for a price of a boot i found out last year.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The massive Neo price spikes didn't start occurring until around 2010 and onward.

I'd say rather around 2013. '12 & 13 were the last years where you could buy most of the stuff between $200 (Last Resort EU) and $800 (Blazing Star). Pulstar was around $485, MotW around $400. These were reasonable prices for mint conditions.

Since '14 it has been just crazy out there and currently you can't take it seriously anymore. But I fully agree on deals being still out there to be had. It just takes luck, courage (boots & cons are waiting...) and/or a massive amount of time to get them.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
And what really sucks is, if you have some inventory to move in order to fund a purchase, if you sell at the stupid price you look like a dick, but you can't really buy at a reasonable price 'cuz ain't nobody sellin'.

Perhaps I should go back to sleep for a number of years and, after people are back to "These graphics suck," start filling out the library when pricing has normalized (wishful thinking).

I should give props to member wyo though, for selling me an MVS Soccer Brawl at a good price, and sending it packaged as if it were made of crystal. Wyo, if you see this, I appreciate it (publicly)!

Hey, you're welcome! :D And you're absolutely right about the trading dilemma. It's all very well selling stuff on the cheap to avoid being tarnished with the flipper label. But if the goal is to purchase other games, it's very difficult to find friendly deals now. A number of collectors I know do a lot of trades and rarely sell due to the work involved.

oliverclaude is spot on as well. 2013 was the year this hobby jumped the shark.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Since '14 it has been just crazy out there and currently you can't take it seriously anymore. But I fully agree on deals being still out there to be had. It just takes luck, courage (boots & cons are waiting...) and/or a massive amount of time to get them.

Or... or... getting a plane ticket to someplace and find a treasure shop that doesn't give a shit about ebay prices but just rarity of the stuff.
I got myself pretty nice deals with that :)

xorthen

Banned
Trust me, Pulstar isn't worth today's asking price. Just walk away. Walk far away.